Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Official 2018-19 AU Basketball Thread with NIT Tournament Aspirations!

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
This team is on fire.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
#firehimnowbeforeitstoolate
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
#firehimnowbeforeitstoolate

And to think....before you were sarcastic about this, you were actually serious. What crack were you on? Ammarite?

On a serious note, some other tidbits I have noticed: 

- our women also got a tough draw with BYU. Out west. Bracket Setters hate teh aubrenz.

- today is zion vs Taco Bell Kajibuto fall or whatever his name is. Guy is a foot taller than Zion (7’7) and swears he won’t let him dunk. Ucf is also coached by Johnny Dawkins who played at duke with jay bilas when Jordan and Kenny smith were at unc. Just an interesting game all around.

- unc plays a team we creamed back in dec. we get the winner in kc next week so here’s hoping the huskies find some magic today. I personally believe unc is the best all round team in cbb. I know our tiggers aint skerrd of no goats but still....would rather have Washington.

- the tenn women got an 11 seed. Never thought id see that day. The tenn women also got bounced in the first round. Badly. This seemed unimaginable only a decade ago. I think summit was an even better coach than any of us realized. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

chinook

And to think....before you were sarcastic about this, you were actually serious. What crack were you on? Ammarite?

On a serious note, some other tidbits I have noticed: 

- our women also got a tough draw with BYU. Out west. Bracket Setters hate teh aubrenz.

- today is zion vs Taco Bell Kajibuto fall or whatever his name is. Guy is a foot taller than Zion (7’7) and swears he won’t let him dunk. Ucf is also coached by Johnny Dawkins who played at duke with jay bilas when Jordan and Kenny smith were at unc. Just an interesting game all around.

- unc plays a team we creamed back in dec. we get the winner in kc next week so here’s hoping the huskies find some magic today. I personally believe unc is the best all round team in cbb. I know our tiggers aint skerrd of no goats but still....would rather have Washington.

- the tenn women got an 11 seed. Never thought id see that day. The tenn women also got bounced in the first round. Badly. This seemed unimaginable only a decade ago. I think summit was an even better coach than any of us realized.

He's Blue Devil through and through.  

He has no place on the Pearl Bus/Ship, whatever it is called.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
I'm sick of seeing and hearing about that dimbulb sack of meat from Duke.  I usually like the Devils.  But I don't like this kid.  Not his fault that they're pouring attention on him, but he's dumber than a bag of busted biscuits.  I really, really, really hoped they would lose and they would have if the stupid referees weren't deferential to his big doofus ass.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

I'm sick of seeing and hearing about that dimbulb sack of meat from Duke.  I usually like the Devils.  But I don't like this kid.  Not his fault that they're pouring attention on him, but he's dumber than a bag of busted biscuits.  I really, really, really hoped they would lose and they would have if the stupid referees weren't deferential to his big doofus ass. 

He apparently can’t commit a charge. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
He apparently can’t commit a charge.
His left forearm is registered on the do not call list.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
BWAAAAAHAHAHAHA.... you people sound strangely like Democrats.  Go Dookies.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

BWAAAAAHAHAHAHA.... you people sound strangely like Democrats.  Go Dookies.
They have a message board for that. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

6 games in 10 days is unsustainable... But I hate having all these days to cool off.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

First slate of Sweet 16 games tonight:

(4)FSU/(1)Gonzaga

(3)Purdue/(2)Tenn

(3)TexasTech/(2)Mich

(12)Oregon/(1)UVA

I'm all chalk for these matchups, though I think TT could give Michigan fits with their defense.

I think Tenn and UVA cruise.

Noles v Zags is the only game I think will carry any drama.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

As for our game, exactly two of the "experts" have picked us to win: Jeff Sagarin's computer model and the coin flip of Clucko the Chicken.

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/LongFormArticle/Expert-predictions-for-Auburn-vs-North-Carolina-in-NCAA-Tournament-Sweet-16-130603796/#130603796_16

Everyone else say's that we're plucky and spunky, but just can't compete with the superstars at UNC.

Let's make sure Jared and the boys get a peek at this stuff...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
As for our game, exactly two of the "experts" have picked us to win: Jeff Sagarin's computer model and the coin flip of Clucko the Chicken.

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/LongFormArticle/Expert-predictions-for-Auburn-vs-North-Carolina-in-NCAA-Tournament-Sweet-16-130603796/#130603796_16

Everyone else say's that we're plucky and spunky, but just can't compete with the superstars at UNC.

Let's make sure Jared and the boys get a peek at this stuff...
Depends on the mojo baby.  We play like we did against Kansas or SEC Championship we can compete/beat any team I have seen including Team Zion.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

jmar

Depends on the mojo baby.  We play like we did against Kansas or SEC Championship we can compete/beat any team I have seen including Team Zion.
This^^
We are vulnerable to the extent of how our three balls fall in the first half and what kind of intensity we have in the second half.

We can run with anybody and just need to transition the way we did against Kansas by not letting them get back in it by going to the line. They were on fire themselves in the second half but to our credit we didn't allow them to make it a halfcourt game.

Regardless of the opponent, if any combination of Harper, Okeke or Brown are sinking threes we are the most dangerous team in the tourney. We can get enough offensive rebounds and force enough turnovers to keep advancing.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Oh and we have a secret weapon.  Our once resident Tarheel has found his woo and switched allegiances.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

wesfau2

Oh and we have a secret weapon.  Our once resident Tarheel has found his woo and switched allegiances.
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.....shit.  Look out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Jangle Leg, what'd I tell you about pitchin' woo on the job?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
You serious, Clark?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
He needs to come back and start posting again.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
He needs to come back and start posting again.
As soon as he can wake Garman up, he'll be back.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions