Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Neko Case

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Neko Case
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2018, 05:23:22 PM »
I have to disagree...bigly....here.  There is a metric fuckton of great new music being made these days.  It takes some effort to find and even more to sift through, so if you're looking on terrestrial radio or any "music" television channel you're not going to find anything worth a shit.
I'm actually inclined to agree to an extent. I've found some. But not much on normal radio. Even then it's far and few compared to the 60s where creativity was so good. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2018, 05:25:26 PM »
I'm actually inclined to agree to an extent. I've found some. But not much on normal radio. Even then it's far and few compared to the 60s where creativity was so good.
The difference is, of course, that the music industry itself changed.  The talent or number of artists isn't any greater or worse than at any other time (other than those technique driven virtuosos) in musical history.  The aperture through which we can view the available products has narrowed in one sense while exploding entirely in another.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

GH2001

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2018, 05:29:25 PM »
The difference is, of course, that the music industry itself changed.  The talent or number of artists isn't any greater or worse than at any other time (other than those technique driven virtuosos) in musical history.  The aperture through which we can view the available products has narrowed in one sense while exploding entirely in another.
Sales mista mcgill, sales.
Or it being the main driver anyway. 
That's what changed it. It ruined Elvis. It ruined michael. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2018, 05:32:11 PM »
Yup, the music is out there, but not like it was back in the 60s-70s.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

wesfau2

« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2018, 05:34:52 PM »
Sales mista mcgill, sales.
Or it being the main driver anyway.
That's what changed it. It ruined Elvis. It ruined michael.
Right...the shift from artist growth over a period of albums to emphasis on the #1 single or GTFO!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2018, 05:55:14 PM »
I have to disagree...bigly....here.  There is a metric fuckton of great new music being made these days.  It takes some effort to find and even more to sift through, so if you're looking on terrestrial radio or any "music" television channel you're not going to find anything worth a shit.
He's clearly never listened to Shinyribs
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2018, 07:18:20 PM »
I haven’t listened to FM in years.  Well, except for the occasional foray into the Nikki Sixx show.  Haven’t watched MTV or Vh1 since probably Yo MTV Raps or Remote Control days.

I will confess to one recent exception.  I ran across a Jeff Lynn/ELO concert on AXS (I think) and I recorded that.  That whole thing start to finish was fascinatingly brilliant.  I truly think that kind of talent doesn't exist any more.  Or if it does, it's completely obscured by the banal pop-friendly worthlessness of garbage like Taylor Swift, Cardi B, Drake, and so on.  Why that "sells" I do not know.  Just like climate change we go through cycles.  There was a time when brilliance like Beethoven, Bach, and those other composers were all out there. Then there was a lot of time where nothing much was generated. Maybe that's where we are now.  

What I listen to: Sirius.  I start at 1 and click my way through a station at a time looking for something that interests me.  Sometimes I get stuck in the 70s.  Or boneyard. Or motown.  Or Met.  Sometimes I get all the way through to the comedy or news channels and start over.

I just rarely hear anything “new” that isn’t either a pale imitation of something that came before or is just structurally deficient.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 10:25:43 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2018, 10:19:23 PM »
I haven’t listened to FM in years.  Well, except for the occasional foray into the Nikki Sixx show.  Haven’t watched MTV or Vh1 since probably Yo MTV Raps or Remote Control days.

Sirius.  I start at 1 and click my way through a station at a time looking for something that interests me.  Sometimes I get stuck in the 70s.  Or boneyard. Or motown.  Or Met.  

But I just rarely hear anything “new” that isn’t either a pale imitation of something that came before or just strutctualy deficient.
Damn. Thought I was the only one who did that. I find myself stopping on the bridge, lithium and soultown a lot. Crazy variety right?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2018, 08:26:51 AM »

I will confess to one recent exception.  I ran across a Jeff Lynn/ELO concert on AXS (I think) and I recorded that.  That whole thing start to finish was fascinatingly brilliant.  I truly think that kind of talent doesn't exist any more.  Or if it does, it's completely obscured by the banal pop-friendly worthlessness of garbage like Taylor Swift, Cardi B, Drake, and so on.  Why that "sells" I do not know.  Just like climate change we go through cycles.  There was a time when brilliance like Beethoven, Bach, and those other composers were all out there. Then there was a lot of time where nothing much was generated. Maybe that's where we are now.  

What I listen to: Sirius.  I start at 1 and click my way through a station at a time looking for something that interests me.  Sometimes I get stuck in the 70s.  Or boneyard. Or motown.  Or Met.  Sometimes I get all the way through to the comedy or news channels and start over.

I just rarely hear anything “new” that isn’t either a pale imitation of something that came before or is just structurally deficient.
You're going to have to put in more work.  Satellite radio, for all its promise, generally relies on an oddly abbreviated playlist regardless of station.  Lithium, for example, has literally tens of thousands of songs that fit their demo...and still they play the same 45 songs over and over.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2018, 09:49:17 AM »
You're going to have to put in more work.  Satellite radio, for all its promise, generally relies on an oddly abbreviated playlist regardless of station.  Lithium, for example, has literally tens of thousands of songs that fit their demo...and still they play the same 45 songs over and over.
I love Sirius, but this is troof.

I have an Apple Music Subscription and find myself constantly going through new artists, by clicking on what's new and hitting play.  What the fuck is FM?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2018, 10:03:06 AM »
  What the fuck is FM?
No static at all. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2018, 10:11:39 AM »
Where can I find an eight track radio for my old Buick?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

GH2001

« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2018, 11:02:20 AM »
Where can I find an eight track radio for my old Buick?
To the right of the steering wheel. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2018, 11:25:15 AM »
That one is broken. Smarty pants.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2018, 01:31:30 PM »
:rimshot:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."