https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2018/roger-mccreary-185594
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Commitment #23...
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 10:35:29 PM »
I like it.  However, I'm just looking at the bio and stats.  Other than that, I know nothing about this guy. 

I'm looking at this class and loving it more and more.  This kid is a DB.  We seriously needed to replenish that position with the loss of C. Davis, Trigga Tray and Stephen Roberts.  No doubt they have done that with two of the guys being early enrollees. 

This staff has kicked ass the last few years at LB so they didn't have a huge need there, but still picked up 2-3 guys that will add depth.  The front 4 is already loaded.  They have depth, size, strength, speed and now are picking up: 6'3" 282 DeQuan Newkirk, 6'3" 235 DE Kayode Oladele (Beast) and 6'2" 300 Coynis Miller.  Loaded!

O-Line: A couple of huge 3 star guys but I'd like to see them grab at least 1 more with the slots left.  I think there is enormous talent on the roster but it's still the number 1 biggest question mark going in to 2018.  Receiver?  HOLY DAMN!  What can you say about what's already on the roster and what they have coming in?  Easily the most talent they've ever had at Auburn.  QB:  6'5" 230 lb. Joey Gatewood.  So, Stidham, Willis and Gatewood.  I can live with it.  And Running Back?  I was concerned big time.  But the addition of Joiner and Martin makes me moist. 

Kudos to Gus & Co.  Another top 10 chocked full of 4 stars.  Talent will never be an issue on the Planes!   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 10:53:24 PM »
I like it.  However, I'm just looking at the bio and stats.  Other than that, I know nothing about this guy. 

I'm looking at this class and loving it more and more.  This kid is a DB.  We seriously needed to replenish that position with the loss of C. Davis, Trigga Tray and Stephen Roberts.  No doubt they have done that with two of the guys being early enrollees. 

This staff has kicked ass the last few years at LB so they didn't have a huge need there, but still picked up 2-3 guys that will add depth.  The front 4 is already loaded.  They have depth, size, strength, speed and now are picking up: 6'3" 282 DeQuan Newkirk, 6'3" 235 DE Kayode Oladele (Beast) and 6'2" 300 Coynis Miller.  Loaded!

O-Line: A couple of huge 3 star guys but I'd like to see them grab at least 1 more with the slots left.  I think there is enormous talent on the roster but it's still the number 1 biggest question mark going in to 2018.  Receiver?  HOLY DAMN!  What can you say about what's already on the roster and what they have coming in?  Easily the most talent they've ever had at Auburn.  QB:  6'5" 230 lb. Joey Gatewood.  So, Stidham, Willis and Gatewood.  I can live with it.  And Running Back?  I was concerned big time.  But the addition of Joiner and Martin makes me moist. 

Kudos to Gus & Co.  Another top 10 chocked full of 4 stars.  Talent will never be an issue on the Planes!   
Plus, McCreary is a track athlete...and Punter. He's going to be a stud at CB.

Right now, the only position I'm concerned about is the OLine. But, with Grimes back, he'll have the big uglies ready to get nasty.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2018, 08:52:44 AM »
Plus, McCreary is a track athlete...and Punter. He's going to be a stud at CB.

Right now, the only position I'm concerned about is the OLine. But, with Grimes back, he'll have the big uglies ready to get nasty.

I agree that our O line recruiting has been somewhat of a disappointment in this class.  We have talent there and I'm hopeful that Grimes can turn them into some mean SOB's.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2018, 09:48:27 AM »
Gatewood runs way better than advertised. Maybe Gus turns him into a hammer instead of a backup QB...
...or a giant corner if WT is paying attention.  :rolleyes:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2018, 06:49:29 AM »
I agree that our O line recruiting has been somewhat of a disappointment in this class.  We have talent there and I'm hopeful that Grimes can turn them into some mean SOB's.
:rolleyes: "We feel good about our depth," Malzahn said. The young guys that we recruited, we feel very good about them and the fact that J.B. can work with those guys. He recruited a lot of those guys that are still there, too. We feel good about our depth on both sides of the football."

Marquel Harrell-6 starts
Kaleb Kim
Tyler Carr
Bailey Sharp
Broadarious Hamm

:sad: All I can say is that if Grimes can make us a contender from the above and anybody else that shows up...we might need to keep him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2018, 08:39:27 AM »
:rolleyes: "We feel good about our depth," Malzahn said. The young guys that we recruited, we feel very good about them and the fact that J.B. can work with those guys. He recruited a lot of those guys that are still there, too. We feel good about our depth on both sides of the football."

Marquel Harrell-6 starts
Kaleb Kim
Tyler Carr
Bailey Sharp
Broadarious Hamm

:sad: All I can say is that if Grimes can make us a contender from the above and anybody else that shows up...we might need to keep him.

I think it looks like:

Nick Brahms Center
Marquel Harrell Guard
Mike Horton Guard
Prince Tega Winebego Tackle
Calvin Ashley Tackle

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2018, 09:13:00 AM »
I think it looks like:

Nick Brahms Center
Marquel Harrell Guard
Mike Horton Guard
Prince Tega Winebego Tackle
Calvin Ashley Tackle
Have seen Tega, Horton and Harrell. Somebody needs to ramp up the mean on these dancing bears and equip them with gps so they can lock on a defender.  They aren't exactly matadors but I saw enough whiffing to cause some angst.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2018, 09:32:58 AM »
Have seen Tega, Horton and Harrell. Somebody needs to ramp up the mean on these dancing bears and equip them with gps so they can lock on a defender.  They aren't exactly matadors but I saw enough whiffing to cause some angst.

The OL coach to do it is back on staff.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2018, 09:46:12 AM »
The OL coach to do it is back on staff.
GOAT award if he pulls this miracle off.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2018, 08:20:46 PM »
Have seen Tega, Horton and Harrell. Somebody needs to ramp up the mean on these dancing bears and equip them with gps so they can lock on a defender.  They aren't exactly matadors but I saw enough whiffing to cause some angst.
^^^His analysis is spot on. At least this time.
These guys def look the part getting off the bus. But I’m needing to see more than flashes. And if it has been there, I didn’t notice.
Not saying they are incapable but I am saying that I’m unimpressed, so far.
Also, not claiming to be the most qualified to grade them out.
But I do claim to be the best looking man on here. I very truly believe this.
Actually, I know this.
Ask your wife.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com