Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Tiger Woods swung a golf club!!!

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Tiger Woods swung a golf club!!!
« Reply #120 on: August 07, 2018, 09:01:17 AM »
I believe the wind pick up and she decided to go with a 6 iron.
She's got about 450 yards.  She's got a 4 iron.  Oh!  She really got aholda that one!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #121 on: August 07, 2018, 09:32:36 AM »
She's got about 450 yards.  She's got a 4 iron.  Oh!  She really got aholda that one!
About to be the former Mrs. Tiger Woods, It looks like a mirac...it's in the hole! It's in the hole!" 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #122 on: August 10, 2018, 08:40:48 AM »
Still going.  SC coverage of the PGA today led off with replays of multiple shots by Kitten Woods and then a brief note that other players performed better.  

Woods is tied for 48th.  

I think I'm also going to have to challenge the contention that Woods is bumping interest in the game.  Ratings for the Masters were essentially flat this year.   
https://www.statista.com/statistics/316581/tv-ratings-masters-golf-cbs-usa/

There was no huge surge in veiwership because Meerkat Woods was playing.  I've seen other articles claiming he's boosted ratings by 200%!!! but the numbers don't really seem to bear it out.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #123 on: August 10, 2018, 10:59:26 AM »
I think I'm also going to have to challenge the contention that Woods is bumping interest in the game.  Ratings for the Masters were essentially flat this year. 
https://www.statista.com/statistics/316581/tv-ratings-masters-golf-cbs-usa/

There was no huge surge in veiwership because Meerkat Woods was playing.  I've seen other articles claiming he's boosted ratings by 200%!!! but the numbers don't really seem to bear it out. 
Devils advocate: could it be said that there was no viewership spike because Woods was not in contention at the Masters?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #124 on: August 10, 2018, 11:28:15 AM »
Devils advocate: could it be said that there was no viewership spike because Woods was not in contention at the Masters?
Get thee behind me, Satan.  He wasn't in contention last week and his shitty golf was the lead story on every telecast. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #125 on: August 10, 2018, 11:48:39 AM »
Tiger is a heavy favorite to be on the Ryder Cup team. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #126 on: August 10, 2018, 11:56:21 AM »
Who is Tiger parking the porpoise in these days? Pics?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #127 on: August 10, 2018, 01:15:49 PM »
Devils advocate: could it be said that there was no viewership spike because Woods was not in contention at the Masters?
Dunno.  Got a shot by shot round by round update of his score as it was happening.   

But maybe. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #128 on: August 10, 2018, 01:25:07 PM »
Who is Tiger parking the porpoise in these days? Pics?
Some chick name Erika Herman
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #129 on: August 10, 2018, 01:41:08 PM »
Some chick name Erika Herman
It's like I don't even know you anymore.

Last time I saw a mouth like that it had a hook in it.  Woof.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #130 on: August 10, 2018, 02:00:54 PM »
It's like I don't even know you anymore.

Last time I saw a mouth like that it had a hook in it.  Woof.
I did not know CarrotTop's father liked golf.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #131 on: August 12, 2018, 07:28:12 PM »
So in the last Major, Brooks Koepka takes another win with an amazing round to finish 16 under.  The story though, was Tiger shooting a 64 and keeping the pressure up until the very end, along with Adam Scott.

The announcers even said what a shame it is that another Major for Koepka will be overshadowed by Woods' being in contention.  I don't blame Tiger.  He's just doing his thing.  He says all the right things in his interviews.  He's humble and simply talks about his rounds.  It's the media I've always had a problem with.  Follow him.  Absolutely.  Give him extra coverage for sure.  He's by far, the biggest star in the game.  Just don't do it to the detriment of other, currently more successful, golfers.

There are some great, young players on tour.  I've been a Spieth fan since he broke in.  Tough year so far.  Justin Thomas is quickly becoming one of my favorites.  Yeah, I know he's a Bammer. Whatever.  But if you hear an interview with him, it's hard not to like this guy.  I just think the PGA needs to have coverage of their events geared as much towards all these young guns and the future of golf, as it does on Tiger.  Hell, I hope Woods starts winning some tournaments and creating some rivalries.  Great for golf.

Oh, and if you love golf, The Ryder Cup is fast approaching.    
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #132 on: August 13, 2018, 12:35:36 AM »
So in the last Major, Brooks Koepka takes another win with an amazing round to finish 16 under.  The story though, was Tiger shooting a 64 and keeping the pressure up until the very end, along with Adam Scott.

The announcers even said what a shame it is that another Major for Koepka will be overshadowed by Woods' being in contention.  I don't blame Tiger.  He's just doing his thing.  He says all the right things in his interviews.  He's humble and simply talks about his rounds.  It's the media I've always had a problem with.  Follow him.  Absolutely.  Give him extra coverage for sure.  He's by far, the biggest star in the game.  Just don't do it to the detriment of other, currently more successful, golfers.

There are some great, young players on tour.  I've been a Spieth fan since he broke in.  Tough year so far.  Justin Thomas is quickly becoming one of my favorites.  Yeah, I know he's a Bammer. Whatever.  But if you hear an interview with him, it's hard not to like this guy.  I just think the PGA needs to have coverage of their events geared as much towards all these young guns and the future of golf, as it does on Tiger.  Hell, I hope Woods starts winning some tournaments and creating some rivalries.  Great for golf.

Oh, and if you love golf, The Ryder Cup is fast approaching.   
I like playing golf.  Never much on watching it.  Will watch some occasionally just to see who's winning, realize that I don't know most of them -- where are Ernie Els, Greg Norman, Seve Ballesteros, Chi Chi, Gary Player, Tom Watson and the real golfers? -- see who's winning and go do something else.   

I'll admit that I checked the leaderboard a few times today simply because I didn't want to see Woods win and have to listen to months and months of the HE'S BACK bellowing from every direction.  I watch Woods in exactly the same way I watch an Alabama game.  Only occasionally and only to see him lose.  

Last chance at a major this season.  What's more likely, that he'll be better a year from now when he's 43 and got a little more rust in the tank or will his game continue to edge back toward the middle/bottom?  He was a good golfer, one of the best.  Part of the issue I have with him is that his heyday came in the middle of a golfing valley.  Would he have won the same if he'd had to compete against the better golfers of today?  

When Tiger won his first Masters, Tom Kite (48 years old) was second, Watson (also 48) was fourth.  The list of players who finished second in his 14 majors isn't exactly a who's who of the game.  Els (twice), Bob May, David Duval, Retief Goosen, Phil, Chris DiMarco (twice), Colin, Shaun Michael (guess he wasn't wrestling that week), Woody Austin and Rocco Mediate.  

At some point over the next few years he'll probably win another tournament.  Maybe not a major, but something. You could say the same about pretty much every golfer who finished in the top 20.

Think about this for a minute.  Tom Watson was 33 when he won his last major.  Sam Snead 41. Gary Player 42. Hogan 40. Seve 31. Byron Nelson 33. Walter Hagen 32.  

Since 1968 (50 years) only four men have won a major at age 43 or over.  FOUR.   Only 8% of all majors in history have been won by a man over the age of 40.  

When he was good, he was as good as anybody.  But he hasn't been "that guy" in over a decade. 

From what I've heard, he played as well as he's played in a long time today.  Does that mean it's a trend and he's going to be "back?"   Maybe, but the odds are against it.  Let's cover it as if he is, regardless.  

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #133 on: August 13, 2018, 08:18:02 AM »
Last paragraph kind of where I am. He looked good this weekend no doubt. Even the eye test he looked in shape. Haven’t seen that in a while. He was dialed in mentally. With Tiger it’s always been the mental part. Physically he’s gifted prob more than anyone in history aside from a few back issues. 

Is he back? Not sure. I think he did show he has the potential to be if he gets his head right and stays healthy. 

But the media and even the yahoos in the gallery yesterday. Just insane how they act. Snags is right about koepka. Guy is on fire. 3 of last 7 majors. And you’ll barely know. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #134 on: August 13, 2018, 09:53:42 AM »
All ESPN has been doing this morning is breaking down his round and showing interview after interview.  They even put up the Las Vegas odds for him winning the 2019 Masters.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #135 on: August 13, 2018, 10:01:25 AM »
All ESPN has been doing this morning is breaking down his round and showing interview after interview.  They even put up the Las Vegas odds for him winning the 2019 Masters.
All your tournaments are belong to Tiger
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #136 on: August 13, 2018, 10:02:50 AM »
Since no one else said it I want to be the first to congratulate Kaos on his second place finish in yesterday's PGA Championship.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 10:15:15 AM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #137 on: August 13, 2018, 10:15:26 AM »
I usually only watch the Majors and on Sundays.  However, I started watching this championship for some reason on Friday. This was one of the best golf tourneys I have witnessed, nothing to do with Tiger BTW, just some great all-around golf.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Token

« Reply #138 on: August 13, 2018, 11:29:46 AM »
Y’all can be mad if you want but Tiger has the largest following yesterday and the roars could be heard across the course. The guy brings crowds, ratings and money to the PGA.  

The only thing lost is how impressive it was to see Keopka continuing to drop putts even when he knew Tiger was in the hunt and it seemed like everyone crowd there wanted to see Tiger win. 

Tiger Woods played like one of the top 5 golfers in the world yesteday. The problem he is facing now is that other players aren’t as intimidated as they were years ago. We saw it in the open, he was in the hunt after 9 yet his playing partner won the tournament. Yesterday Brooks didn’t fall apart. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #139 on: August 13, 2018, 12:36:13 PM »
Y’all can be mad if you want but Tiger has the largest following yesterday and the roars could be heard across the course. The guy brings crowds, ratings and money to the PGA. 

The only thing lost is how impressive it was to see Keopka continuing to drop putts even when he knew Tiger was in the hunt and it seemed like everyone crowd there wanted to see Tiger win.

Tiger Woods played like one of the top 5 golfers in the world yesteday. The problem he is facing now is that other players aren’t as intimidated as they were years ago. We saw it in the open, he was in the hunt after 9 yet his playing partner won the tournament. Yesterday Brooks didn’t fall apart.
I agree with all that.  But, what's going on since the Koepka raised the trophy yesterday is where the PGA is missing the boat, IMO.  Yes, they're going to give Tiger his love, and deservedly so because he is such a fan favorite (If favorite is the right word).  But right now, they have a chance to prop up the guy who has actually won 2 Majors this year and let people know who he is. Maybe try to create a little rivalry.  Some additional interest in something other than whether or not Tiger is back.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions