Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Veronica Vincent

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Veronica Vincent
« on: January 26, 2018, 09:48:33 AM »
Bitter Vinnie, sort of back with KISS.  Appeared at the KISS Expo in Atlanta and gave his first interview in like 20 years.

Apparently turned into a woman.

Dude, when he was a dude, had a tortured history with KISS. Contributed some good work (writing and guitar) on the Creatures of the Night album which holds up better in retrospect than its subsequent tour would indicate. 

He was one of the four faces that unmasked on the USS Intrepid live on MTV.  Was a major contributor to the Lick It Up album which was probably the most important release for the band since the 70s.  If that had failed?  Wouldn't still be around probably.  Vinnie co-wrote most of the songs and handled the guitar work.

Went to war with Gene and Paul over money.  They'd decided that after the Ace/Peter debacle there would be no more 'four for one.'  Anybody in the band would be contract only.  Vinnie -- somewhat justifiably -- wanted more.  He went from flat broke to rich overnight and it got to him.  They probably should have paid him more, but he did have a contract.  When he refused to sign a renewal, he was gone.  Two years, two albums at a critical juncture for the band.

Sued for royalties. Lost.

Mended fences, came back for some songs on Revenge in 1992.  Wrote Unholy with Gene which was a really, really good song. 

Had a contract. Wanted more when the album did well. Sued for royalties. Lost.

Sued again because he was in the clips on a KISS anthology video about eight years ago.  Lost again. 

Now he's back around.  As a woman apparently.  Nothing but nice things to say about Gene and Paul.  Maybe he's decided to stop biting the hand that's fed him. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: Veronica Vincent
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 10:13:14 AM »
I never knew about the history between them and how involved and stained it was.

And yes, she looks hideous.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2018, 10:20:24 AM »
I never knew about the history between them and how involved and stained it was.

I watched her interview. 

Admits that "yeah, I had a contract but I was doing all this work, I was writing these songs and I wanted them to appreciate me more, to make me a bigger part of things, to give me more money..." 

I get it.  He was important to the band at that time.  But he had a contract.  Should have worked it out in advance if he wanted it to be different. 

Same with the people who work for me.   We create software packages that the company sells. If we do something that, say, sells for $20 million I'll probably give the guys/girls who helped write it a bonus or something, but I'm not making them equal partners or adding royalties.  Just the way it is. 

Does Prowler get a cut of every jibbitz he makes whereever he works?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2018, 02:57:03 PM »

Well, she's a guy so...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."