Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Why it's not going to work

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Why it's not going to work
« on: October 21, 2018, 12:06:48 AM »
This quote: 

Malzahn's heated exchange with the official was personification of what linebacker Deshaun Davis described as a different side of the Tigers' embattled sixth-year head coach that the team has noticed throughout the week in practice. Malzahn has been more hands on in practice and active with players, and according to Davis, he has been more involved in game-planning in the last week, trying to make adjustments as the team was coming off a second straight loss to a team led by a first-year head coach.

"You could tell, I don't know what he's talking to himself about, but he has a different swagger about himself," Davis said. "I don't know if it's because we're in the position we're in. We're 5-3 or whatever our record is right now. But he's a different guy, I can tell you that."

Teams other than Alabama lose inexplicable games. Good teams lose games. Clemson lost to Syracuse a few years ago. Purdue beat the shit out of Ohio State today.  

What makes Gus losing to a Tennessee any different?  The certainty with which that's going to happen almost every season for one.  The constant struggle to get the mix right.  

Are you going to see quotes from Ohio State players next week saying Urban Meyer was really getting involved in practice for a change?  Did you see quotes from Clemson players talking about how Swinney was a different guy now that his ass was in a sling?  

The defense played pretty well today.  Not well enough to beat anybody but Liberty left on the schedule, but well.  The offense?  Still ineffective.  I was encouraged on the first drive when several passes in the middle of the field. After that drive, though?  Went away from it for long stretches of the game.  It was better, but it was still dysfunctional.  

Not as dysfunctional as Mississippi State.  How AU let that pathetic team score a single point is beyond me.  They have absolutely nothing on offense but that slow, plodding, assless white cave man stumbling forward.  He can't pass, period.  He threw five interceptions against LSU, four of which counted.  You could put 11 in the box and he's not going to complete enough passes to beat you.  

The announcers started literally begging MSU to take the guy out because he sucked so badly.  

One of the announcers was that insufferable douche McElroy.  LSU's best linebacker got tagged for targeting with about 4:00 left in the game.  McElroy reacted with righteous indignation and called it a clear case.  Holy hell.  The guy had his hands up and pushed Futzchumpald.  No targeting.  But LSU plays Bama next, so making sure he was out for the first half of that game was a must for the pathetic referees.  Gotta give the Tide their advantages.  

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Re: Why it's not going to work
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2018, 10:22:28 AM »
He won a game so the sunshine lickers will now be out in full force and there are many of them in the PTB at Auburn. Gus is safe for the rest of this year. When we go 3-9 next year, he'll get canned.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2018, 05:43:54 PM »
Malzahn got flagged for saying, "that's a buncha horse crap".

Desperate times call for desperate measures.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

jmar

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2018, 07:30:47 AM »
You people are just jealous because your head coach is ultra wealthy.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2018, 09:16:15 AM »
Did he show up in his helicopter, late for practice any this week?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2018, 12:05:54 PM »
I'd like to submit this into Evidence you Honor:  Different Article same subject.

Davis said Malzahn was more involved in practices the following week, and a newfound loose demeanor from the coach was an "all week" occurrence.

Say what now?!?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2018, 12:42:22 PM »
I'd like to submit this into Evidence you Honor:  Different Article same subject.

Say what now?!?
Translation:  We had a good week of practice.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2018, 01:47:54 PM »
Sounded more to me like.

Translation: Gus got his fat ass up from behind his desk and showed up to practice.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2018, 01:47:54 PM »
You best be stepping to the film room to review that shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2018, 01:59:18 PM »

Say what now?!?
What year was that quote from?  2015?  2017?  2018?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2018, 02:43:24 PM »
What year was that quote from?  2015?  2017?  2018?
It all means the same thing. We may or may not be ready to compete right away.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2018, 05:50:49 PM »
Sounded more to me like.

Translation: Gus got his fat ass up from behind his desk the Waffle House table and showed up to practice.
Fixed
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs