Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Maybe We Should Be Demanding More...

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Maybe We Should Be Demanding More...
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2018, 02:17:19 PM »
Yep.  We are paying WE!!! Salary and getting Nook results.
:popcorn:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2018, 02:46:21 PM »
It’s not chasing Saban.  Its abhoring incompetence.

Auburn physically dominated two number one teams in a row last season.  We proved we have the talent to do that. 

We also proved we can take that talent and gargle balls.

Forget chasing Saban.  Not the point.  It’s about looking and acting like a football team and not some clown show.  It’s about not doing the same stupid failed thing over and over.  It’s about playing hard.  It’s about being prepared.  It’s about getting better. It’s about evaluating the talent you have and managing that talent. 

There are things Gus does well.  He’s as good a front runner as I’ve ever seen.  When things are working he gets on a roll where every call he makes rocks the opposition.  But god help us all if a wheel starts to wobble. He overthinks, overdoes, doubts, puckers and falls apart.  That lost/confused face on the sidelines where you know he has no idea what to do, can’t step outside his own insecurities to figure it out and is mentally flailing? It’s infuriating.  I’ve never seen that look of paralyzed helplessness on even a good high school coach.  And when you see it you know it’s going to have lingering impact.  It’s never just one game. That self doubt spills over for weeks and shows up in gameplans and playcalls. 

I want to believe.  I want to think it’s going to be better “when”.  But that’s bullshit. 

I spent a long time married to someone and it was awful.  I kept telling myself things would be better “when”.  When doesn’t come.  You’ll have good days that give you hope but they never last.

You use your keyboard prettier than a $2 dollar whore.  #ibelievekaos
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2018, 03:00:03 PM »
This....

It’s not chasing Saban.  Its abhoring incompetence.

And this....

Forget chasing Saban.  Not the point.  It’s about looking and acting like a football team and not some clown show.  It’s about not doing the same stupid failed thing over and over.  It’s about playing hard.  It’s about being prepared.  It’s about getting better. It’s about evaluating the talent you have and managing that talent. 

I, as an Auburn, could care less about Saban. As a matter of fact, I want him at Bama. If you want to be the best, you have to beat the best. However, we have talent to be the best but the overpaid HC is not doing his HS job. He is sold out to the point he is blinded. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2018, 03:06:13 PM »
I know we hashed...and re-hashed...this point when the deal was inked, but I disagree with your assessment of the conditions surrounding the contract.

Caveat: I know nothing...these are just my thoughts.

I don't think it was UGA/Bama post-coital euphoria.  I think the PTB realize that staff stability is a key factor in long-term success.  I also think they looked around at the open jobs and quality candidates available, did some quick cyphering, and realized that there weren't enough of the latter for the former and didn't want to be overpaying for a relative unknown quantity.

The terms of the contract are not commensurate, in my opinion, with the coach's inherent worth.  That said, the overall cost of a total rebuild with a shot-in-the-dark candidate might have been more than the admin was willing spend.  I think this is our ride-the-storm-out deal with Malzahn.  We're hunkered down, knowing what we'll get, until Saban moves on.

It’s def a chance you take. Georgia hit gold with it and ridded of their “safe stability”. Tenn and others have crashed hard trying.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 03:12:38 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2018, 05:53:54 PM »
Two things.

1. Read the creed, you stupid motherfuckers.

And, 2. I will stab token through his fat neck with a steak knife. Seriously.

Do you remember what Steve Martin used to look like as a wild and crazy guy? With the arrow through his head? 

Well, that’ll be Token’s fat ass, except with a steak knife instead of an arrow. And through his neck instead of his head.

I don’t care if he is head of his TOA. He has no class.

But he does have a big ass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2018, 06:10:10 PM »
Two things.

1. Read the creed, you stupid motherfuckers.

And, 2. I will stab token through his fat neck with a steak knife. Seriously.

Do you remember what Steve Martin used to look like as a wild and crazy guy? With the arrow through his head?

Well, that’ll be Token’s fat ass, except with a steak knife instead of an arrow. And through his neck instead of his head.

I don’t care if he is head of his TOA. He has no class.

But he does have a big ass.

Seriously, WT, fuck off with this shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2018, 06:40:03 PM »

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2018, 08:28:40 PM »

I thought Mildred was your cousin. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2018, 08:30:06 PM »
We've been saying this for years because our offense looks like the guy on the insurance commercial holding the dollar on the end of a pole.
Just when you think we got it figured out, it gets snatched away. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

jmar

« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2018, 11:03:29 PM »
We've been saying this for years because our offense looks like the guy on the insurance commercial holding the dollar on the end of a pole.
Just when you think we got it figured out, it gets snatched away.
I sense that Leath listened to those with the money and simply carried out their wishes knowing the money was there each year regardless of how we finish.
Harbaugh hasn't delivered at Michigan but some people will inevitably cling to the perception that you have to pay big-time to get big-time results.

Malzahn delivers high ranking recruiting classes,  (with flaws) beats Alabama once in every four or five tries, (with Saban still around) has been to the ship twice (once as coordinator)
and we have nobody poking around looking for malfeasance.
That might be enough for them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2018, 10:21:22 AM »
Oui
I believe the term is menage a trois
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 10:24:17 AM by Buzz Killington »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2018, 10:51:17 AM »
I believe the term is menage a trois
You're not going to do it? What do you mean, You're not going to do it?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2018, 03:01:08 PM »
You're not going to do it? What do you mean, You're not going to do it?
I can't.  I'm not an orgy guy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2018, 09:40:23 AM »
Oh I get that, but my contention is that the 4th straight losses to both UGA and Bama would have meant all of that was a moot point.  There are zero contract discussions from that point forward except the question of how do you want the buyout check made payable?

I said last year to reward the man for those wins.  And yes, they were huge wins. Extend him a year.  Stroke him a big bonus.  But a 7 year/$7 million deal with the present buyout is unacceptable by any standards where Malzahn is concerned.  Especially when he had long since proven that what we're getting right now is who he is.  That's not going to change.  In no way, shape or form should they have done what they did, current climate or not.
Jay Jacobs last fuck you to Auburn. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

jmar

« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2018, 03:52:03 PM »
Seems I recall when disgruntled fans used to follow a shitty head coach and his wife around with a bullhorn 24/7 until they both needed nervous medicine. I'm pretty old but that actually happened right?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2018, 01:05:28 AM »
Seems I recall when disgruntled fans used to follow a shitty head coach and his wife around with a bullhorn 24/7 until they both needed nervous medicine. I'm pretty old but that actually happened right?
Bama fans didn't wait for them to be hired.  They badgered Rich Rodriguez out of town on the Finebaum show before he ever even worked a day.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.