Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

2018 Installment of MLB Bitchin' & Moanin'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: 2018 Installment of MLB Bitchin' & Moanin'
« Reply #260 on: June 27, 2018, 10:51:00 PM »
Cards offense is so strange.  Last night, Matt Carpenter became the first Cardinal to record 5H, 5rbi, 2HR in one game.

But you watch, tonight, they will lose and only get 2 or 3 hits.
Yeah, but Cleveland is finally coming around after sleep walking through the first half of the season. Their pitching staff if 6th out on 15 in the AL, which is pretty damn stout.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #261 on: June 28, 2018, 11:16:25 AM »
So no one is going to bring up the fact that the dirty braves are killing people and storing them in the food coolers?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #262 on: June 28, 2018, 12:16:58 PM »
So no one is going to bring up the fact that the dirty braves are killing people and storing them in the food coolers?
Sssshhhhhh.....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #263 on: June 28, 2018, 12:25:07 PM »
Somebody forgot to tell them that Jobu prefers chickens...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #264 on: July 01, 2018, 11:03:54 PM »
Was hoping my AL team, the Red Sox could take the series from the Yanks and somewhat deflate them with the Braves coming into NY for a series.  Last I checked, the Yank Me's were up 9-0 and wall banging like hell.  So much for that. 

Break up the Reds.  Playing their 3rd first place team in a row and handling their business in all 3 series.  Jim Riggleman has them playing well right now.  Beating the Brew Crew keeps the Cubbies and Cards right there.  Even with a bad weekend, the Cards are 5 1/2 games out before the All Star break.  That's a mini hot streak away from being in first.

Cleveland starting to put a little separation between them and the rest of the division.  Slow, slow start but looking like the real deal now.  Astros and Mariners still tight but no way the Stro's total package doesn't wind up running away in the end. 

Gawt damn, so happy to still be this involved at the mid point in the season.  There's a few givens, IMO.  The BoSox and Yankees are the cream of the crop in the AL and probably all of baseball.  And I truly believe the Stro's will wind up easily taking their division.  Other than that, ain't nuthin' a given.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #265 on: July 02, 2018, 12:30:09 AM »
Nobody gonna talk about the Braves and the Cards?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #266 on: July 02, 2018, 12:44:08 AM »
Nobody gonna talk about the Braves and the Cards?
I'm not talking shit to Jar.  I'm starting to get cautiously optimistic but it's a long season and payback is hell. The Cards have a loooonnng history of success, maybe the best in all of baseball.  I'll just take this victory and move on to the Yanks. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #267 on: July 02, 2018, 08:51:02 AM »
You guys should talk about it.  Not talking shit if it's true.  You guys took it to us.  Congrats.

I was expecting a patented Buzz Killington broom when I opened the thread.

That game Saturday was everything I loathe about Mike Matheny. 

And while I appreciate the optimism, Snags, we both know that the Cards will be lucky to finish with 85 wins.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #268 on: July 02, 2018, 11:34:15 PM »
I'll be damn'd.  The Braves took game one in the Bronx on a homer by Ronald Acuna in the 12th or 13th or some shit. Watched the whole thing.  Was worried they'd be overmatched but they stayed with them hit for hit, run for run.  4-0 on the current road trip.  At some point, they might make me start believing.  But, I'm gonna' continue to stay reserved.

Freddie Freeman has gone in the tank.  He was around .340 a week or two ago.  He went 0-5 tonight and is sitting about .310.  But, everyone else seems to be doing enough to pick up the slack.  Sean Newcomb goes for the Braves tomorrow and he's the one guy I feel good about this season.

BTW, the fucking Yankees are a bunch of beasts.  Judge is 6'7' 282.  Jee-Anne-Carlo-Stanton is 6'6" 245.  Aroydis (sp?) Chapman was bringing every damn fastball up there at 102 to 104 m.p.h.  Are you serious?  104???? Consistently???

"MY" Sox take down the Nats 4-3 in D.C.  Hell of a road trip to start in New York, then go to Washington.  Bryce Harper put one in the upper deck tonight. Dude is sick skrong! 
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 11:39:40 PM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #269 on: July 03, 2018, 12:08:34 AM »
Alright, so the Cards are kicking some Rattler ass on the road right now.  They have 3 in Arizona and a series in San Fran (4) and then two against the White Sox in Chicago.  Then, they return home to face the Reds for 3 before the All Star break.  The Cubbies start a couple of home series against the Tigers (2) and the Reds for 3.  They venture to the Liberal Left Coast for 3 at the Giants and then 3 against the S.D. Fathers before the break. My hope is that both teams wind it down with maybe some 8-3 finishes. 

Following the All Star break, the Cards and Cubs start a series that should get the 2nd half off to a bang.  Looking forward to it. Ought to be good. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #270 on: July 03, 2018, 11:44:48 PM »
Saw this on the twatters earlier:

The #STLCards⁠ ⁠Attachment.png are 42-40. They’re 9-1 against the Reds.

The Reds are 37-48. They’re 1-9 against the Cardinals.

When the Reds & Cards don’t play each other, the Cardinals are 33-39. The Reds are 36-39.

So we obviously need to just play the Reds more. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #271 on: July 04, 2018, 12:11:54 AM »
Saw this on the twatters earlier:

So we obviously need to just play the Reds more.
Fuck sake man.  You just proved Big Foot does exist. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #272 on: July 05, 2018, 10:24:00 AM »
6 straight W's and still a game behind the fighting Ueckers.  They don't appear to be fading like everyone thinks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #273 on: July 05, 2018, 10:44:14 AM »
I'm getting to the point where I'd rather watch Smokey and the Bandit III and Caddyshack II than watch the Cardinals...

...Although we did take two of three vs Arizona.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #274 on: July 05, 2018, 10:52:31 AM »
The last two days, all I've heard is, "It is high.  It is far.  It is gone."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #275 on: July 15, 2018, 01:08:20 AM »
Didn’t think they’d do it in the middle of the season. But ding dong...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #276 on: July 15, 2018, 05:23:31 PM »
Didn’t think they’d do it in the middle of the season. But ding dong...
I think at a game over .500 there was no sense not to do it.  Did I see where they booted the hitting coach too? Mabry? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #277 on: July 15, 2018, 11:18:26 PM »
All Star Break.  Okay, my Braves at 10 games over .500 and essentially at the top the East?  Nope.  I never expected or predicted it.  I think they have the pitching and hitting to hang for the most part.  However, the East is wide freaking open.  The Phillies?  More improbable than the Braves.  And the Nats continue to languish at .500 ball.  Still anticipate the Nats taking control.

American League.  My Sox.  Yeah, go back and check 100 posts.  MY Sox, are almost 40 games over .500.  Yank Me's are 4.5 back at the break.  Cleveland has slowly, but suddenly picked it up and by season's end could be dangerous as hell.  The Stro's have taken control of their division and right now, the Mariners are a cinch for the Wild Card.

Buzz's Cubbies have quietly taken over the Division.  17 games over .500 and finally a 2.5 game cushion over the Brewers, who are 3-7 in their last 10.  Red Birds are 2 games over .500 and will start the 2nd half with new management. Verrrrry Intersting! I NEVER count St. Louis out. Awesome organization (When they're not cheating).  I still think this one goes down to the wire.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #278 on: July 16, 2018, 09:24:02 AM »
Buzz's Cubbies have quietly taken over the Division.  17 games over .500 and finally a 2.5 game cushion over the Brewers, who are 3-7 in their last 10.  Red Birds are 2 games over .500 and will start the 2nd half with new management. Verrrrry Intersting! I NEVER count St. Louis out. Awesome organization (When they're not cheating).  I still think this one goes down to the wire.
So, never?  
This is crazy...the NL looks to be 3 team races to the finish in all divisions.  If you'd told me back in April May June that the Cubbies would have the best record in the NL at the break, I would have laughed directly in yo face.

Starting to feel sorry for Seattle already though.  They started so great and most likely won't even get a wild card spot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #279 on: July 16, 2018, 11:20:11 AM »
NL
East - Nats
Central - Cards
West - Dodgers
WC1 - Cubs
WC2 - Mets

NLCS - Cards/Cubs
NL Champ - Cubs

AL
East - Orioles
Central - Orioles
West - Orioles
WC1 - Orioles
WC2 - Orioles

ALCS - Orioles/Orioles
AL Champ - Orioles

WS Winner - Astros
Lol!  Don't you look dumber here than in real life....wait...wut?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 11:30:17 AM by AUTiger1 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan