Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Buh bye

Re: Buh bye
« Reply #140 on: December 02, 2018, 07:01:43 PM »
I think Gus will be the head coach when we kick off vs Oregon. 

I do not think he will be head coach by the time we play LSU. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #141 on: December 02, 2018, 08:25:37 PM »
I think Gus will be the head coach when we kick off vs Oregon.

I do not think he will be head coach by the time we play LSU.
That should make for a good ol interim
shitfest.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #142 on: December 03, 2018, 06:34:14 AM »
There is a coach who has a team in a bowl.  Going to finish that out and then...
That's a long wait for a train that don't come.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

jmar

« Reply #143 on: December 03, 2018, 06:53:20 AM »
The logic of this scenario makes no sense.  Think about it.  What good does it do to not make the move...both for us and the teams they're coaching?  If you're not going to the playoffs, it's now about one thing,...recruiting.  why wait?  Fact is. Malzahn is our guy.
Makes perfect sense to me. :blink:

The following is an exerpt from an article by the Ames Register concerning the hiring of Matt Campbell.

"Doctor Leath flew over Saturday night so Matt could sign the offer officially with Dr. Leath there," Pollard said. "I think that's very important for both Matt and our president and for me that the highest paid employee at Iowa State University, that the president was in the room for the actual, official signing of the deal. But we're not bringing the president all the way over there if it was going to be a dog and pony show. Saturday night was a very exciting night for all of us."

And thus the coaching search was complete.

Some here might know Campbell as the hottest young coach in the business. He now has a 20M buyout at ISU.

Yes, the same ISU that brought us Chizik and that wheeling-dealing/zany pilot of a President Steven Leath.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #144 on: December 03, 2018, 09:12:07 AM »
Not sure Mason is ready for a big program, although I do like his coaching style.
Franklin might not be a home run hire, but he'd at least be a stand up triple.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

bgreene

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

jmar

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #147 on: December 03, 2018, 09:41:31 AM »
Mediocrity is here for the long haul.
Not after Florida kicks our teeth in, to drop our record to 3-3 (losses to Oregon, aTm, and UF).

Going into a bye week, we cut our losses with Gustavo.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #148 on: December 03, 2018, 09:52:26 AM »
Not after Florida kicks our teeth in, to drop our record to 3-3 (losses to Oregon, aTm, and UF).

Going into a bye week, we cut our losses with Gustavo.
Can't see proceeding with the stench of failure lingering into another season. It's just prolonging the pain and the wrong way to handle this. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #149 on: December 03, 2018, 09:56:03 AM »
Can't see proceeding with the stench of failure lingering into another season. It's just prolonging the pain and the wrong way to handle this.
100% agree.  The minute Gus and Auburn entered into negotiations after the Iron Bowl, every swinging dick on this board knew exactly what it meant.  The relationship between Gus and Auburn is fractured beyond repair.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bgreene

« Reply #150 on: December 03, 2018, 10:00:48 AM »
Auburn is making it harder to have a coach want to come here with this garbage!! Everything that has happened this year will happen again next season.  This does make me think that Clemson trans QB is coming to AU and that's what Gus used to keep his job.  Leath is a big enough idiot to buy Gus's lie
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

jmar

« Reply #151 on: December 03, 2018, 10:16:08 AM »
Auburn is making it harder to have a coach want to come here with this garbage!! Everything that has happened this year will happen again next season.  This does make me think that Clemson trans QB is coming to AU and that's what Gus used to keep his job.  Leath is a big enough idiot to buy Gus's lie
Last I saw Mizzou was in the lead for Bryant. He has a few days left to name his school. So much for a bird in the hand. Let's just poison the whole flock.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #152 on: December 03, 2018, 10:17:25 AM »
100% agree.  The minute Gus and Auburn entered into negotiations after the Iron Bowl, every swinging dick on this board knew exactly what it meant.  The relationship between Gus and Auburn is fractured beyond repair.
As a couple of the writers put it - was the start of a long exit. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #153 on: December 03, 2018, 10:34:33 AM »
Last I saw Mizzou was in the lead for Bryant. He has a few days left to name his school. So much for a bird in the hand. Let's just poison the whole flock.
I am biased. But why would he not choose AU over a new HBCU?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 12:43:51 PM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #154 on: December 03, 2018, 11:05:51 AM »
We can't even fire a coach right.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 11:07:51 AM by The Six »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

bgreene

« Reply #155 on: December 04, 2018, 10:50:59 AM »
Article in al.com

Gus Malzahn only has one option left

--Auburn couldn’t put LSU away despite leading 21-10 in the third quarter.

--Running back Boobee Whitlow’s fumble at the goal line against Mississippi State changed the season.

--Quarterback Jarrett Stidham threw two of the worst interceptions you’ll ever see against Tennessee, but the Tigers were still in position to win … before Stidham fumbled the game away.

Bottom line: Auburn couldn’t run the ball this season, and Malzahn didn’t trust his offensive coordinator and quarterback enough to make the necessary adjustments. Now, make no mistake, Malzahn is staring into the void of his own Little Bighorn as he enters into the final weeks before the early signing period.

http://s.al.com/gyD07oN
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

-Sidney Phillips

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #156 on: December 04, 2018, 11:01:02 AM »
Lindsey is off with Toto.

OC at Kansas!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

bgreene

« Reply #157 on: December 04, 2018, 11:13:15 AM »
Lindsey is off with Toto.

OC at Kansas!

That's well known at this point.  I was pointing out the fact that the article claims he didn't trust his OC or QB enough to make adjustments, which is laughable.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

-Sidney Phillips

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #158 on: December 04, 2018, 11:29:48 AM »
Last night, Snagette comes in and asks me, "Do you know what happened at Auburn today?"

Me:  Chip Lindsey resigned.

Do you know where he's going?

To Kansas with Les Miles.  Everybody knows that.

She hangs her head and starts to walk out. Then stops and says, "Well, did you know there really is an oldest trick in the book?"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

MrAZiffell

• RMPL...Got it...
« Reply #159 on: December 06, 2018, 02:55:44 PM »
& you guys just kept asking me why I didn't want Gus...

(But, we did get another high school kinda guy.)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions