Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

2018 Installment of MLB Bitchin' & Moanin'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: 2018 Installment of MLB Bitchin' & Moanin'
« Reply #280 on: July 16, 2018, 11:36:08 AM »
Lol!  Don't you look dumber here than in real life....wait...wut?
I may not be very good looking, but I sure am fat. 

So, what do your Birds get for Machado?  Prospects?  Load the farm system? 

Speaking of Manny's, how'd you like the Pack-E-Yow fight.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #281 on: July 16, 2018, 11:51:50 AM »
You sounded, um, taller on the radio
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #282 on: July 16, 2018, 11:53:48 AM »
I may not be very good looking, but I sure am fat. 

So, what do your Birds get for Machado?  Prospects?  Load the farm system? 

Speaking of Manny's, how'd you like the Pack-E-Yow fight.
He goes to the Brewers, Phillies or Dog Ass Dodgers more than likely.  I have no clue what we get in return.  Rumor was the Yank Me's wanted to give up 10 prospects for him.  It wouldn't surprise me if the front office pushed that to get more teams on board in the sweepstakes and up the ante.  Yanks have said that was over exaggerated.  I just want a four horseman style pitching rotation.  Good pitching beats good hitting 9 times out of 10. 

I watched highlights of the fight.  Pac Man had a good performance, but Matthysse apparently didn't have a great fight, just average.  Good win, but I am not getting back on the hype train.  He is 39 after all and in the boxing world that makes him older than you. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #283 on: July 16, 2018, 12:11:31 PM »
He goes to the Brewers, Phillies or Dog Ass Dodgers more than likely.  I have no clue what we get in return.  Rumor was the Yank Me's wanted to give up 10 prospects for him.  It wouldn't surprise me if the front office pushed that to get more teams on board in the sweepstakes and up the ante.  Yanks have said that was over exaggerated.  I just want a four horseman style pitching rotation.  Good pitching beats good hitting 9 times out of 10. 

I watched highlights of the fight.  Pac Man had a good performance, but Matthysse apparently didn't have a great fight, just average.  Good win, but I am not getting back on the hype train.  He is 39 after all and in the boxing world that makes him older than you.
I'm not in good shape for a man my age.  So, you only want Palmer, McNally, Cuellar and Dobson for Machado?  Sounds reasonable.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #284 on: July 16, 2018, 12:22:48 PM »
I think at a game over .500 there was no sense not to do it.  Did I see where they booted the hitting coach too? Mabry?

Yep. He gone. 

And that’s where my beef with Matheny had been. Since Big Mac left, we’ve gotten worse in hitting every year. I thought he should have been fired two years ago. And I get loyalty, but you being loyal to this guy cost you your job. 

If Carpenter, Pham, Wong, and Fowler were just within 10% of how they were hitting last year, we would at worse be a game within the cubs. 

But a lot of things being said in StL this past weekend about how toxic the clubhouse had become. Apparently Fowler had blocked Matheny’s number, and they hadn’t spoken since May. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #285 on: July 16, 2018, 12:26:34 PM »
So, never? 
I can’t wait for the Cubs to win 120 games this year, and then get into the playoffs and sweep the Dodgers, then the Braves, and then the Yankees and be crowned the greatest team ever. And then they just move into the locker room at Soldier field and go 17-0 before winning the Super Bowl (they, of course, will be driving the Ditka bus). 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #286 on: July 16, 2018, 12:34:38 PM »
I can’t wait for the Cubs to win 120 games this year, and then get into the playoffs and sweep the Dodgers, then the Braves, and then the Yankees and be crowned the greatest team ever. And then they just move into the locker room at Soldier field and go 17-0 before winning the Super Bowl (they, of course, will be driving the Ditka bus).
Image result for Chicago Cubs images
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #287 on: July 16, 2018, 12:58:42 PM »
Image result for Chicago Cubs images
It it will be just like that, except the heavens will open, and Jesus will descend, and ask Theo if he wants to sit on the right or the left. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #288 on: July 16, 2018, 01:45:43 PM »
It it will be just like that, except the heavens will open, and Jesus will descend, and ask Theo if he wants to sit on the right or the left.
^^^Gets it^^^
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #289 on: July 16, 2018, 01:46:09 PM »
Mini Ditkas ftw!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #290 on: July 16, 2018, 03:12:26 PM »
I'm not in good shape for a man my age.  So, you only want Palmer, McNally, Cuellar and Dobson for Machado?  Sounds reasonable.
Yeah, so....I see no issue with that wish.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #291 on: July 16, 2018, 03:20:08 PM »
Yeah, so....I see no issue with that wish.
That's a feat that we'll never witness again.  It's getting more and more rare just to get one 20 game winner, much less four on one team.  Pitching has become so specialized and the way they're handled means that complete games are almost becoming a thing of the past.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #292 on: July 16, 2018, 03:22:38 PM »
That's a feat that we'll never witness again.  It's getting more and more rare just to get one 20 game winner, much less four on one team.  Pitching has become so specialized and the way they're handled means that complete games are almost becoming a thing of the past. 
Makes you appreciate the Glavine/Smoltz/Maddux starting 3 a lot more, doesn't it?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #293 on: July 16, 2018, 03:32:27 PM »
Makes you appreciate the Glavine/Smoltz/Maddux starting 3 a lot more, doesn't it?
Oh absolutely.  You had confidence every time one of them took the mound.  And they definitely could eat up the innings.

I read some quotes from Maddux years ago where he was talking about his pitching philosophy.  He said he knew exactly where every hitter wanted it.  (Not in the butt)  Then he would throw it right there....but not quite right there, causing ground outs and pop ups.  I imagine every time you had an at-bat against him, you'd come back to the dugout wondering why the hell you can't hit the guy. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #294 on: July 16, 2018, 03:42:26 PM »
Oh absolutely.  You had confidence every time one of them took the mound.  And they definitely could eat up the innings.

I read some quotes from Maddux years ago where he was talking about his pitching philosophy.  He said he knew exactly where every hitter wanted it.  (Not in the butt)  Then he would throw it right there....but not quite right there, causing ground outs and pop ups.  I imagine every time you had an at-bat against him, you'd come back to the dugout wondering why the hell you can't hit the guy.
I don't recall him ever throwing over 92-93mph on a fastball.  I loved watching him pitch, because it was just perfect placement.

"On January 8, 2014, he was voted into the Baseball Hall of Fame, in his first year of eligibility, receiving 97.2% of the votes."

I'd love to know the rational on not voting him in on the first ballot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #295 on: July 16, 2018, 03:52:21 PM »
I don't recall him ever throwing over 92-93mph on a fastball.  I loved watching him pitch, because it was just perfect placement.

"On January 8, 2014, he was voted into the Baseball Hall of Fame, in his first year of eligibility, receiving 97.2% of the votes."

Maybe Maddux had butt secks with the guy's wife.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #296 on: July 16, 2018, 03:53:09 PM »
Maybe Maddux had butt secks with the guy's wife.
I didn't know you were a HOF voter.  Congrats.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #297 on: July 16, 2018, 04:24:48 PM »
I didn't know you were a HOF voter.  Congrats.
I'm not a HOF voter. Where did you come up with.....wait...son of a....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #298 on: July 16, 2018, 04:39:01 PM »

Agreed.  I kind of thought Kyle Hendricks might follow the Maddux path for about a half a year or so...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #299 on: July 16, 2018, 04:59:10 PM »
That's a feat that we'll never witness again.  It's getting more and more rare just to get one 20 game winner, much less four on one team.  Pitching has become so specialized and the way they're handled means that complete games are almost becoming a thing of the past. 
Why do you hate me?  Why do you want to shit all over what I want for my team?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions