Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Official 2018-19 AU Basketball Thread with NIT Tournament Aspirations!

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: The Official 2018-19 AU Basketball Thread with NIT Tournament Aspirations!
« Reply #300 on: February 16, 2019, 10:29:20 PM »
Watched just about all of UK and UT.  The Wildcats handled them easily after running out to a 15-20 point lead early in the 2nd half.  But, the thing that struck me was that the Vols were still running a beautiful offense all night long.  Motion...screens...inside-out.  Just were too sloppy with it.  UK was too athletic tonight.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #301 on: February 17, 2019, 09:00:09 AM »
Watched just about all of UK and UT.  The Wildcats handled them easily after running out to a 15-20 point lead early in the 2nd half.  But, the thing that struck me was that the Vols were still running a beautiful offense all night long.  Motion...screens...inside-out.  Just were too sloppy with it.  UK was too athletic tonight.
Saw Calipari take a veiled shot at us in the post-game.  

Said they and UT weren’t winning by making threes, they were winning by playing basketball. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #302 on: February 17, 2019, 09:26:35 PM »
Saw Calipari take a veiled shot at us in the post-game. 

Said they and UT weren’t winning by making threes, they were winning by playing basketball.
Whatever. We ain’t even doing that!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #303 on: February 20, 2019, 10:42:41 PM »
The Jekyll Tigers took a day off and let the Hyde Tigers have their day.
Hydes beat Arky 79-56.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #304 on: February 21, 2019, 08:59:00 AM »
The Jekyll Tigers took a day off and let the Hyde Tigers have their day.
Hydes beat Arky 79-56.
That was thorough domination, but I'm not sure that Arky is a particularly good squad.  Still, conference wins are at a premium and we've got a rough slate ahead:

@Kentucky
@UGA
Miss St
@Bama
Tenn

Could easily fall below .500 in conference if they slip up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #305 on: February 21, 2019, 09:51:00 AM »
That was thorough domination, but I'm not sure that Arky is a particularly good squad.  Still, conference wins are at a premium and we've got a rough slate ahead:

@Kentucky
@UGA
Miss St
@Bama
Tenn

I think the Orange Pearls win the middle 3.  I'm afraid they may get blown out in Lexington though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #306 on: February 21, 2019, 10:21:45 AM »
I think the Orange Pearls win the middle 3.  I'm afraid they may get blown out in Lexington though.
Only Old Miss blows us out!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

chinook

« Reply #307 on: February 21, 2019, 10:27:04 AM »
we win them all!  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #308 on: February 21, 2019, 10:31:11 AM »

@Kentucky
@UGA
Miss St
@Bama
Tenn

Tennessee has looked very human suddenly. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

« Reply #309 on: February 23, 2019, 03:45:45 PM »
Piss poor effort.

It's 3-pt or nothing...despite the progress Chuma is making in attacking the basket.

I'm in favor of sitting Purifoy for now...he only fucks up the rhythm.  
Modify message title=Modify message

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #310 on: February 23, 2019, 04:13:50 PM »
Piss poor effort.

It's 3-pt or nothing...despite the progress Chuma is making in attacking the basket.

I'm in favor of sitting Purifoy for now...he only fucks up the rhythm. 
Modify message title=Modify message

I didn’t mention it after that last win against Arky, but I said to myself I’d rather see the white guy play than Purifoy. He’s a big slow forward who wants to be a guard, but can’t shoot and can’t pass.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 08:24:32 PM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #311 on: February 23, 2019, 08:22:10 PM »
The Jekyll Tigers showed back up today in an 80-53 ass raping.

33% from the field.

Mclemore was high scorer with a whopping 10 points.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 08:24:16 PM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #312 on: February 23, 2019, 08:27:18 PM »
To top off the day, Ole Mrs players exercise their 1st amendment rights by kneeling during the anthem in protest of other’s first amendment rights. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #313 on: February 25, 2019, 09:42:16 AM »

@Kentucky
@UGA
Miss St
@Bama
Tenn

7-7 in conference.

Inability to win on the road is going to bite this team in the ass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #314 on: February 25, 2019, 11:04:27 AM »
7-7 in conference.

Inability to win on the road is going to bite this team in the ass.
Since no tournament games are played at home...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #315 on: February 25, 2019, 06:13:23 PM »
I know it’s easy to get frustrated and jaded.  

But I have to keep reminding myself where this bunch was a few short years ago.  

Tournament? What tournament?  There’s a tournament? Maybe we haven’t lived up to expectations, but to even have expectations is a short hop from amazing.  

The team has played well at times.  It’s erased decades-long records of futility by beating UF and winning at Vandy.  We actually recruit.  

This may be the ceiling.  Enjoy it  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #316 on: February 25, 2019, 07:43:51 PM »
I know it’s easy to get frustrated and jaded. 

But I have to keep reminding myself where this bunch was a few short years ago. 

Tournament? What tournament?  There’s a tournament? Maybe we haven’t lived up to expectations, but to even have expectations is a short hop from amazing. 

The team has played well at times.  It’s erased decades-long records of futility by beating UF and winning at Vandy.  We actually recruit. 

This may be the ceiling.  Enjoy it 
That’s where I am. I started to scour back through the threads here from the Lebo and barbee years. 

Where we said just making the NCAA tourney once every 2-3 seasons would please us. 

Making the sec tourney annually. 

Making it past first round every other year. 

That would be ok. We didn’t expect 25 wins. Just .500 or better most years. The occasional 20-22 win year. Now we have all that and then some.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #317 on: February 26, 2019, 01:10:45 AM »
That’s where I am. I started to scour back through the threads here from the Lebo and barbee years.

Where we said just making the NCAA tourney once every 2-3 seasons would please us.

Making the sec tourney annually.

Making it past first round every other year.

That would be ok. We didn’t expect 25 wins. Just .500 or better most years. The occasional 20-22 win year. Now we have all that and then some.
With this talent, I don’t mind a loss every now and then, but a Malzahn type ass whipping is embarrassing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #318 on: February 26, 2019, 08:50:55 AM »
You live by the 3 in the big blowout wins and you die by the missed 3 in the big blowout losses.
This team will either end up losing in the first round of the NIT or narrowly losing in the NCAA Elite 8 round.  Nothing in between...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #319 on: February 26, 2019, 10:18:05 AM »
You live by the 3 in the big blowout wins and you die by the missed 3 in the big blowout losses.
This team will either end up losing in the first round of the NIT or narrowly losing in the NCAA Elite 8 round.  Nothing in between...
This is what's so frustrating about it.  It's like when GF sends me those pictures of his bare ass and he's way down in south Florida and I'm all the way up here and.....wait...I mean....so yeah, Pearl's teams can be frustrating.

First, let me say the same as many have already stated.  Bruce Pearl is as good as we're going to get at AU.  He's a damn good recruiter and a great ambassador for the University.  He's made the program competitive.

But, I'll go ahead and say it.  We should be better than just competitive.  What Buzz said above is spot on.  If this team is hitting a bunch of the 3's they jack up, they can whip that ass.  (Isn't that true of any team?)  If they're not, they are almost unwatchable.  They're doing the same things they did his first three years at AU, just doing it with better players.

Pearl was at Milwaukee (Whatever they were called) for 4 years and he won right at 22 games a year with one bad year (16 wins) factored in.  He won an average of 24 games a year over 6 seasons at Tennessee with a bad year there as well.  Auburn has a shiny, new, badass gym.  They're filling it up on a regular basis.  The excitement about the program has been at an all time high.  He's got a bunch of 4 star players on the court now and 3 more four stars coming in next season.  Honestly, he should be putting a better product on the floor than every third game being a shit show.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."