Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Trump/Pootin Summit

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Trump/Pootin Summit
« on: July 16, 2018, 03:15:30 PM »
Following their joint press conference, Trump is getting hammered on both sides of the aisle for basically placing equal blame for interfering with the election and not siding with our own intelligence community.  Not a wise move IMO when indictments were just handed down against 12 Russians for exactly that.  Part of me gets where he's coming from due to the fact that he's been the focus of an investigation since he took office.  An investigation that has unearthed exactly nada on him.  And you may have to pardon him if he's just a bit jaded as to our own intelligence community when they were planting people in his campaign and texts from FBI agents clearly state they want to get rid of him. 

However, I was kind of stunned by what he said.  Even if behind closed doors he said, "Hey Vlad, I'm gonna' have to throw some shade your way at the presser.", and then took a few generic shots, I think people would have seen him come off as taking more of a hard line stance with Putin. As it is, I think he gave Putin's credibility a big shot in the arm and he looked soft in doing it.  Not sure what his "strategy" is here, or if there even is one.

What say you?    
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Trump/Pootin Summit
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2018, 03:21:04 PM »
It's about there being people in this country that are probably a bigger threat than him. People in our own capital dome. Trump is fed up with it. That's what you saw. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2018, 03:41:15 PM »
It’s about not pissing in the face of an adversary. 

It’s about that stupid witch hunt not having any validity. 

It’s about us doing exactly the same thing and maybe not wanting our agents charged by the Russian government.

It’s about truly negotiating with the opposition instead of fraudulent posturing and empty words. 

It’s about keeping your enemies closer. 

I mean really, what does he (or we) gain by him standing on a stage going “that guy’s a liar.”  He just left a meeting with one of our biggest adversaries. This isn’t a boxing press conference.  He’s not Apollo threatening Drago.  

I’m good with it. I almost — almost — bought into the hysteria. Then I remembered how feckless our entire political leadership has been for decades. And I resolved to trust. He knows what he’s doing. 
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 04:28:00 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2018, 04:35:08 PM »
If he dies, he dies.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2018, 05:23:11 PM »
If he dies, he dies.
Everything dies, baby. That's a fact.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2018, 10:50:06 PM »
Everything dies, baby. That's a fact.

- 7 for failing to execute the format.  Acceptable followups include "I must break you" and "you've seen him, you know how strong he is.  You can't win!" 

- 18 for interjecting a Bruce 'Commie' Springsteen quote.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2018, 11:37:02 AM »
Here's a different twist on it.  There's a Wall Street Journal piece either by, or quoting former Attorney General, Donald Mukasey.  Yeah, I saw reference to it on Fox News so it's going to have a heavy lean towards The Donald.  But, his take makes perfect sense.  I preface this by saying, as I've said many times before, that whatever the Russians did or didn't do, there was absolutely no way anything could have had an affect on the election.  These were the two most polarizing candidates I've ever seen and nothing was going to sway someone to vote one way or another.

But, the assertion by Mukasey is that the Russians thought, as did everyone else if they listened to our media, that Clinton would win going away.  The hack of her server was to get dirt on her, something I imagine wouldn't be hard to do, and have something hanging over her head from the time she was elected.  It wasn't to influence anything involving the election.  It was to have leverage against the U.S. once she took office. I'm not saying that's in any way acceptable, just that it makes a hell of a lot more sense than the theory that the Russians were somehow trying to get people to vote for Trump.

BTW, simple question that I think we all know the answer to already.  Reverse the roles.  Hillary won the election.  Let's say that Mother Russia hacked The Donald's server.  Infiltrated his campaign. Is this even a story?  Would it have been discussed more than a week after the election? Would there be any special counsel investigating Clinton?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Token

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2018, 01:37:06 PM »
Business is business but political business is a mother fucker.  If we have to deal with enemies politically, I want a man doing it who is a huge fucking bully and a very successful business man. Because a very successful business who is an absolute cut throat doesn’t get fucked, ever, even if it appears he might. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2018, 01:45:29 PM »
Let's say that Mother Russia hacked The Donald's server.  Infiltrated his campaign. Is this even a story?  Would it have been discussed more than a week after the election? Would there be any special counsel investigating Clinton?
Probably not but we probably would have had some Stormy Daniels butt secks pictures.  Course a simple google search can get you that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2018, 02:12:42 PM »
Probably not but we probably would have had some Stormy Daniels butt secks pictures.  Course a simple google search can get you that.
Mmmm....butt secks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2018, 02:49:15 PM »
Mmmm....butt secks.

deplorables.  

it was definitely cringe worthy comments from Trump.  

damned if you do.  damned if you don't.

the reality Trump's not far from the truth and it wouldn't surprise me if this wasn't deliberate...a few stones thrown in the swamp.

#maga
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2018, 03:05:44 PM »
it was definitely cringe worthy comments from Trump. 
But were they?  

He's standing on the stage with Putin.  Right there next to him. He's had to go in there and meet with the guy after that Rothstein chode released indictments on 12 people over which he has absolutely zero legal authority (that was merely a political play).  

Some Jim Acosta wannabe bellows out something about this nonsense "investigation."  What's he supposed to say?  

Let me break it out for you: 
"I had some serious talks with Putin about Russia's meddling in US elections!"  -- the media, the left and the never Trump republican cabal all stain their underwear and bellow "it wasn't enough!  You should have jello wrestled him, you treasonous toad!!"  

"I rebuked him, he denied doing it.  I don't believe a word he says."  -- the media, the left and the never Trump republican cabal all stain their underwear and bellow "why are you purposely antagonizing our enemy? You're driving us closer to war!  Treason! Impeach!"  

Shrieking about an investigation that means absolutely nothing to Putin and putting Trump on the damned if you do spot (nothing he said in response to that was going to satisfy the howling monkeys) left him nowhere to stand.  He couldn't call the guy a liar to his face.  Asking that question was no different than the "when did you stop beating your wife" type of gotcha.  

I'm sure Putin told him he didn't do it. Hell, maybe he told him he did and he was gonna do it again. The fact is they've been doing it since the beginning of time.  Didn't any of you watch that Bumperlink Dimplersnatch movie about WWII?  Enemies hack communications and send misleading messages.  It's what they do.   The difference between a hero and a villain is what side of the ocean you stand on.  

We've got to live in this world.  It's a whole lot better when you treat your enemies with respect and find mutual ground than it is when you stand around in stuffed suits making empty threats and false promises.  

I'm sick of the attack media looking for any excuse to demonize a man who's doing absolutely nothing more than putting America first globally and working to build a sustainable peace with the biggest threats to our freedom.  

We are overrun with morons.  None of them are named Trump.  

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2018, 03:35:06 PM »
Trump is currently back tracking on his comments saying he meant to say "Why WOULDN'T they meddle in the election" as opposed to, "Why would they meddle..."

Look, not that it matters in the long run.  This is just the latest topic to throw their faux rage at.  They'll move on to him clubbing baby seals within the week.  However, I still think he looked and sounded awkward and unprepared at a point when his critics were the most poised to spring into action.  He knew damn well he was going to get asked about Russian hacking, especially coming right on the heels of the well-timed indictments.  The correct response was anything but "We're both to blame and I whipped Hillary's ass by 1,000 Electoral votes.  Where is her server?" That's not the time to wing it and handle the question like you're twatting back at Rosie O'Donnell.

He knew he was going to meet with Putin.  He knew that Russian interference was the #1 issue on everyone's mind.  He also knew he'd be asked about it in an awkward setting with his counterpart standing at his side.  Just follow your adviser's recommendations for once and issue a prepared statement.  "I told Vlad very bigly that we will not tolerate Russian interference".  Still yet, he'd take shit no matter what he said.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2018, 04:02:45 PM »
Trump is currently back tracking on his comments saying he meant to say "Why WOULDN'T they meddle in the election" as opposed to, "Why would they meddle..."

Look, not that it matters in the long run.  This is just the latest topic to throw their faux rage at.  They'll move on to him clubbing baby seals within the week.  However, I still think he looked and sounded awkward and unprepared at a point when his critics were the most poised to spring into action.  He knew damn well he was going to get asked about Russian hacking, especially coming right on the heels of the well-timed indictments.  The correct response was anything but "We're both to blame and I whipped Hillary's ass by 1,000 Electoral votes.  Where is her server?" That's not the time to wing it and handle the question like you're twatting back at Rosie O'Donnell.

He knew he was going to meet with Putin.  He knew that Russian interference was the #1 issue on everyone's mind.  He also knew he'd be asked about it in an awkward setting with his counterpart standing at his side.  Just follow your adviser's recommendations for once and issue a prepared statement.  "I told Vlad very bigly that we will not tolerate Russian interference".  Still yet, he'd take shit no matter what he said.
He's not at his best when he riffs off the top of his head. 

I really don't think he actually expected that conference to be about nothing but Russian meddling.  

And honestly?  I don't much care that they tried.  I expect them to try.  I'd be disappointed if they didn't.  I find it utterly hilarious that they snaked into Hillary, Podesta and the whole democrat machine and uncovered absolute and incontrovertible evidence of election meddling on our own soil by Hillary, Donna Whateverhernamewas, Huma Adabesi (whatever) -- but none of the howler monkeys in the media gives one fart in a tornado about THAT.  We aren't having special counsels convened to review the election rigging that took place there.  

i get the man's frustration.  I get his directness.  What he said was the truth.  Who cares?  Why are you asking me about that when there's actual, credible, actionable evidence against Hillary for election tampering, for racketeering, for collusion, for accepting bribes?  Why are you humiliating this country by attacking me in front of one of maybe two or three people in the world with the power and possible inclination to wage a war (actual or virtual) that could truly threaten us?  

I really wish he'd take questions like that and go "eat a turd"  Next?  Russian meddling?  "Your momma."  Next?  Did Putin order the code red? "stick a fish in it and spin."  Next?  Did we discuss the annexation of Crimea?  Yes, we did.  We have a difference of opinion there.  I'd like to see us work toward something we can all agree on and President Putin is open to further discussions on this topic.  He might like an opportunity to respond from his perspective.  Mr. Putin?  Da.  Voporos?  (translator) Did you interfere in the US election?  "Sosat' Kozu"  Sleduyuschiy?

You want a list of treasonous people?  Let's start with McCain, work through to Schumer, get to Acosta, grab a handful of Rosie, Meyers, Colbert, Kimmel, Mahr, and most of the state of california.  

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2018, 04:04:00 PM »
Here's a different twist on it.  There's a Wall Street Journal piece either by, or quoting former Attorney General, Donald Mukasey.  Yeah, I saw reference to it on Fox News so it's going to have a heavy lean towards The Donald.  But, his take makes perfect sense.  I preface this by saying, as I've said many times before, that whatever the Russians did or didn't do, there was absolutely no way anything could have had an affect on the election.  These were the two most polarizing candidates I've ever seen and nothing was going to sway someone to vote one way or another.

But, the assertion by Mukasey is that the Russians thought, as did everyone else if they listened to our media, that Clinton would win going away.  The hack of her server was to get dirt on her, something I imagine wouldn't be hard to do, and have something hanging over her head from the time she was elected.  It wasn't to influence anything involving the election.  It was to have leverage against the U.S. once she took office. I'm not saying that's in any way acceptable, just that it makes a hell of a lot more sense than the theory that the Russians were somehow trying to get people to vote for Trump.

BTW, simple question that I think we all know the answer to already.  Reverse the roles.  Hillary won the election.  Let's say that Mother Russia hacked The Donald's server.  Infiltrated his campaign. Is this even a story?  Would it have been discussed more than a week after the election? Would there be any special counsel investigating Clinton?

Its exactly why they hacked her server. They wanted dirt on her when she got elected. Putin is always thinking ahead for leverage. It's also why the more they dig into the Donald the more light they uncover on the roaches who were working against him. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2018, 04:41:24 PM »
Funny how many of you were adamantly against the Donald.

And now you would fight for him.

That is what the left has created. Is he the most polished president? No. (unless you count all of the playmates that polished him. According to the left)

Do we wish he would tone down the rhetoric sometimes? Sure.

But if you have been paying attention, every time the left shrieks about him, he is usually correct. Only the retraction always comes on pager 46, unless he tweets it.

The media and the left has galvanized a large portion of America to back Trump. I pray he keeps playing chess against their checkers!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2018, 06:20:16 PM »

Look, not that it matters in the long run.  This is just the latest topic to throw their faux rage at.  They'll move on to him clubbing baby seals within the week.  However, I still think he looked and sounded awkward and unprepared at a point when his critics were the most poised to spring into action.  He knew damn well he was going to get asked about Russian hacking, especially coming right on the heels of the well-timed indictments.  The correct response was anything but "We're both to blame and I whipped Hillary's ass by 1,000 Electoral votes.  Where is her server?" That's not the time to wing it and handle the question like you're twatting back at Rosie O'Donnell.

Oh look how strong he is...he back tracked within 24 hours, with the whole "I realize I said this word, but I really meant the opposite word."

As for Kaos' "we're overrun with morons, none of them are named Trump."  Trump scribbled a phrase on his typed out notes that said "THERE WAS NO COLUSION." The stable genius doesn't know how to spell collusion...what a fuckin moron.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2018, 06:38:45 PM »
Oh look how strong he is...he back tracked within 24 hours, with the whole "I realize I said this word, but I really meant the opposite word."

As for Kaos' "we're overrun with morons, none of them are named Trump."  Trump scribbled a phrase on his typed out notes that said "THERE WAS NO COLUSION." The stable genius doesn't know how to spell collusion...what a fuckin moron.
In 10,000 attempts you’ve yet to generate a single post that passes grammar or spelling muster. 

Eat a turd.  Next?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2018, 07:58:11 PM »
In 10,000 attempts you’ve yet to generate a single post that passes grammar or spelling muster. 

Eat a turd.  Next?
Hmmm, did I misspell a word on the last post? Nope.

You're fuckin pathetic. Next?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2018, 10:06:47 PM »
If he were guilty of collusion he might be able to spell it. Just saying.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions