Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

2018 Installment of MLB Bitchin' & Moanin'

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: 2018 Installment of MLB Bitchin' & Moanin'
« Reply #540 on: October 10, 2018, 06:42:28 AM »
However, the Sox rain on the Yankee parade on their home field...again.  Glorious!
Great performance with the exception of Kimbrel.  I've watched the guy in prime time.  I said when they made the call, this was going to be a shitfest.  He's not mentally ready for that pressure, and it showed big time. The great ones have it.  He ain't got it.  Yet.  Maybe he will.  Boston should have lost that game with the way he pitched.

Anyway, great win for the Sox to send them to a match up with Houston.  I love Boston's chances with the way everyone seems to be clicking again.
Agree on Kimbrell.  Need to close a game against the Marlins in June?  He’s the man.  Game means something? His nuts fall off. Just as likely to give up an eight-run homer as he is to lock down the win.  I cringed when they called him in. 

I saw him choke like that when he was with the Braves. 

I have to say, though, that part of his problem was the umpire.  He threw four pitches that should have been strikes and rung up the first hitter.  Every one of those pitches was closer than the ones the ump “hyuuuhhh’ed” in sitting down Sox hitters.  That’s bullshit walk got in his head. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #541 on: October 10, 2018, 10:01:55 AM »
Agree on Kimbrell.  Need to close a game against the Marlins in June?  He’s the man.  Game means something? His nuts fall off. Just as likely to give up an eight-run homer as he is to lock down the win.  I cringed when they called him in.

I saw him choke like that when he was with the Braves.

I have to say, though, that part of his problem was the umpire.  He threw four pitches that should have been strikes and rung up the first hitter.  Every one of those pitches was closer than the ones the ump “hyuuuhhh’ed” in sitting down Sox hitters.  That’s bullshit walk got in his head.
Yep.  Angel Hernandez is one of the worst.  Have no idea how he made the playoffs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #542 on: October 10, 2018, 10:06:47 AM »
I hope the Astros beat the Red Sox into a bloody pulp. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #543 on: October 10, 2018, 10:32:29 AM »
When do pitchers and catchers report?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #544 on: October 10, 2018, 10:54:19 AM »
People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #545 on: October 10, 2018, 02:35:12 PM »
I hope the Astros beat the Red Sox into a bloody pulp.
Hush now.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #547 on: October 17, 2018, 04:22:37 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #548 on: October 18, 2018, 08:38:06 AM »
Craig Kimbrell is a choke artist.  

He is NOT the answer.  Trotting his hillbilly ass out there is about the only thing I question about the moves Alex Cora makes as manager.  

Watching that redneck moron pitch makes me queasy.  I nearly vomit when I see him come in from the pen.  The Sox are lucky (and thanks to some incredible defensive plays) they're not in a 1-3 hole because of that assclown. 

I didn't like Kimbrell when he was a Brave and I don't like him now.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #549 on: October 18, 2018, 08:58:33 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #550 on: October 28, 2018, 11:40:55 PM »
On September 5 I said this about the Red Sox: 

Boston may be the best baseball team I’ve ever seen.

Tonight, and throughout this World Series, that feeling was confirmed.  Top to bottom this is the best baseball TEAM I've ever seen.  I've seen better individual players, but this was the most complete team (maybe in any sport) I've ever had the opportunity to watch.  

I'm grateful that I got to see them play in Atlanta (and sweep the Braves) in September. 

I was baffled when the Sox got rid of Farrell after two straight division titles and then brought in Cora, but it was a brilliant move.  Every decision Cora made pretty much all season long (except for when he kept trotting Kimbrell out there) was spot on.  

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #551 on: October 29, 2018, 12:06:32 AM »
Congrats, Kaos!  And I guess Snags, too. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #552 on: October 29, 2018, 01:08:43 AM »
Congrats, Kaos!  And I guess Snags, too.

I love baseball.  It does my heart good to see a team devoid of superstars and not prone to the "look at me" preening I see from some of the others (and from the Sox in the past, honestly). 

I despise Puig.  Nothing but contempt for Machado.  That guy is a dirty player and an assclown.  Loved watching him whiff for the final out tonight. 

It wasn't a great series. Boston was substantially better than the rest of the field.  (FWIW, the best World Series I ever saw was the Twins-Braves seven-game masterpiece.  Just wish Atlanta had won that one).  The Friday night game nearly broke me. 

I actually went to a showing of Rocky Horror Picture Show (what a fun freakshow) at 9 Friday and thought I was going to miss the game. But nope.  Date was over about 11 and got home in time to see the Sox take and then squander the lead.  Watched that until it was over. Had to be up at six the next morning to take care of some stuff and was a zombie the rest of the day. 

Last night when Puig hit that three-run homer and then strutted and flexed around the bases I thought, "well that might fire the Sox up."  Definitely broke the bats out for the final three innings.  I almost turned it off but remembered watching Boston erase a 7-1 lead in the seventh against Atlanta. 

Never really thought LA had a chance tonight.  The 18-inning game may have taken a lot out of Boston, but that nine-run rampage Saturday broke the Dodgers spirit.  I don't much care for LA.  Never did. That dates back to when the Braves were in the NL West. 

Edit to add:  Apparently I owe a lot to Aaron Judge as well.  When that cocky Yankee asshole strutted out of Fenway with his boombox blaring, that lit an additional fire under this team.  Watching the entire Boston team mock his freaky-looking gray ass in a champagne/beer soaked celebration was simultaneously satisfying and a little sad.  Fuck the Yankees. Don't even let them be in your head when you just won the World Series. 

I hate that it's over.  Pitchers and catchers report February 13.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 02:02:09 AM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #553 on: October 29, 2018, 09:52:04 AM »
I'm pumped about the Sox winning it but honestly, I saw less of this series than any I can remember.  We were on the road coming back from Atlanta last night and by the time we unloaded and turned on the tube, the scroll said the Red Sox won.  Yay!

It's funny because growing up, I was a Braves fan but the Yankees were the bomb.  Or Bronx Bombers.  It was more about the names, the stars.  Lou Piniella, Thurman Munson, Craig Nettles, Micky Rivers, Catfish Hunter and on and on.  The Red Sox were the flies in the ointment, Hans. Just pesky, little brothers that needed to be dealt with every now and then.  Me and my pops loved our Braves and Yankees.

But then baseball...sports changed.  It became all about money and free agency.  Your team and the names changed every season and it became apparent that the Yankees' goal was only to out spend everyone and try to buy a championship every year.  It quickly turned from knowing and loving your team, to what the hell have you done to the organization....to baseball.  It quickly turned to hate. And my AL favorite started shifting toward their most hated rival.

Also, the Red Sox were the Cubs of the AL.  The loveable losers who seemed cursed...by the Bambino.  I started pulling for them not only to beat the evil empire, but to break that curse as well.  While they've long since put that behind them, the truth is they didn't start competing until they started throwing insane cash at the free agency market.  Now, they're right up there at the top of the arms race.

K, you may be right about this being the best "team".  They certainly proved it numbers-wise.  But on a sheer collection of talent basis, I'll still take the Big Red Machine in Cincy.  Hated them, but only because I knew they were unstoppable.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 09:53:54 AM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #554 on: October 29, 2018, 10:01:07 AM »
I'm pumped about the Sox winning it but honestly, I saw less of this series than any I can remember.  We were on the road coming back from Atlanta last night and by the time we unloaded and turned on the tube, the scroll said the Red Sox won.  Yay!

It's funny because growing up, I was a Braves fan but the Yankees were the bomb.  Or Bronx Bombers.  It was more about the names, the stars.  Lou Piniella, Thurman Munson, Craig Nettles, Micky Rivers, Catfish Hunter and on and on.  The Red Sox were the flies in the ointment, Hans. Just pesky, little brothers that needed to be dealt with every now and then.  Me and my pops loved our Braves and Yankees.

But then baseball...sports changed.  It became all about money and free agency.  Your team and the names changed every season and it became apparent that the Yankees' goal was only to out spend everyone and try to buy a championship every year.  It quickly turned from knowing and loving your team, to what the hell have you done to the organization....to baseball.  It quickly turned to hate. And my AL favorite started shifting toward their most hated rival.

Also, the Red Sox were the Cubs of the AL.  The loveable losers who seemed cursed...by the Bambino.  I started pulling for them not only to beat the evil empire, but to break that curse as well.  While they've long since put that behind them, the truth is they didn't start competing until they started throwing insane cash at the dree agency market.  Now, they're right up there at the top of the arms race.

K, you may be right about this being the best "team".  They certainly proved it numbers-wise.  But on a sheer collection of talent basis, I'll still take the Big Red Machine in Cincy.  Hated them, but only because I knew they were unstoppable.
The yankees are and always have been the Bama of baseball.  F.U.C.K the Yankees.  

The Red Sox have always been us.  1918 = 1957.  

There were a lot of teams that had more talent.  Cincy had four (should be five) Hall of Famers.  Are there any Hall candidates on this team?  I'm not sure.  Maybe over time they get there but I don't really think so.  

Just found this edition of the Sox to be grinders. No big stars, no Big Papi, no Manny, just a bunch of guys following the rules of fundamental baseball. No easy outs. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #555 on: October 29, 2018, 10:26:25 AM »
The yankees are and always have been the Bama of baseball.  F.U.C.K the Yankees. 

The Red Sox have always been us.  1918 = 1957. 

There were a lot of teams that had more talent.  Cincy had four (should be five) Hall of Famers.  Are there any Hall candidates on this team?  I'm not sure.  Maybe over time they get there but I don't really think so. 

Just found this edition of the Sox to be grinders. No big stars, no Big Papi, no Manny, just a bunch of guys following the rules of fundamental baseball. No easy outs.
And it was the role players who made the biggest contributions.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #556 on: October 29, 2018, 12:09:11 PM »
So the Bravos didn't make the series?  Shocked I tell you!  Flabbergasted even!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #557 on: October 29, 2018, 12:23:26 PM »
So the Bravos didn't make the series?  Shocked I tell you!  Flabbergasted even!
You know, I'm starting to think you weren't being very sincere.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #558 on: October 29, 2018, 12:30:50 PM »
You know, I'm starting to think you weren't being very sincere.
Your words are hurtful and you will not be seeing me at the pancake social on Tuesday!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #559 on: October 29, 2018, 11:38:21 PM »
So, where does Kershaw land?  Back in L.A.?  Do the evil Yankme's break out the check book again?  Do the BoSox jump in?  What about the Astros? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions