Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

What's For Dinner? And Other Random Musings.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
What's For Dinner? And Other Random Musings.
« on: February 17, 2018, 09:24:28 PM »
Been on a pretty good roll lately in losing weight and amping up the workouts.  Orange Theory 3 days a week and skrate up weight training 3 days as well. Eating clean and the results are coming surely, but slowly.

When I get focused like that, I like to take one day and make it a cheat day eating-wise.  That was today.  Snags lite had a soccer game in Phenix City at Glenwood.  First trip there.  Wow!  They had a baseball double header going on against Jordan of Columbus, Ga.  My son's soccer game was going on at the football field right beside the baseball complex.  Folks, some schools know how to do it right.  Won't go into it all but trust me when I say, I was really impressed with what they have going on with athletics. Suffice it to say, they take their baseball seriously. 

But I digress.  We have a grill/wine shop/butcher shop here in Dothan called The Cellar.  After having a 3 pound "Gator Burger" (Glenwood Gators) at the game, I decided I wanted to grill a steak tonight, so we stopped on the way in.  Talk about one-stop shopping for dinner. 

Bacon wrapped filets
Potatoes stuffed with bacon, ham and cheese
Bacon wrapped asparagus bundles.  (See a theme here?)
Lobster tails

Seasoned the filets with Woster, Sid's Sure Shot and Rudy's Rub.  By the way, if you don't know about Rudy's Rub, you're missing out on one of life's great pleasures.  Go on line and order some now.  You will be forever indebted to the Supreme Snags from that point forward. 

Rolled the asparagus bundles in the same marinade the filets bathed in and put them on the grill as well.  The lobster tails:  Parboiled for 2 minutes.  Took them out and split the shell open with kitchen shears.  Poured a mixture of melted butter, lemon juice and garlic salt on them and put them on the grill for 3 minutes. 

Used the same butter mixture for dipping the lobster.  One of those meals where you stop and take a personal moment and realize there's a ton a flavors going on in your mouth.  Cheat Day....Success!

What's for dinner?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 09:28:10 PM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

Re: What's For Dinner? And Other Random Musings.
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2018, 11:25:25 PM »
What's the matter with you?
Wrap those lobster tails in bacon son.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2018, 07:16:48 PM »
They take baseball very seriously. It is the home school of Tim Hudson. 

They don't beat the bigger/better boys in the area but they can hold their own against most schools.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2018, 09:12:19 AM »
What's the matter with you?
Wrap those lobster tails in bacon son.
The man doesn’t have David J Maloney money.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2018, 12:48:02 PM »
Eating lobster huh?  I never pictured you as a food stamp kinda guy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2018, 04:41:43 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2018, 09:49:50 AM »
I got nothing just thought I'd drop by to see what Snags was preparing for dinner.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2018, 11:20:11 PM »
I got nothing just thought I'd drop by to see what Snags was preparing for dinner.
Funny you should ask.  I got two filets for Snagette and Snags Lite and a well marbled ribeye for the big man.  Marinated them in my usual...Worstersherteshur, Sid's Sure Shot and my secret...Rudy's Rub.  The key, however; was that when I got them to 155 degrees, I slathered them in a mixture of melted butter and garlic salt.  Game Changer.  Still tasting that buttery goodness.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2018, 02:20:20 PM »
Funny you should ask.  I got two filets for Snagette and Snags Lite and a well marbled ribeye for the big man.  Marinated them in my usual...Worstersherteshur, Sid's Sure Shot and my secret...Rudy's Rub.  The key, however; was that when I got them to 155 degrees, I slathered them in a mixture of melted butter and garlic salt.  Game Changer.  Still tasting that buttery goodness.  
Funny you should say that about getting the ribeye for the big man.
Does she call you that too?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2018, 10:04:38 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2018, 10:14:15 AM »
Thank you very much.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2018, 11:28:05 AM »
If you have to wrap a filet in bacon, it ain't being done right.

And I am not going to go in on having a good steak with anything other than a salt and pepper rub...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2018, 11:47:19 AM »

And I am not going to go in on having a good steak with anything other than a salt and pepper rub...
Blasphemer. 
Srsly though, I'll eat a steak doctored up with all kinds of spices or I'll be just as happy with it nekkid.  My preference is to get a lot of flavors going on with different marinades and rubs, whether it's cow, pig or whatever. 
On a different note, we finally have a couple of really good seafood markets here.  We can actually get fish that wasn't flash frozen 6 months ago.  Picked up a couple of black grouper filets the other night and cooked them with a pecan crust recipe.  Pan seared them a couple of minutes on both sides, then into the oven for about 12 minutes.  Not restaurant quality, but still damn fine for a first time pecan cruster. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2018, 12:41:21 PM »
I grilled some porterhouse for the hoe on Sunday and you may think WT is lying, but I’d stack it against most any. Didn’t have time to marinate. Got it the day of at the Publix.

Low and slow on a stone on my immigration egg. Let it sit a few in some dales. I’ve had plenty with just salt and peppers like WE!!! Said. But I’m telling you, I cut up
Some garlic and put it on. Med rare and I wanted to slap somebody’s granny.

That is all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2018, 02:22:15 PM »
I grilled some porterhouse for the hoe on Sunday and you may think WT is lying, but I’d stack it against most any. Didn’t have time to marinate. Got it the day of at the Publix.

Low and slow on a stone on my immigration egg. Let it sit a few in some dales. I’ve had plenty with just salt and peppers like WE!!! Said. But I’m telling you, I cut up
Some garlic and put it on. Med rare and I wanted to slap somebody’s granny.

That is all.
Oh Porterhouse, look at the wax build up on these shoes I want that wax stripped off there, then I want them creamed and buffed with a fine chamois, and I want them now. Chop chop.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2018, 04:12:34 PM »

Add in a little chili pepper and a touch of brown sugar and I agree.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

chinook

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2018, 12:24:44 PM »
A filet is for the women and children.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2018, 12:36:53 PM »
A filet is for the women and children.
Oh, go eat a peanut butter pickle bacon burger. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2018, 01:13:17 PM »
Oh, go eat a peanut butter pickle bacon burger.
FAIL!
This response must be posted in a five year old thread to be considered legitimate!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2018, 10:51:26 AM »
Despite the fact that Alberto was dumping lots of water all over my house Monday, I got some serious baby backs done.  Wasn't that bad though because I go low and slow in the oven for 4 hours before finishing them on the grill. 

I rub my meat down real good.  Then I take the ribs out of the pack and put some rub on them too.  I wrap them in foil but douse them in teh Wosters to keep them moist during the cooking.  In the oven at 210 for 4 hours.  That puts them right at fallin' off the bone status.  Slather them up with the Secret Snags Sauce and put them on the grill for a few minutes each side to caramelize the sauce. 

Several years ago, I got to Joe's tailgate early just to watch him make his beans.  I can't recall all his ingredients but I do a variation of what he does.  I brown some hamburger meat, add diced onions, then the beans, yellow mustard and brown sugar. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions