Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

For all the lawyers! Steve, Wes, Taylor.

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
For all the lawyers! Steve, Wes, Taylor.
« on: September 20, 2008, 05:08:12 AM »
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26796928/?GT1=43001
Lawyer suspended for accepting nude dances
Panel: Client performed for him in return for reduced legal fees

updated 6:34 p.m. CT, Fri., Sept. 19, 2008
CHICAGO - An attorney has been suspended for more than a year for accepting nude dances from a stripper as partial payment for the legal fees she owed him.

The Illinois Attorney Registration and Disciplinary Commission on Thursday said Scott Robert Erwin will begin serving a 15-month suspension for misconduct next month.

Erwin, who practices in the northern Illinois city of DeKalb, and his client mutually agreed that she'd perform nude dances for him in his office as a way to reduce her legal fees, the commission's report said. He credited her for $534 toward his bill for services of various legal matters, the report said.

While she agreed to the performances, the client contended he touched her inappropriately during those dances, and she went to police in 2002 with sexual assault allegations.

Erwin denied any inappropriate touching happened, and he was never charged criminally, the report said. He declined to comment on the panel's decision Thursday. The woman no longer works as a stripper, the report said.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 05:09:57 AM by jumbo »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: For all the lawyers! Steve, Wes, Taylor.
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 09:08:27 AM »
Dancing?  Whew, I thought they were going to say sex was a no no.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 12:28:29 AM »
I'd accept that everyday.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 10:08:27 AM »
Whatever happened to the freedom to contract? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 10:13:30 AM »
Or just bartering?

I give you these three chickens and you give me head.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2008, 11:23:10 AM »
They do a couple of sting operations down here every year where they round up drug dealers and one where they pop the prostitutes and solicitors.  One guy got nabbed for trying to score some coochie coo and didn't have the money to pay for it.  So, he left and came back with a squirrel he had killed and a broken down washing machine.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2008, 11:37:39 AM »
So, he left and came back with a squirrel he had killed and a broken down washing machine.

Got a picture of the "lady" that was supposed to entice?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2008, 11:44:29 AM »
You see...this is a prime example of why you should have video cameras set up in your offices.  I mean, he could have saved himself the year of probation by showing the videos to his "client" before she went public.
That's not to mention all the "other" uses of that video he could have found.

I am giving this advice to Taylor pro bono.  The rest of you should have already known this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.