Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

2018 Installment of MLB Bitchin' & Moanin'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: 2018 Installment of MLB Bitchin' & Moanin'
« Reply #480 on: September 19, 2018, 03:35:08 PM »
7-3.  Finally got a win.  Jeez, this is going to be a long last 10 games.  I just want to win the division. I honestly don't care what happens in the playoffs because we've shown we don't match up with the Cubs/Brewers/Dodgers etc.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #481 on: September 19, 2018, 04:08:57 PM »
7-3.  Finally got a win.  Jeez, this is going to be a long last 10 games.  I just want to win the division. I honestly don't care what happens in the playoffs because we've shown we don't match up with the Cubs/Brewers/Dodgers etc. 
Got the Phillies coming in. It would be nice to jump on that and #themtoo!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #482 on: September 19, 2018, 04:18:51 PM »
Got the Phillies coming in. It would be nice to jump on that and #themtoo!
Magic number is 6 and could go down to 5 if the Mets take one from the Phillies tonight.  If they can take 2 of 3 against the ponies, I'll start to believe. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #483 on: September 21, 2018, 12:06:23 AM »
Bravos took care of business 8-3 against the Phillies to drop the magic number to 4.  They play the last 3 of the regular season at Sun Trust against the Ponies.  I'll settle for a split in the series, which would mean one Braves win and one Phillies loss after that seals the division.  Need 1 of the next 3. 

In other news, the Cubbies play the White Sox and one would assume they'll handle their bidnezz in that series.  So, the Wild Card in the NL comes down to the Brewers and Cards.  The Rockies and Snakes are behind them.  Brewers at 87-66 and the Cards at 84-69, both with 9 to play.

The Brew Crew is on the road to a decent Pirates club while the Red Birds host the lowly Giants.  Let's say the Cards take 2 of 3 and the Brewers lose 2 of 3.  Holy shit, what a 6 game finish.  I'm pulling for it.

Honestly, if all 3 of our teams somehow make it in.....wow!!!!!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #484 on: September 21, 2018, 07:39:04 AM »
Then you are going to love next week, Snags. After the series vs the Giants, 3 vs Brewers, 3 at Cubs. 

And that’s why I think Cards won’t make it. That’s a hard last 6 games. 

Rockies:  3 vs Dbacks, 4 vs Philly, 3 vs Nats

Rockies have a much easier road. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #485 on: September 21, 2018, 09:04:47 AM »
I'm rooting for 3 Central teams to make the playoffs.  That would be historic.  Would that be historic?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #486 on: September 21, 2018, 09:50:13 AM »
I'm rooting for 3 Central teams to make the playoffs.  That would be historic.  Would that be historic?
Cubs, Brewers, and Pirates?

You sick fuck.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #487 on: September 21, 2018, 11:31:00 PM »
Braves got the win I wanted to knock it down to 2 as the magic number with 8 to play.  Hold my breath and wait it out. 

White Sox pounded the Cubbies.  Brew Crew up 7-3 on the Buccos while the Cards and Giants are locked 3-3.  Not what I was looking for in the Central.  Cards need to pull that one out to keep pace.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #488 on: September 23, 2018, 01:22:08 AM »
Sorry, but despite feeling like a loss after a 34-3 Auburn win, I'm celebrating a Bravos division victory.  Look, I've said it several times.  We've proven we don't match up with the big boys.  So, I expect an early post season exit.  That's fine.  As I said prior to the season, even top management was saying this year was only about finding out what young guys would be part of the plan going forward.  Kudos to Snitker.  Manager of the Year, Hands down.

Now, I beg to differ with Jar on the importance of the race in the NL Central.  The 2nd place team will absolutely win the WC.  With 7 games to play, the Brew Crew holds a 2 game lead on the Cards.  Cubs are in regardless. 

Gawt Damn It, Come on Cards.  Win out.  Cubs/Cards/Braves/Dodgers gives me wood.  Fuck the Brewers.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #489 on: September 23, 2018, 11:06:30 PM »
I posted the above without looking at the schedule.  Brewers come to St. Louis for 3 with a 2 game lead?  Are you fucking serious? This could be epic.  It's right there in front of you.  6 games to play for everybody. 

This is absolutely my favorite time of the year.  College football getting in full swing.  MLB races winding down and getting exciting.  NFL (Yeah, I know) getting cranked up. 

Just need the temp to drop below 96 every day and it will be 100% better.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #490 on: September 24, 2018, 11:22:43 AM »
The bravos have proven me wrong.  I sincerely believed they would tank the organization getting rid of the young team they built a few years ago.  They made some bad expenditures with Uggla and the brothers who sucked up the outfield.  They dumped contracts, dumped great young talent, dumped a stadium in a shitty part of town and upgraded on all fronts.  The stadium and area around it is fantastic.  The young talent they have in the field of play is incredible.  The farm system has worked beautifully.  

BUT....they are going to have to buy the arms.  Pitching will get Atlanta beat in any 7 game series they play.  Starters are above average but the bullpen is garbage.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #491 on: September 24, 2018, 01:31:25 PM »
The bravos have proven me wrong.  I sincerely believed they would tank the organization getting rid of the young team they built a few years ago.  They made some bad expenditures with Uggla and the brothers who sucked up the outfield.  They dumped contracts, dumped great young talent, dumped a stadium in a shitty part of town and upgraded on all fronts.  The stadium and area around it is fantastic.  The young talent they have in the field of play is incredible.  The farm system has worked beautifully. 

BUT....they are going to have to buy the arms.  Pitching will get Atlanta beat in any 7 game series they play.  Starters are above average but the bullpen is garbage. 
Several things happened.  Freeman stayed healthy and had the type year he should every year.  Markakis had a career year. Off the charts.  And, the young guns of Acuna,Jr. Albies and Camargo exceeded all expectations.  Spot on with the pitching.  Above average at best, but kept them in the game all season long.  If I was handling the "tweaking" in the off season, I'd find two legit starters, as you said.  And I'd probably package Swanson with some farm talent to go get a big time bat. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #492 on: September 24, 2018, 05:19:50 PM »
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2797298-mlb-playoff-picture-2018-bracket-odds-wild-card-standings-entering-last-week

So let's take a closer look at the remaining schedules for each of those five teams:
  • CHC: vs. PIT (4), vs. STL (3)
  • MIL: at STL (3), vs. DET (3)
  • STL: vs. MIL (3), at CHC (3)
  • LAD: at ARI (3), at SF (3)
  • COL: vs. PHI (4), vs. WAS (3)
And here's a look at how each team has performed in September, to give an idea of their momentum:
  • CHC: 12-9 (+5 RD)
  • MIL: 13-7 (+43 RD)
  • STL: 11-10 (+8 RD)
  • LAD: 14-7 (+47 RD)
  • COL: 13-8 (+22 RD)
The Cardinals have the toughest road ahead as they face off against the Cubs and Brewers. That also means they control their own destiny to some degree, as a big final week could vault them into the division lead.

The Rockies might actually have the most favorable remaining schedule with series against a pair of non-contenders at home, but they're at an obvious disadvantage with a 1.5-game deficit to bridge in both the wild-card race and the NL West standings.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #493 on: September 24, 2018, 06:29:51 PM »
The Cards send Jack Flaherty to the bump tonight. RHP who has a 1.00 ERA against the Brewers in 18 innings this year.

Milwaukee counters with Dan Jennings, a lefty making his first career start after 300 plus appearances out of the bullpen.

Seems like a strange move but wasn't it the Brewers doing a pitch by committee dealio where they run somebody new out every couple of innings.  Or was that someone else?  Either way, you have to like the initial match up. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #494 on: September 24, 2018, 06:38:11 PM »
I thought that too, Snags.  Guess they figure they have a 4 game lead for the WC, and if they can just go .500, they will have a game at home.  Maybe they are just resting someone?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #495 on: September 24, 2018, 07:00:02 PM »
I thought that too, Snags.  Guess they figure they have a 4 game lead for the WC, and if they can just go .500, they will have a game at home.  Maybe they are just resting someone?
Okay, clue me in here.  The standings I just checked have the NL wild card down to 3 teams.

1. Brewers
2. Cards -2
3. Rockies  -3.5

You have 3 with the Brewers at home and 3 in Murderville.  What am I missing?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #496 on: September 24, 2018, 07:03:46 PM »
Okay, clue me in here.  The standings I just checked have the NL wild card down to 3 teams.

1. Brewers
2. Cards -2
3. Rockies  -3.5

You have 3 with the Brewers at home and 3 in Murderville.  What am I missing?
Meaning the Brewers.  They are 4 (well, 3.5) games up on the Rockies.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #497 on: September 24, 2018, 07:22:25 PM »
Meaning the Brewers.  They are 4 (well, 3.5) games up on the Rockies.
Still not following, Big Dan.  They're only 2 up on you guys.  Take the first 2 at home and you're tied for the WC lead, their organization goes into panic mode and the players start drinking heavily and popping anti-depressants like tic-tacs and Craig Counsell decides to try and fix things by having his hitters employ his old hitting style.  It will be epic.

Image result for Craig Counsell images
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #498 on: September 24, 2018, 07:28:40 PM »
Still not following, Big Dan.  They're only 2 up on you guys.  Take the first 2 at home and you're tied for the WC lead, their organization goes into panic mode and the players start drinking heavily and popping anti-depressants like tic-tacs and Craig Counsell decides to try and fix things by having his hitters employ his old hitting style.  It will be epic.

Image result for Craig Counsell images
They are 3.5 up on the Rockies.  I errored when I said 4 games up.  I should have said 3.5.  Meaning if they (the Brewers) just go .500, they are in.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #499 on: September 24, 2018, 07:29:23 PM »
Math is hard.  Can we just say Fuck Georgia?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions