Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

A Kaos Moment

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
A Kaos Moment
« on: April 28, 2018, 12:16:05 PM »
So night before last, my phone goes full retard.  Didn't do a thing to it other than pick it up to set my alarm before I hit the sack.  Boom, back to factory settings.  Everything gone.  Not synced up to the office email.  Contacts went poof, pics for the last 4 years (Even the nekkid ones) everything gone.  Getting my contacts and email back will be no problem.  Hate that I lost all my pics, especially those of WT in those handcuffs.  Wait...what?

And no, my dumbass didn't back anything up to some stinking cloud.  It's just gone.  So I go in Verizon prepared to upgrade, which was long overdue anyway.  I tell people I have a Samsung S5 and they laugh as if I have a flip phone with an antenna.  They verify that all my shit is gone and show me the latest S9 with all the bells and whistles.  Okay cool, I'll take it.  Pick out a protective cover.  Decline all the promotional stuff they try to sell me.

The girl is typing away and talking to herself.  BTW, the phone is mine but we pay for the bill through our business.  The girl mumbles something about verifying credit and I say:

Oh, don't worry about that.  I'm going to pay for it all today.

You're going to pay it all today?  Well, I have to tell you that will void the warranty you get.

You mean if I pay for this phone, I get no warranty? 

That's right.

Well, that doesn't sound right.  How much is a warranty?

We don't sell warranties.  You'll have to go through someone else.

Like who?

I'm not sure.

So, if I buy this phone today, take it home and it never comes on, it's just my worthless, little $800.00 device?

Yeah.

Well, that sucks but I've got to do something.  I'll take my chances.  Go ahead and write it up.  I'll pay for it today.

Verizon won't let you pay for it all today.

What do you mean?

They won't let us sell them retail.  You have to put it on payments.

What?  You're telling me I can't pay you for this phone today.  You won't sell it unless I set up payments.  (The other two girls in the store come over)  Can any of you explain why?

One girl shrugs her shoulders.  The other says, I guess Verizon doesn't make any money selling them retail.

But you just said if I pay for it all, it will void my warranty.

That's right.

Well, I want to pay for it and take my chances.

They won't let us.

So, I can pay for it all and get the phone without a warranty, but I can't pay for the phone?

That's right. 

Did I just walk into some alternate universe?

Shrugs and impish grins all around.  Snags picks up his wack ass S5 and walks out. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: A Kaos Moment
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2018, 01:55:54 PM »
You got to leave Verizon.  They are idiots and just make up charges.  

I nearly got in a fight at the theater last night.   Long story, just realized it's not worth repeating. 
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 02:56:50 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2018, 09:03:08 AM »
Oh boy...can't wait until October, when I am due for my next upgrade.  We have been buying the phones right out at the beginning of a new contract term for 6 years now.  Maybe by then I can switch over to Sprin-T-Mobile.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2018, 09:11:31 AM »
Oh boy...can't wait until October, when I am due for my next upgrade.  We have been buying the phones right out at the beginning of a new contract term for 6 years now.  Maybe by then I can switch over to Sprin-T-Mobile.
I'm wondering at this point if one of those no-contract Wal Mart deals might not be the better option. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2018, 09:24:00 AM »
I'm wondering at this point if one of those no-contract Wal Mart deals might not be the better option.
Boost Mobile ftw
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

chinook

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2018, 11:29:09 AM »
not to be an ass...sounds more like consumer dumbassery to me.  

i've been a verizon customer for nearly 15 years.  never. once. had. an. issue.   no made up charges.  nothing.   i will say of the utilities i deal with both Dish Network and Verizon have been nearly flawless.  

verizon offers the best coverage in my local area as well as the extended range from the coast to the mountains...everyone else teh suxxor.  primarly why i have been a customer for so long.

did you go to a Verizon Authorized Dealer or did you go to a company owned store?  there isn't a lot of difference but i have found better experiences at a company owned store.  

if you are paying for a phone upfront better off going through Best Buy or direct from manufacture.    and you should have bought an iPhone.  

sounds like you meant to be asking for insurance not a warranty.  
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 11:30:50 AM by chinook »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2018, 02:19:31 PM »
not to be an ass...sounds more like consumer dumbassery to me.  

i've been a verizon customer for nearly 15 years.  never. once. had. an. issue.   no made up charges.  nothing.   i will say of the utilities i deal with both Dish Network and Verizon have been nearly flawless.  

verizon offers the best coverage in my local area as well as the extended range from the coast to the mountains...everyone else teh suxxor.  primarly why i have been a customer for so long.

did you go to a Verizon Authorized Dealer or did you go to a company owned store?  there isn't a lot of difference but i have found better experiences at a company owned store.  

if you are paying for a phone upfront better off going through Best Buy or direct from manufacture.    and you should have bought an iPhone.  

sounds like you meant to be asking for insurance not a warranty.  
I've never been with anyone except Verizon.  Never a complaint on the coverage, service etc.  And I'm sure I'll continue on with them because I'm finding out from talking to others that a lot of other providers do the same thing.  No, I was specifically asking about a warranty on the phone.  When she told me about the warranty or lack thereof, I asked if I had insurance.  She said I did so I told her if the phone screws up, well it just got stolt!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2018, 05:07:28 PM »
I've never been with anyone except Verizon.  Never a complaint on the coverage, service etc.  And I'm sure I'll continue on with them because I'm finding out from talking to others that a lot of other providers do the same thing.  No, I was specifically asking about a warranty on the phone.  When she told me about the warranty or lack thereof, I asked if I had insurance.  She said I did so I told her if the phone screws up, well it just got stolt!
This is insurance fraud. So, go ahead.
Citizens arrest! Citizens arrest!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2018, 09:37:24 PM »
This is insurance fraud. So, go ahead.
Citizens arrest! Citizens arrest!
Hasn't happened yet.  Bwaaahahahahaha......
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2018, 09:41:28 PM »
I've never been with anyone except Verizon.  Never a complaint on the coverage, service etc.  And I'm sure I'll continue on with them because I'm finding out from talking to others that a lot of other providers do the same thing.  No, I was specifically asking about a warranty on the phone.  When she told me about the warranty or lack thereof, I asked if I had insurance.  She said I did so I told her if the phone screws up, well it just got stolt!
here's what you do.  When you have an issue keep demanding to talk to a supervisor until you get someone over the age of 21 who lives in the northern hemisphere at least.  
When you get that person, ask their name and where they live. Then promise to subscribe to the local newspaper until you see their obituary so you can commit suicide on the same day so that you follow them into hell where you will spend eternity kicking them in the ass.  
You'll be surprised how quickly you'll get your issues resolved. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2018, 09:39:59 AM »
here's what you do.  When you have an issue keep demanding to talk to a supervisor until you get someone over the age of 21 who lives in the northern hemisphere at least.  
When you get that person, ask their name and where they live. Then promise to subscribe to the local newspaper until you see their obituary so you can commit suicide on the same day so that you follow them into hell where you will spend eternity kicking them in the ass.  
You'll be surprised how quickly you'll get your issues resolved.
I get that you would be attempting to come off as crazy to the supervisor.
You don’t even have to try. No offense.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bgreene

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2018, 10:27:06 AM »
I use straight talk.  I bought my kids iPhones for Christmas through straight talk and made pay their own monthly bill.  Well, after a few months of teaching them that it sucks having to pay for your own crap, I decided to swap them to xfinity mobile.  Keep in mind that these phones are less than six months old and I bought them outright.  Drive to Huntsville, which is the only store in our area, so they can check the phones and make sure that we can "bring your own phone".  They say "great, you can use these".  Then they tell me to call straight talk and have them unlock the phones.  Straight talk tells me that they won't unlock the phones unless they have been used with straight talk for a consecutive year.  So I have to end up buying them new phones from xfinity.  The monthly bill for all three phones is only $56 dollars a month and they get unlimited talk and text. I set them up on pay by the gig for $12 per gig. Since there is wifi everywhere we go, they use less than a gig a month, still cheaper than anywhere else.  You can also go on and use their unlimited everything for $45 a month.  Xfinity uses Verizon towers, so it seems to be pretty good for the kids.  Had I not just paid $500 for a year of service with straight talk the week before, I would have gone with the xfinity $45 set up. 
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 10:28:39 AM by bgreene »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2018, 01:08:42 PM »
I just want my Motorola flip phone back these days. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2018, 02:32:43 PM »
Bought the S9 at teh Best Buys last night.  Will head to Verizon and add it on this evening. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2018, 02:41:54 PM »
I am consider get new phone. But I like the idea of being able to beat the shit out of someone with my phone.

Just in case.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2018, 02:45:49 PM »
I am consider get new phone. But I like the idea of being able to beat the shit out of someone with my phone.

Just in case.
The Jerry Seinfeld special.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2018, 08:23:27 PM »
The Jerry Seinfeld special.
Or Zack Morris. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2018, 04:45:21 PM »
Just now activating a Walmart purchased Straight Talk account- Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna Pro.
The entire cost tax included with the unlimited plan mobile card was $127.15.

Had to finally retire my slow assed but super durable Moto-G through Verizon for some speed.
Verizon worked well for me but it too was a no-contract set-up.

My problem with the paid accounts is being a loyal customer only to find out new customers are getting far more for their money through special offers to sign up...like cable companies do.
Fuck that!

I take care of the monthly payments (by recording) same as before.

*Had T-Mobile for several years prior and would reach a Filipino woman on more than one occasion that would thank me profusely and then ultimately tell me she had to ask her supervisor when I varied from her prepared cheat sheet.

And seriously, I would hear a chair rake across the floor and wood clomping as in Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Don't know if she truly left her seat but it was flat out comical.  
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 04:49:34 PM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2018, 08:37:50 AM »
So night before last, my phone goes full retard.  Didn't do a thing to it other than pick it up to set my alarm before I hit the sack.  Boom, back to factory settings.  Everything gone.  Not synced up to the office email.  Contacts went poof, pics for the last 4 years (Even the nekkid ones) everything gone.  Getting my contacts and email back will be no problem.  Hate that I lost all my pics, especially those of WT in those handcuffs.  Wait...what?

And no, my dumbass didn't back anything up to some stinking cloud.  It's just gone.  So I go in Verizon prepared to upgrade, which was long overdue anyway.  I tell people I have a Samsung S5 and they laugh as if I have a flip phone with an antenna.  They verify that all my shit is gone and show me the latest S9 with all the bells and whistles.  Okay cool, I'll take it.  Pick out a protective cover.  Decline all the promotional stuff they try to sell me.

The girl is typing away and talking to herself.  BTW, the phone is mine but we pay for the bill through our business.  The girl mumbles something about verifying credit and I say:

Oh, don't worry about that.  I'm going to pay for it all today.

You're going to pay it all today?  Well, I have to tell you that will void the warranty you get.

You mean if I pay for this phone, I get no warranty?

That's right.

Well, that doesn't sound right.  How much is a warranty?

We don't sell warranties.  You'll have to go through someone else.

Like who?

I'm not sure.

So, if I buy this phone today, take it home and it never comes on, it's just my worthless, little $800.00 device?

Yeah.

Well, that sucks but I've got to do something.  I'll take my chances.  Go ahead and write it up.  I'll pay for it today.

Verizon won't let you pay for it all today.

What do you mean?

They won't let us sell them retail.  You have to put it on payments.

What?  You're telling me I can't pay you for this phone today.  You won't sell it unless I set up payments.  (The other two girls in the store come over)  Can any of you explain why?

One girl shrugs her shoulders.  The other says, I guess Verizon doesn't make any money selling them retail.

But you just said if I pay for it all, it will void my warranty.

That's right.

Well, I want to pay for it and take my chances.

They won't let us.

So, I can pay for it all and get the phone without a warranty, but I can't pay for the phone?

That's right.

Did I just walk into some alternate universe?

Shrugs and impish grins all around.  Snags picks up his wack ass S5 and walks out.
Hi...I'm Earth have we met?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2018, 08:39:29 AM »
I use straight talk.  I bought my kids iPhones for Christmas through straight talk and made pay their own monthly bill.  Well, after a few months of teaching them that it sucks having to pay for your own crap, I decided to swap them to xfinity mobile.  Keep in mind that these phones are less than six months old and I bought them outright.  Drive to Huntsville, which is the only store in our area, so they can check the phones and make sure that we can "bring your own phone".  They say "great, you can use these".  Then they tell me to call straight talk and have them unlock the phones.  Straight talk tells me that they won't unlock the phones unless they have been used with straight talk for a consecutive year.  So I have to end up buying them new phones from xfinity.  The monthly bill for all three phones is only $56 dollars a month and they get unlimited talk and text. I set them up on pay by the gig for $12 per gig. Since there is wifi everywhere we go, they use less than a gig a month, still cheaper than anywhere else.  You can also go on and use their unlimited everything for $45 a month.  Xfinity uses Verizon towers, so it seems to be pretty good for the kids.  Had I not just paid $500 for a year of service with straight talk the week before, I would have gone with the xfinity $45 set up.
Sell the phones on teh ebays
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum