Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Official 2018-19 AU Basketball Thread with NIT Tournament Aspirations!

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Re: The Official 2018-19 AU Basketball Thread with NIT Tournament Aspirations!
« Reply #340 on: February 28, 2019, 12:36:58 PM »
Looks like we are a safe 8 to 10 seed for the NCAAs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #341 on: February 28, 2019, 02:04:42 PM »
I guess Pearl liked that slogan so much that he has decided to keep it around for next year too.
In his defense he gave no end date.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #342 on: February 28, 2019, 02:09:43 PM »
Looks like we are a safe 8 to 10 seed for the NCAAs.
I don't think it matters. I see a first round exit in the SEC and Dance.
This team had the fire early, but it has faded.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #343 on: February 28, 2019, 03:14:42 PM »
I don't think it matters. I see a first round exit in the SEC and Dance.
This team had the fire early, but it has faded.
I heard a couple of comments from the announcers last night that in a nutshell said, this team looks tired and unmotivated.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #344 on: February 28, 2019, 03:19:37 PM »
Can we put in a petition to hold all tourney games inside Auburn Arena?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #345 on: February 28, 2019, 04:16:30 PM »
Can we put in a petition to hold all tourney games inside Auburn Arena?
I mean, yes we can, but....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #346 on: February 28, 2019, 09:10:26 PM »
I heard a couple of comments from the announcers last night that in a nutshell said, this team looks tired and unmotivated.
I generally don't agree with announcers, but I heard them make several comments last night that there was just no sense of urgency.  That's exactly what I saw. 

Ten point lead evaporated?  Walk it up the floor and run a goofy couple of sets as the shot clock winds down, take a bad shot and don't rebound.  

Put forth a little effort, go back up by six and take a break for a while.  Walk the ball up the court,  lazily toss it around a bit, put up a wild shot.  

I really thought we'd push the ball against Georgia.  When we did, they couldn't handle it.   But we didn't keep it up.  

Still won. Longest winning streak against Georgia since KISS was the nation's most popular band by far.  I mean, we're complaining but I wonder if we should.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Still won. Longest winning streak against Georgia since KISS was the nation's most popular band by far.  I mean, we're complaining but I wonder if we should. 
As I stated earlier, UGA is the shittiest team in the league(Is Vandy even still in the SEC?)

Did CGM coach this game?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

jmar

We live and die by the three. If both Harper and Brown are on we might win a couple in the tourney. Brown was maybe 1 for 9 last night.
We are no better with Wiley because our forwards don't contribute near as much with him on the floor. 
Spencer and McLemore both had highlight reel jams and played well and McCormick and Doughty made some positive things happen but there's just a lack of consistency. 
Thank God we have Purifoy!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
We live and die by the three. If both Harper and Brown are on we might win a couple in the tourney. Brown was maybe 1 for 9 last night.
We are no better with Wiley because our forwards don't contribute near as much with him on the floor.
Spencer and McLemore both had highlight reel jams and played well and McCormick and Doughty made some positive things happen but there's just a lack of consistency.
Thank God we have Purifoy!
So. Crazy idea. Sit all of the starters(maybe 10 minutes each) until the SEC tourney. Play the hell out of the backups and Purifoy/Blackstock(LOL).
Enter the tourney healthy and rested. Put all eggs in one basket.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

So. Crazy idea. Sit all of the starters(maybe 10 minutes each) until the SEC tourney. Play the hell out of the backups and Purifoy/Blackstock(LOL).
I like it with the exception that the crazy fucks would find a way to take our spot in favor of the hairdos from Tuscaloosa.
But your idea might have merit being as most teams like to get on a roll going in whereas ours would probably benefit from lounging around rolling blunts.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 02:28:40 PM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
We aren't a lock for the tourney yet.  Don't count your chickens before they hatch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
We aren't a lock for the tourney yet.  Don't count your chickens before they hatch.
Well now, that was racist.  Why didn't you just throw in watermelons too while you were at it?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Which tourney, the SEC?

I was thinking this approach will work for the NIT also.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

Well now, that was racist.  Why didn't you just throw in watermelons too while you were at it?
Funny how honky try to slide code in a convocation.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
That was a pretty commanding performance by a patchwork starting 5.

They lost focus for a bit with around 6 to go in the game and allowed MissSt to creep back, but there was never a sense of panic.

This team needs to find a way to bring that same intensity to other arenas.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
20-9. That should seal a March Madness bid with our schedule.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
20-9. That should seal a March Madness bid with our schedule.
This is a rare point for auburn basketball.

We just had only our 3rd back to back 20 win season in the programs history. Since the program started 114 years ago. We’ve only had Ten 20 win seasons total - 20% those being in the last two seasons.

I think K is right. This is our ceiling. Despite our complaints this is a good time for the program. Only the 3rd good era for auburn basketball behind the mid 80s and late 90s. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
That was a pretty commanding performance by a patchwork starting 5.

They lost focus for a bit with around 6 to go in the game and allowed MissSt to creep back, but there was never a sense of panic.

This team needs to find a way to bring that same intensity to other arenas.
Purifoy with those outstanding passes again!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions