Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

2018 Installment of MLB Bitchin' & Moanin'

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: 2018 Installment of MLB Bitchin' & Moanin'
« Reply #580 on: November 27, 2018, 02:23:54 PM »
That is the stupidest sticker I have ever seen.  I am now dumber for having witnessed it.
Is that a Planned Parenthood sticker?  I mean, who wants to chop a life?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #581 on: November 27, 2018, 02:33:06 PM »
That is the stupidest sticker I have ever seen.  I am now dumber for having witnessed it.
Image result for Crotch grab images
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #582 on: November 29, 2018, 03:59:13 PM »
Image result for Braves chop images
That looks like the promo for season six of Dexter.  

Chop a life.  

WTF?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #583 on: November 29, 2018, 04:13:32 PM »
That looks like the promo for season six of Dexter. 

Chop a life. 

WTF?
No...see?  It's like blood. Like they chopped you up with a tomahawk.  And like, used your own blood to write Chop Life on the wall....in your own blood.  So like, just before you fade into darkness and death...you know....like from loss of your own blood from being chopped by the tomahawk....it's like the last thing you see.  And all you can think of is "I just got tomahawk chopped and they usin' my own blood to write shit."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #584 on: November 29, 2018, 04:45:28 PM »
It's like I say it and then y'all say it 2 days later.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #585 on: November 29, 2018, 09:17:00 PM »
No...see?  It's like blood. Like they chopped you up with a tomahawk.  And like, used your own blood to write Chop Life on the wall....in your own blood.  So like, just before you fade into darkness and death...you know....like from loss of your own blood from being chopped by the tomahawk....it's like the last thing you see.  And all you can think of is "I just got tomahawk chopped and they usin' my own blood to write shit."
Charlie approves. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #586 on: December 06, 2018, 12:20:25 AM »
It’s not a Chop A Life logo, but trading for Goldie did make me happy. Central just got interesting...  until next week when Harper signs with the Cubs. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #587 on: December 06, 2018, 09:50:57 AM »
It’s not a Chop A Life logo, but trading for Goldie did make me happy. Central just got interesting...  until next week when Harper signs with the Cubs.
I'll see you a Goldschmidt and raise you one Donaldson.  Seriously, that's one hell of a pick up.  Dude is one of the best in the game and gets no real love because of the market he plays in. You got him at 31 years old, right in the prime.  .290 average with 33 HR and 83 RBI this season.

The Cards just got a lot better.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #588 on: December 06, 2018, 09:51:40 AM »
That solidifies 2nd place behind next year's WS Champs, the Cubs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #589 on: December 06, 2018, 12:49:45 PM »
That solidifies 2nd place behind next year's WS Champs, the Cubs.
You forgot about the Brew Crew.

And I'm pumped about Donaldson.  Wish we could have had him, but at least we get to go see him play when the Braves come to town.  My son already told me that's the one team he wants to go see, so he can make his Chop A Life War Eagle sign.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #590 on: December 06, 2018, 01:02:01 PM »
You forgot about the Brew Crew.

And I'm pumped about Donaldson.  Wish we could have had him, but at least we get to go see him play when the Braves come to town.  My son already told me that's the one team he wants to go see, so he can make his Chop A Life War Eagle sign.
Image result for Chop Life Images
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #591 on: December 06, 2018, 01:12:08 PM »
The thing about Goldschmidt is you know exactly what you're getting.  His stats have remained consistent and in fact, his last 2 years have been some of his best.  Donaldson went on a 4-5 year run where he was one of the best in the game, then last year he bounced around and played a fraction of the games he normally does and his stats dropped off a cliff.  I would assume injuries, but what concerns me is the fact that neither Toronto or Cleveland held on to him.  Damaged goods? I guess we'll see soon enough.  If he can get somewhat back to form and give us 25-30 HR's and a decent average, he'll be worth it.

Goldie is a .297 career hitter BTW.  For a bat with that much pop in it, that's skrong! 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #592 on: January 22, 2019, 04:19:52 PM »
Since pitchers and catchers don't report just yet, I guess this is still some 2018 bitchin' and moanin'.  The Braves plucked Nick Markakis back out of free agency on a one year deal for half the salary at $4 mil.  Kind of surprising given that he was their most productive hitter last year.  But he is getting long in the tooth for an everyday player and I imagine he didn't garner much interest for anybody on a multi-year deal.  Glad he's back in the fold.

I was hoping they would go and get a #1 starter out of free agency to bolster what was a decent, but very young staff.  It looks to me like the quality isn't out there anymore with Dallas Keuchel and maybe Gio Gonzales being the best remaining.  Certainly not #1's although Keichel has had his moments with the Stro's.  Craig Kimbrel is still out there and I'd have no problem picking him back up if the price was right.  I certainly wouldn't break the bank for him.

Any news on the Cards/Cubbies/Rangers/Orioles etc.  Note that I threw the Orioles in there for AU1 because they are clearly the worst to first team this year.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #593 on: January 22, 2019, 04:26:16 PM »
Any news on the Cards/Cubbies/Rangers/Orioles etc.  Note that I threw the Orioles in there for AU1 because they are clearly the worst to first team this year. 
Kris Bryant said St Louis is boring (as in the city), Molina called Bryant a loser.

Buzz, anything I miss on that, or was that pretty much it?

Edit to add, from a Chicago Cubs beatwriter:  Bryant doesn’t drink, so naturally he would be bored in St. Louis.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 04:29:27 PM by AUJarhead »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #594 on: January 22, 2019, 04:34:38 PM »
Kris Bryant said St Louis is boring (as in the city), Molina called Bryant a loser.

Buzz, anything I miss on that, or was that pretty much it?

Edit to add, from a Chicago Cubs beatwriter:  Bryant doesn’t drink, so naturally he would be bored in St. Louis.
from nbcsports dot  I am a gay twerker that has no balls!!!!  I also have no idea how to use the quote function to post stories, so I annoy the piss out of others.  I like male genatalia in and around my mouth.

Oh boy.
Kris Bryant is never going to want to go on the Ryan Dempster late night show at Cubs Convention again.
After Bryant's tongue-in-cheek comment about how St. Louis is "boring" from the weekend, Cardinals nation responded passionately, including catcher and face of the franchise Yadier Molina, who indirectly called Bryant "stupid" in an Instagram post.
But considering Bryant was just pandering to a room packed with thousands of Cubs fans who love to hate on the Cardinals, the St. Louis players would certainly chill out upon learning the context and cooler heads would prevail, right?
Wrong. So very wrong.
Molina was asked about his passionate response Monday and doubled down, saying he will not forget Bryant's comments and "it will carry [into the season]. I can't wait to get on the field." 
"St. Louis is home," Molina told reporters, including MLB.com's Jennifer Langosch. "If anybody says something bad about my home, I'm going to be there for us. I said to the guys, 'We are like a family. We have to stick together. We have to defend ourselves and we have to defend our ground.' Whoever says something about us, we are going to be there to defend us."
So Bryant's half-serious comment said in passing is now not only bulletin board fodder for the Cardinals but actually a rallying cry for the team to unite and come together right before the 2019 season?
Alrighty then...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #595 on: January 22, 2019, 04:42:57 PM »
Loosers
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #596 on: January 22, 2019, 05:39:39 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #597 on: January 22, 2019, 05:49:55 PM »
Ugh, Hyde comes into a bad situation.  Probably as bad as Buck did when he came to Baltimore.  I don't think Hyde will do what Buck did or can. In Bucks third year we played for the ALDS, then made two more post season appearances including the ALCS.  It will be a miracle if Hyde can reproduce that.  Davis is a lost cause I am afraid.  I thought maybe the Brocali hire as the pitching coach would be a nice move, but then I looked him up.  It seems his pitchers in Texas only got worse under him. I'm pretty hopeful that Mullins turns out to be a damn good ballplayer. Nothing major as far as player acquisition.  This season is going to suck again.  This is going to be a long rebuild and losing (and I mean losing a lot) is going to be a part of it.  

I am hopeful for the future in the long run.  I am hoping that Elias can do the same thing here that he did in Houston.  I personally don't think Hyde survives long enough to benefit from what I am hoping that Elias can do. We'll see. I am still a little butt hurt over Zach Britton in pinstripes.  Fuck Georgia and Fuck the Yankees!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 05:51:41 PM by AUTiger1 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

« Reply #598 on: January 23, 2019, 09:56:58 AM »
We'll see. I am still a little butt hurt over Zach Britton in pinstripes.  fudge Georgia and fudge the Yankees!
Any word on what hat Mussina will wear into the Hall?  I don't have a dog in the fight, but if he goes in with a NYY hat, I'm going to be pissed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #599 on: January 23, 2019, 10:07:29 AM »
Any word on what hat Mussina will wear into the Hall?  I don't have a dog in the fight, but if he goes in with a NYY hat, I'm going to be pissed.
What is Curt Schilling going to wear?  

Wait, what?  It's the Major Liberal Baseball Hall of Fame now?  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions