Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

TSO

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
TSO
« on: December 22, 2017, 02:06:33 AM »
Went to NO Wednesday night to see Trans-Siberian Orchestra. 

Absolutely fantastic.  This may come out wrong, but if church was like that, I'd show up every Sunday. Great musicians, great arrangements, lights, fire, video.  Every thing you could ever ask for. 

Some notes:

1) Everybody who enjoyed that extravaganza should give a nod of appreciation to Gene Simmons, Paul Stanley, Peter Criss and Ace Frehley.  KISS pioneered the same kind of bombast unleashed by TSO. KISS added the fire, the thunder, the light and spectacle to the concept of what a 'rock and roll' show should be.  TSO benefited from walking the trail they blazed.

2) As much circus as KISS layers on, TSO went a step further with the lights.  Well coordinated, but if you are prone to seizures, stay out.

3) The show was great, but it was a tick too long.  They did the whole Christmas segment and then came out and blasted additional songs for another 90 minutes or so.  It got to the point to where people were looking at the time, wondering when it was going to wrap up.  They went on somewhere between 7:30 and 8 and didn't finish the finale fireworks until after 11.

4) I had no problem with it, but the transition from haunting Christmas carols to a bevy of hair-swinging girls going half Motley Crue with the gyrations was a little unsettling for some. 

It's one of those things I think everyone should see at least once.  Well worth the price of the ticket.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

chinook

Re: TSO
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2017, 10:43:55 AM »
Went to NO Wednesday night to see Trans-Siberian Orchestra. 

Absolutely fantastic.  This may come out wrong, but if church was like that, I'd show up every Sunday. Great musicians, great arrangements, lights, fire, video.  Every thing you could ever ask for. 

Some notes:

1) Everybody who enjoyed that extravaganza should give a nod of appreciation to Gene Simmons, Paul Stanley, Peter Criss and Ace Frehley.  KISS pioneered the same kind of bombast unleashed by TSO. KISS added the fire, the thunder, the light and spectacle to the concept of what a 'rock and roll' show should be.  TSO benefited from walking the trail they blazed.

2) As much circus as KISS layers on, TSO went a step further with the lights.  Well coordinated, but if you are prone to seizures, stay out.

3) The show was great, but it was a tick too long.  They did the whole Christmas segment and then came out and blasted additional songs for another 90 minutes or so.  It got to the point to where people were looking at the time, wondering when it was going to wrap up.  They went on somewhere between 7:30 and 8 and didn't finish the finale fireworks until after 11.

4) I had no problem with it, but the transition from haunting Christmas carols to a bevy of hair-swinging girls going half Motley Crue with the gyrations was a little unsettling for some. 

It's one of those things I think everyone should see at least once.  Well worth the price of the ticket.

i attribute fire to the caveman.

i agree they're fantastic.  if you have never seen the Mormon Tabernacle choir do yourself a favor...hop on a jet plane and get yourself to Salt Lake. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2017, 06:57:12 PM »
I would love to see them. They are worth every dime spent to make that happen.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2017, 02:34:10 PM »
I would love to see them. They are worth every dime spent to make that happen.

They have been pricing the common man out since 2007
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

jmar

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2017, 07:20:50 PM »
They have been pricing the common man out since 2007
I remember when they just had a fast train, then they decided they needed an orchestra for christsakes. The instruments alone had to take up two passenger cars.
Never made any sense to me.
Fuck the railroad!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2017, 08:13:08 AM »
I remember when they just had a fast train, then they decided they needed an orchestra for christsakes. The instruments alone had to take up two passenger cars.
Never made any sense to me.
fudge the railroad!
They don't even wear teh hats anymore.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.