Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Time to ban the NFL

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Time to ban the NFL
« on: January 23, 2018, 08:07:03 AM »
I already had a problem with the gutless stance the league took toward those who knelt for our national anthem.  Found the support of Worthless Cumperdink disgusting.  Sickened by the fact that when the league played in foreign countries, the league encouraged/required players to stand for the Mexican and British anthems. 

Now it's gone too far.  A veterans group purchased an ad in the Super Bowl program.  This was the content:

The NFL rejected this ad as "too political." 

This is too political, but it's fine for some overpaid, under-educated twat waffle to take a knee in a blatant show of disrespect for the country that provides them the opportunity to make that living? 

#fuckthenfl
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Time to ban the NFL
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 08:44:25 AM »
Good points made ^
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 09:15:18 AM »
What is this NFL you speak of?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 09:21:53 AM »
What is this NFL you speak of?
I haven’t watched a single game or even quarter. Maybe a play in passing at a restaurant but I haven’t missed it at all.

Was never a jersey buying type of fan. Only been to 1 game in my life. Hated it. Hate it more now.

To each their own. I don’t begrudge anyone who likes it. But the kneeling is precisely the reason I don’t plan to ever support it again.

Will consciously avoid advertisers when I can. And it will do nothing but make me feel better.

And that’s fine.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 11:01:53 AM »
I sort of miss the Panthers.  Cam was fun to watch -- when he was having fun. 

That seemed to be less and less frequently though.

I don't miss it enough to watch it. But I'll keep my Cam jersey.  And my Cam socks. And my Cam shoes. The orange and blue CN1s will be part of my game-day attire in 2018.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2018, 11:25:27 AM »
One of the NBC execs said if any players kneel during the anthem at the Super Bowl, they will make it a point to show it. 

You guys know I made it about half way through the season before I started checking it out again.  Part of that was because it seemed, to me anyway, that the whole subject had pretty much gone away.  They weren't showing the kneelers and it certainly wasn't being discussed.  Again, not that I heard or saw anyway.  This is just an assumption on my part, but I would imagine the overwhelming majority of players in the NFL wish that whole thing never got started.  You can't say it without getting black-balled. (No pun....well, maybe a little pun intended) I think most would rather do without the distraction or have to cover up their true feelings and act like they give a shit.

However, on the Veteran's commercial dealio, if they want to hit where it hurts, use the money raised for air time during the SB and run 10X the ads saying "I won't watch, because I respect the flag and my country."  No doubt, you'd get quite the movement of people refusing to watch it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2018, 02:35:15 PM »
Just a little fyi...forced patriotism isn't patriotism.

Funny how some here have such a huge problem with people utilizing their freedom, by kneeling, saying it's disrespectful to the military (it isn't)...but yet, have no problem when their Senate leader refuses to pay the military during a Government shutdown. Sad!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2018, 03:15:55 PM »
Funny how some here have such a huge problem with people utilizing their freedom, by kneeling, saying it's disrespectful to the military (it isn't)...but yet, have no problem when their Senate leader refuses to pay the military during a Government shutdown. Sad!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2018, 07:35:17 PM »
I haven’t watched a single game or even quarter. Maybe a play in passing at a restaurant but I haven’t missed it at all.

Was never a jersey buying type of fan. Only been to 1 game in my life. Hated it. Hate it more now.

To each their own. I don’t begrudge anyone who likes it. But the kneeling is precisely the reason I don’t plan to ever support it again.

Will consciously avoid advertisers when I can. And it will do nothing but make me feel better.

And that’s fine.
All of this except I've never been to a game.

I apologize for the poor quality, but I'm in there somewhere. Oh yea, #FUCKTHENFL!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 07:38:58 PM by bottomfeeder »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2018, 10:24:22 PM »
I watch it.  I don’t agree with the players that kneel.  I don’t agree with the NFL decision about the SuperBowl ad.  Dumb on that for turning down money but whatever.  It’s not to my convictions yet to turn it off.

Dilly Dilly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2018, 11:10:46 PM »

If my senator voted for illegals over citizens I would never vote for him or her again
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2018, 11:17:01 PM »
If my senator voted for illegals over citizens I would never vote for him or her again

Dilly fucking Dilly!!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Token

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2018, 11:29:44 PM »

I must have missed it but who are the “some” here that has no problem with the military not being paid?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2018, 07:23:29 AM »
I must have missed it but who are the “some” here that has no problem with the military not being paid?

He also missed the point. Again.

No one wants to force anyone to do anything. K is pointing out the hypocrisy of the NFL and their "policies".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2018, 07:25:07 AM »

He's right. HIS senate leadership threatened a filibuster causing a shutdown thus putting illegals over military. And he's proud of it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2018, 09:51:18 AM »
E'rrbody needs to calm it on the "TROOPS AIN'T GOIN GET PAID" business though. They were shutdown for 69 hours. And every bank issued statements that they would honor pay to military while the government worked out the details. So, they were gonna get paid. Pay attention to the real issue, folks. The number of officials who threatened VIOLENCE against Trump in the election cycle. That includes your FBI director, special prosecutor, and, yes, HERLIRY!

https://www.infowars.com/report-missing-fbi-text-messages-include-threats-of-violence-against-trump/
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2018, 09:20:34 PM »
E'rrbody needs to calm it on the "TROOPS AIN'T GOIN GET PAID" business though. They were shutdown for 69 hours. And every bank issued statements that they would honor pay to military while the government worked out the details. So, they were gonna get paid. Pay attention to the real issue, folks. The number of officials who threatened VIOLENCE against Trump in the election cycle. That includes your FBI director, special prosecutor, and, yes, HERLIRY!

https://www.infowars.com/report-missing-fbi-text-messages-include-threats-of-violence-against-trump/
Info Wars...smh
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2018, 10:57:17 PM »
Yeah those little shitbags have a right to kneel. I have a right to say fudge them and the NFL. And fudge you if you support the kneelers!

Sorry for inappropriate use of the word "kneeler"!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 09:21:49 AM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2018, 12:59:29 PM »
Info Wars...smh

Better than your Fake News
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2018, 02:02:15 PM »
Yeah those little shootbags have a right to kneel. I have a right to say fudge them and the NFL. And fudge you if you support the kneelers!

Sorry for inappropriate use of the word "kneeler"!
Calling those folks kneelers is giving the $20 whores a bad name.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.