Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Buh bye

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Re: Buh bye
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2018, 04:03:15 PM »

“There’s problems in Auburn. There’s always been problems in Auburn. And, for some reason, they will continue to be problems in Auburn." - Tommy Tuberville
Damn straight, Tubs. 

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2018/11/jetgates-tommy-tuberville-on-bob-stoops-reports-this-is-typical-auburn.html#incart_river_index
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2018, 04:40:13 PM »
Damn straight, Tubs.

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2018/11/jetgates-tommy-tuberville-on-bob-stoops-reports-this-is-typical-auburn.html#incart_river_index

Auburn has one major issue. Steven Leath. He creates all of the other issues. And continues to do so.

as for Gus - there is no jay to blame anymore. We’ve made him rich beyond his wildest Arkansas hillbilly dreams. Facilities. Talent. A nicer AD than slimebag and two major votes of confidence. Gus has head issues. He’s paranoid and has security issues. He doesn’t trust anyone. Not because of anything a fan or power broker did. But him. This is on him. He’s created this prison for himself. But he isn’t even our issue if Leath wasn’t such a dumb mommy part. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2018, 05:17:21 PM »
Auburn has one major issue. Steven Leath. He creates all of the other issues. And continues to do so.

as for Gus - there is no jay to blame anymore. We’ve made him rich beyond his wildest Arkansas hillbilly dreams. Facilities. Talent. A nicer AD than slimebag and two major votes of confidence. Gus has head issues. He’s paranoid and has security issues. He doesn’t trust anyone. Not because of anything a fan or power broker did. But him. This is on him. He’s created this prison for himself. But he isn’t even our issue if Leath wasn’t such a dumb mommy part.
Don't you think calling that mommy part "dumb" is a little over the top?  That mommy part has feelings too, you know.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2018, 05:22:28 PM »
Quick question.  Where the hell is our AD in all of this?  Why is the President of the University of Auburn negotiating coaching contracts?  Is Greene just a figure head? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2018, 06:38:58 PM »
Quick question.  Where the hell is our AD in all of this?  Why is the President of the University of Auburn negotiating coaching contracts?  Is Greene just a figure head?
Leath is on vaycay.  Harbert is doing the negotiating.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2018, 06:40:57 PM »
Back when I used to teach high school we'd cover the Declaration of Independence.  I'd tell my kids that it was essentially a "break up" letter that England got from its significant other. 

I told them that when you get one of those letters, you're wasting your time trying to fight it out, begging for them to stay, threatening them, or any of those things.  If one part of a relationship wants out, let them go. The relationship will never be the same.

This is the same scenario.  Gus is out of love with AU.  AU is out of love with him.  No matter what happens -- stay or go -- the relationship is fractured.  He will always be looking for a way to leave with dignity.  We'll always be looking for a way to shove him out.

I'll credit our friends at al.com for doing their best to screw up the relationship and to make sure that they poison the pool of next potential girlfriends. 

Auburn circa 2004 begs to differ.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

GH2001

« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2018, 07:53:55 PM »

Auburn circa 2004 begs to differ.

If auburn being the admin, faculty, fans AND PTB then....

IN 2004 the fans were largely behind tubs and not in favor of what happened. Most auburn folks were begging him to stay. 

Fast forward to 2018. No one is behind gus. Other than Kristy with her strap on. No one. I think that’s the difference.

2004 - ptb against tubs.

2018 - whole fuckin auburn nation against gus.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2018, 07:55:27 PM »
Leath is on vaycay.  Harbert is doing the negotiating. 

That still begs the question. Where is Greene?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2018, 08:03:45 PM »
If auburn being the admin, faculty, fans AND PTB then....

IN 2004 the fans were largely behind tubs and not in favor of what happened. Most auburn folks were begging him to stay.

Fast forward to 2018. No one is behind gus. Other than Kristy with her strap on. No one. I think that’s the difference.

2004 - ptb against tubs.

2018 - whole fuckin auburn nation against gus.

I thought the analysis was coach v admin.

If you wanna move the goalposts, then sure.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

GH2001

« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2018, 08:05:54 PM »

I thought the analysis was coach v admin.

I just assumed K meant auburn as a whole. If coach vs ptb then sure I agree. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2018, 01:43:01 AM »

Auburn circa 2004 begs to differ.
So, so wrong.  

Yeah, things were better for a little while, but did the relationship recover?  Jacobs hated Tuberville, Tuberville hated Jacobs.  We've had numerous conversations here about how Tuberville was sabotaged by Jacobs along the way.  How the lack of commitment from the Athletic Department soured Tommy and impacted his level of effort (and pushed him into siege mentality where he became too loyal to his insular crew).  

From the moment Cadillac turned the corner on Alabama in 2003 and gave Tuberville the sympathy vote from the fans Auburn's administration was looking for a way to get rid of him.  He just made it difficult for them to do so.  As soon as he showed a crack in the facade -- GTFO.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2018, 01:48:36 AM »

I thought the analysis was coach v admin.

The analysis was at the relationship level.  Coach/Admin, Boyfriend/Girlfriend, Employer/Employee.  

When one partner or the other wants out to the point of making threats, it can rarely be repaired.  It almost always ends badly.  Maybe not immediately, but it's just a matter of time until it's over. 

You upended the goalposts.  

Whatever happens with Gus?  It would take a miracle for there to be some huge fan revival behind him.  His relationship with the athletic department and administration in its current makeup cannot be salvaged no matter how this ends.  Now, next year, two years from now, they'll find a reason to shove him out.  Truth be told, he'll probably give them one. He doesn't have the knowledge or experience to turn this around.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bgreene

« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2018, 09:22:24 AM »
That still begs the question. Where is Greene?
I'm here!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

GH2001

« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2018, 09:34:49 AM »
The analysis was at the relationship level.  Coach/Admin, Boyfriend/Girlfriend, Employer/Employee. 

When one partner or the other wants out to the point of making threats, it can rarely be repaired.  It almost always ends badly.  Maybe not immediately, but it's just a matter of time until it's over.

You upended the goalposts. 

Whatever happens with Gus?  It would take a miracle for there to be some huge fan revival behind him.  His relationship with the athletic department and administration in its current makeup cannot be salvaged no matter how this ends.  Now, next year, two years from now, they'll find a reason to shove him out.  Truth be told, he'll probably give them one. He doesn't have the knowledge or experience to turn this around. 

Even in a situation of JUST coach and admin tubs still had the wildcard in the form of tremendous support from the fans and players. I think the lack of support for Gus is pretty unanimous. GOAL POSTS or not I think that’s a big factor in the two situations being different. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2018, 10:10:33 AM »
It almost always ends badly.  
One correction here.  Everything ends badly or it wouldn't end.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #55 on: November 28, 2018, 10:11:52 AM »
I think the lack of support for Gus is pretty unanimous.
Not entirely, some in administration still seem to want him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #56 on: November 28, 2018, 10:21:51 AM »
Even in a situation of JUST coach and admin tubs still had the wildcard in the form of tremendous support from the fans and players. I think the lack of support for Gus is pretty unanimous. GOAL POSTS or not I think that’s a big factor in the two situations being different.
The point he was trying to make was that AU and Tuberville overcame the acrimony of 2003 to create 2004.  But you know 2004 stuck in the gullet of certain AU royalty who were hoping for a two or three-loss season to provide the rails of justification for his exit.  

All Tuberville did was rub their faces in it.  In 2003 fans were behind him, the players were behind him but there was a perma-frost that emanated from the administration from 2003 to the end of his days. And apparently still exists.   

He was looking at another field and the wrong goal posts. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #57 on: November 28, 2018, 10:23:31 AM »
This is the second failed experiment from Iowa State. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #58 on: November 28, 2018, 10:27:05 AM »
Maybe the ROTC storms the athletic offices and we get a standoff.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #59 on: November 28, 2018, 02:00:40 PM »
Maybe the ROTC storms the athletic offices and we get a standoff.
At this point that wouldn't surprise me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.