Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Metallica's New Album - Death Magnetic

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Metallica's New Album - Death Magnetic
« on: September 15, 2008, 08:08:28 PM »
Holy fucking shit, does it ever rule. I was blindsided by the rock. I guess because I was expecting it to suck along the lines of their last couple efforts. I only downloaded it to piss Lars off, and out of a little curiosity.

I was pleasantly surprised.

AC/DC's new album "Black Ice" comes out next month, and if it is half the return to glory days as this album is I may just blow my load.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: Metallica's New Album - Death Magnetic
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 08:10:51 PM »
Holy fucking shit, does it ever rule. I was blindsided by the rock. I guess because I was expecting it to suck along the lines of their last couple efforts. I only downloaded it to piss Lars off, and out of a little curiosity.

I was pleasantly surprised.

AC/DC's new album "Black Ice" comes out next month, and if it is half the return to glory days as this album is I may just blow my load.

I was curious about the whole thing.  XM's had a Metallica channel now for the past month which has been bad ass.  I'll have to go ahead and grab it.  I was a little leary after St. Anger.......

Thanks for sayin' something Chizad!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 09:18:22 PM »
I was curious about the whole thing.  XM's had a Metallica channel now for the past month which has been bad ass.  I'll have to go ahead and grab it.  I was a little leary after St. Anger.......

Thanks for sayin' something Chizad!

ac/dc radio on sirius channel 29.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 09:23:05 PM »
I hope it's worth a shit because I haven't been able to listen to their music since I saw that documentary, which showed Hetfield to be a blathering psycho-babble pussy.  Let's get in touch with our feelings. 

Shut the fuck up and play some rock.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2008, 10:19:06 PM »
I'll probably illegally download it.

Queen is also releasing a new studio album with their new lead singer that they tour with, Paul Rodgers, sometime the end of October.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2008, 11:49:41 PM »
I hope it's worth a shit because I haven't been able to listen to their music since I saw that documentary, which showed Hetfield to be a blathering psycho-babble pussy.  Let's get in touch with our feelings. 

Shut the fuck up and play some rock.
I'm right there with ya brother.....When I saw them trying to get in touch with their feelings, eating grapes, and playing with their kids....I was thinkin', okay these guys are apparently Gay.  Where's the Crack Smokin', Coke Snortin', Whiskey Guzzlin', Whore Fuckin',  band members of Metallica that fuckin' melt your face off with the massive kick ass rifts?

ALSO, AC/DC is going on Tour....and they'll be in Atlanta on Dec. 16th.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2008, 12:47:23 AM »
I picked up the album today and I was impressed. This album fucking rocks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2008, 08:06:37 AM »
Yes the rock is good on it.  It is no "Ride the Lightning" or "Master of Puppets" but there will never be  those again.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2008, 12:20:07 PM »
Yes the rock is good on it.  It is no "Ride the Lightning" or "Master of Puppets" but there will never be  those again.
I agree.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2008, 01:56:16 PM »
I'm right there with ya brother.....When I saw them trying to get in touch with their feelings, eating grapes, and playing with their kids....I was thinkin', okay these guys are apparently Gay.  Where's the Crack Smokin', Coke Snortin', Whiskey Guzzlin', Whore Fuckin',  band members of Metallica that fuckin' melt your face off with the massive kick ass rifts?

It's called maturing. No man should have to live his life in a drug induced stupor just to assuage your desires. Many groups have proved that their music can be just as good without their personal lives in the gutter. St. Anger was their first attempt at this. Give them a break.

Not to mention, Lars is a listhping dick!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 01:57:16 PM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2008, 02:40:20 PM »
Many groups have proved that their music can be just as good without their personal lives in the gutter.

The only post-drug-addled music that I can recall being good was SRV...then he died. 

Who can you cite as proof that rehabilitated musicians make quality music?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2008, 02:58:12 PM »
The only post-drug-addled music that I can recall being good was SRV...then he died. 

Who can you cite as proof that rehabilitated musicians make quality music?

Welll. Isn't this post about Matellica's new album being good. Isn't this a post rehab album for James?

Aerosmith. Eagles. SRV. (death not related) There are several others.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2008, 03:03:21 PM »
Eagles.

"I've had a--
--had a rough night, and I hate the fucking Eagles, man "
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

wesfau2

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2008, 03:08:58 PM »

Welll. Isn't this post about Matellica's new album being good. Isn't this a post rehab album for James?

I can't vouch for the quality of this album.  Therefore, I'm not ready to say that, post-rehab, Metallica makes good music.

Aerosmith. Eagles.
Nothing these bands did after cleaning up came close to touching their early work.  Poor music when they aren't fucked up.

There are several others.

This is the part where you list them for us.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DEADLYSMELL

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2008, 12:44:34 PM »
Ehh...not so much rule as a good attempt.  No amount of redemption can make up for the gigantic fuck you they gave us over the last decade and a half.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

BLS

« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2008, 11:04:54 AM »
I'd like to hear a couple of songs before I buy. The only song I've heard ,don't know the name but, Jame's voice sucks. On a positive note ,that same song, Kirk Hammett's riffs are reminicent of some of the old stuff.
I can't tell much about the new bassis. I think it's Robert Truillo, I saw him on  a tour with ozzy and Zack Wylde. Any time you're playing Rudy Sarzo live, you're kicking ass.  He's good so hopefully it will show up on some of the other songs.

Someone mentioned ''they'll never be a Ride the lighning or Master of Puppets'' . Sad but true. Drug induced music versus the new cleaned up bands, no comparison, not even close. Some how they can't seem to regain what they lost throughout the cleaning up process. I don't know what it is, but it is a constant for pretty much every band.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2008, 10:09:28 AM »

Gene Simmons has never been high or drunk in his life.  That proves that music can be made while sober.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2008, 10:11:53 AM »
Gene Simmons has never been high or drunk in his life.  That proves that music can be made while sober.

he wasn't the only one in the band.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2008, 10:12:08 AM »
That proves that music can be made while sober.

Sure, you can make music while sober, but it's not good. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions