Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

2018 Installment of MLB Bitchin' & Moanin'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: 2018 Installment of MLB Bitchin' & Moanin'
« Reply #340 on: July 31, 2018, 04:12:42 PM »
Screw all of y'all. The Braves continue to wheel and deal minutes before the trade deadline by getting RHP Kevin Gausman from the Orioles. 5-8 with a 4.43 ERA.

#winning

No, we don't go after Matt Harvey.  We don't want Hamels.  No need for Manny Machado or Bryce Harper.  We head into the 2nd half of the season with a .205 hitter and a 5-8 pitcher.  :dance2::taz:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #341 on: July 31, 2018, 04:34:50 PM »
Screw all of y'all. The Braves continue to wheel and deal minutes before the trade deadline by getting RHP Kevin Gausman from the Orioles. 5-8 with a 4.43 ERA.

#winning

No, we don't go after Matt Harvey.  We don't want Hamels.  No need for Manny Machado or Bryce Harper.  We head into the 2nd half of the season with a .205 hitter and a 5-8 pitcher.  :dance2::taz:
CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!!1
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #342 on: August 01, 2018, 09:12:26 AM »
How many more games until the Braves clinch?  Asking for a friend.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #343 on: August 01, 2018, 09:44:15 AM »
How many more games until the Braves clinch?  Asking for a friend.
Don't you have clothes to wash?  Or a sock drawer to rearrange or something?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #344 on: August 01, 2018, 12:17:30 PM »
Don't you have clothes to wash?  Or a sock drawer to rearrange or something?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #345 on: August 03, 2018, 10:42:39 PM »
Okay, we're pretty much about 110 games in.  But still, tons of biesbol to play.  Observations:

The Yank Me's are 28 games over .500.  Twenty Eight Games.  And they're 7.5 games back of my Sox.  Yeah, I said it again.  My AL bandwagon team, Boston.  The Sox are as hot as any team I've seen in forever.

Contrast that with the Indians, who are only 11 games over .500 and 10 games up in the Central.  What a shitty conference.  And how quickly have the Royals gone from World Series penthouse to the cellar dweller outhouse.  40 games under .500.

The Astros continue to roll at 28 games over .500 but the A's are suddenly the surprise team.  They've overtaken Seattle and are only 5 games back.  Wildcard?

In the NL, the Braves and Phillies are essentially tied for first with both teams 12 games over .500.  I still can't help but think the Nats, at 5 games out, will make a run and take the division.

Cubs maintain a 17 games over .500 pace but the damn Brew Crew won't go away at 1.5 games back.  Cards and Pirates lurking at 7 back with mucho ball to play.

I continue to laugh at the Dodgers. How much money can you possibly waste?  Yeah, they're in first.  But the D'backs, Rockies and Giants are right there within easy striking distance.

Okay, on another note, I saw a factoid the other day saying my Bravos have not won a playoff series since 2001.  That's F'ing pathetic and sad.  While I'm stoked with how they're playing this year, I still have no illusions they'll get in, much less win anything.  But, I'm definitely pumped with the young talent and a long term plan that looks like it's coming to fruition.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 10:44:29 PM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #346 on: August 06, 2018, 09:31:54 AM »
That was fun.  

Watched the Yankees blow a 4-1 lead in the bottom of the ninth last night and lose to the Red Sox in ten.  

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #347 on: August 06, 2018, 10:13:23 AM »
That was fun. 

Watched the Yankees blow a 4-1 lead in the bottom of the ninth last night and lose to the Red Sox in ten. 
Warmed my Bosox bandwagon heart.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #348 on: August 06, 2018, 11:00:25 AM »
Warmed my Bosox bandwagon heart.
I'm bandwagon too.   Braves fan for always, all the way back to Rafael Ramierez, Claudell Washington, Neikro, Dusty Baker, Murph, Horner.. watched them on TBS on my grandmother's 19" color TV to start.  She loved the Braves. 

Jumped on the Red Sox wagon in the 90s for reasons unknown.  Mostly because I hated the Yankees (this girl I liked was a Royals fan and she hated the Yankees, so I did too).  

Was baptized as a Red Sox fan in 2004 in Yankee Stadium.  Watched Pedro pitch as the Sox swept New York and realized just how much Boston v. NY was like Auburn v. Alabama  -- and we were definitely the Sox.  Any possible lingering doubts were erased.  For every 10 pieces of AU gear I've probably got seven Red Sox and two Panthers.  

Can't wait until September and the Braves/Sox series that's looking better and better by the day.  Even though it's in Atlanta I'll wear Boston gear two days and Atlanta gear one (and it'll be old school fat/round A, not the Bama-looking script).  Have decided to make a week of it.  Gonna go over Friday, do the AU/Washington kickoff game if I can Saturday, chill Sunday and Braves/Sox Monday-Wednesday. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #349 on: August 07, 2018, 10:27:30 PM »
Braves get a split in the double header at Washington.  So far they're 4-2 on the road trip.  Cards handled their business and the Cubs are comfortably in front 4-0 in the 7th.  Damn Brewers won't go away and the Phillies have decided to go from super shitty last year (Like the Braves) to "We ain't going anywhere neither."  However, they're out in the desert to play the league leading D-backs for a series.  Come on, Snakes.

The AL has several super teams, but the races are so damn anti-climatic.  Anyone think the playoffs won't be the Bosox, Yankees, Indians and Astros?  Not me.  But I have to admit, I can't name one damn person on the A's and they are kicking ass right now.  5 games back of the Stros.  No worries for Houston, though.  They're doing this with half their line up on the DL.  They'll get healthy and blow it open at the end.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #350 on: August 08, 2018, 10:45:00 PM »
Bravos take game 3 from the Nats in Washington.  Played long ball, including a 450+ foot rocket to center by Ronald Acuna.

Speaking of the long ball, which chicks dig, what in the wide, wide world of sports is going on with Matt Carpenter? Jar, your boy has got to be juicing.  Leading the NL in home runs from the lead off spot.  It's a funny looking stat but he's got 30+ HR's and only what...62 RBI's?  But he starts the game with nobody on base and most of his at bats follow the pitcher's spot.  Dude is killing it.

You guys should turn into ATL fans this weekend with the Brewers coming to Suntrust.  Scares me, though.  They've kind of hit their stride again. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #351 on: August 08, 2018, 10:48:55 PM »
Apparently about two months ago, Adam Wainwright made Carp some salsa, and he took off. Also, only everyday guy this season to not hit into a double play. Absolutely having an mvp type season. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #352 on: August 08, 2018, 10:55:56 PM »
Apparently about two months ago, Adam Wainwright made Carp some salsa, and he took off. Also, only everyday guy this season to not hit into a double play. Absolutely having an mvp type season.
Braves announcers were talking about him late in the game and they asked the question, which they had no clue about the answer to.  Has a lead off hitter ever lead the NL in home runs?  I would say no, but confine it to the modern era, meaning maybe the 70's forward. 

That salsa must have had some deer antler spray on it.  Geez, the guy is locked in. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #353 on: August 08, 2018, 11:22:09 PM »
So naturally you think Ricky Henderson, but I don’t think he ever led the league. He just played about 47 seasons, and has the record for most HR to lead off a game. 

I’m shocked Rose didn’t have more home runs than he does (160). 

Did Soriano led the league in homers?

Maybe Brady Anderson back in the 90s?  I think he hit 50 one year, and I think he was a lead off hitter. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #354 on: August 08, 2018, 11:53:17 PM »
So naturally you think Ricky Henderson, but I don’t think he ever led the league. He just played about 47 seasons, and has the record for most HR to lead off a game.

I’m shocked Rose didn’t have more home runs than he does (160).

Did Soriano led the league in homers?

Maybe Brady Anderson back in the 90s?  I think he hit 50 one year, and I think he was a lead off hitter.
The question was narrowed to the NL.  I think Brady Anderson's stats were tainted by the dreaded steroid asterisk. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #355 on: August 09, 2018, 07:41:40 AM »
The question was narrowed to the NL.  I think Brady Anderson's stats were tainted by the dreaded steroid asterisk.
I'm reasonable sure that Anthony Rizzo, if he hasn't already done it, will do it every single year that he plays.  He will hit more home runs in the world series this year than Barry Bonds did in his career.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #356 on: August 09, 2018, 09:36:21 AM »
Pretty cool that he found a way to get steroids into that salsa.

Seriously though, I watched A-Rod's interview of him during a rain delay a couple weeks back.  His story is pretty awesome.  Why do y'all have to keep getting these good guys that I have to like?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #357 on: August 09, 2018, 11:41:43 AM »
Pretty cool that he found a way to get steroids into that salsa.

Seriously though, I watched A-Rod's interview of him during a rain delay a couple weeks back.  His story is pretty awesome.  Why do y'all have to keep getting these good guys that I have to like?
I feel the same way about Bryant and Rizzo.  At least with Ross, there was an Auburn connection, and I didn't feel bad rooting for him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #358 on: August 09, 2018, 11:57:21 AM »
:hug:

You guys are so cute.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #359 on: August 09, 2018, 02:15:39 PM »
:hug:

You guys are so cute. 
Jealousy is a stinky cologne
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions