Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

2018 Installment of MLB Bitchin' & Moanin'

Re: 2018 Installment of MLB Bitchin' & Moanin'
« Reply #220 on: May 16, 2018, 10:14:10 AM »
Hitting coach John Mabry may be shown the door very, very soon...  please God, I'll refrain from making fun of the nutless wonder if you make this happen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #221 on: May 16, 2018, 10:26:16 AM »
Hitting coach John Mabry may be shown the door very, very soon...  please God, I'll refrain from making fun of the nutless wonder if you make this happen.
So, are the Cardinals not hitting the.....saayyy, wait just a damn minute.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #222 on: May 16, 2018, 06:28:25 PM »
So, are the Cardinals not hitting the.....saayyy, wait just a damn minute.
I meant Buzz.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #223 on: May 16, 2018, 10:51:26 PM »
The Cards finally get one from the Twinkies, hanging 7 on them in Minnesota.  Braves earned at least a split in the 4 game series with the Cubbies with a 4-1 win. All these games have been down to the last inning.  Just an observation here, which may be way off.  Despite 6 HR and 23 RBI's, I think Rizzo is part of the problem.  He's hitting .202.  Think about his production if the guy is just hitting a respectable .275-.280.  This guy has 14 HR and 40 RBI's.  Suddenly, all the close games go the Cubs way.  Also, the guys around him get better pitches to hit.  What say you, Buzz?  Am I full of shitake...like always?

Pirates and Brewers sitting atop the Central, but as I seem to say each and every year, they'll hang around for a while, but no way they have the staying power to put it together for a full season.  Still a Cubs/Cards division. 

One thing I heard on the Braves telecast tonight was them saying the Marlins beat the Dodgers again tonight....which means those two clubs have the same record.  Wow!  Doesn't hurt my feelings in the least.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #224 on: May 17, 2018, 12:10:29 AM »
The Cards finally get one from the Twinkies, hanging 7 on them in Minnesota.  Braves earned at least a split in the 4 game series with the Cubbies with a 4-1 win. All these games have been down to the last inning.  Just an observation here, which may be way off.  Despite 6 HR and 23 RBI's, I think Rizzo is part of the problem.  He's hitting .202.  Think about his production if the guy is just hitting a respectable .275-.280.  This guy has 14 HR and 40 RBI's.  Suddenly, all the close games go the Cubs way.  Also, the guys around him get better pitches to hit.  What say you, Buzz?  Am I full of shootake...like always?

Pirates and Brewers sitting atop the Central, but as I seem to say each and every year, they'll hang around for a while, but no way they have the staying power to put it together for a full season.  Still a Cubs/Cards division.

One thing I heard on the Braves telecast tonight was them saying the Marlins beat the Dodgers again tonight....which means those two clubs have the same record.  Wow!  Doesn't hurt my feelings in the least.
No doubt, Rizzo is not a part of the solution...so he has to be a part of the problem.  Their biggest issue to my untrained eye though is the same issue they had last season.  The lack of a true leadoff guy.  You know, that guy that could bunt for a hit then steal 2nd and 3rd, then score on a sac fly.  Instead, they have the guy that hacks at every piece of junk he sees and strikes out more than GF at a strip club.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #225 on: May 17, 2018, 12:50:16 AM »
No doubt, Rizzo is not a part of the solution...so he has to be a part of the problem.  Their biggest issue to my untrained eye though is the same issue they had last season.  The lack of a true leadoff guy.  You know, that guy that could bunt for a hit then steal 2nd and 3rd, then score on a sac fly.  Instead, they have the guy that hacks at every piece of junk he sees and strikes out more than GF at a strip club.
That's cold, brother.  Cold!  To your point, I miss the "old days" when most teams had a true lead off hitter.  Otis Nixon.  Rickey Henderson.  Brett Butler.  etc.  #1 was someone who could get on any way possible.  Threat to steal every time.  Number 2 was a slap hitter who could bunt, sacrifice...always put the ball in play.  Someone always on base for the 3-4-5 big boppers.  Lost art. 
Cubbies are loaded.  Just a matter of putting it together.  If Rizzo gets hot, I promise you the rest of the line up, which has been fine, will take off.  It's obvious their pitching will have them in every game.  Just get those bats going consistently. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #226 on: May 17, 2018, 10:15:06 AM »
Braves earned at least a split in the 4 game series with the Cubbies with a 4-1 win. All these games have been down to the last inning. 
These kids are starting to draw me back in...slowly.
They will peter out down the stretch (as youth does), but its nice to see a decent product on the field again.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #227 on: May 17, 2018, 10:15:23 AM »
The lack of a true leadoff guy. 
That's because you guys let him walk to STL.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #228 on: May 17, 2018, 10:47:28 AM »
Feel the Bern.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #229 on: May 17, 2018, 11:46:13 AM »
Ouch
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #230 on: May 17, 2018, 12:51:50 PM »
Ouch
I thought the only correct response was "we didn't want him anyway."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #231 on: May 17, 2018, 11:26:30 PM »
Phillies have been quietly playing solid ball all season.  Took down the Cards 6-2 on the road.  Hey Birds, we need you to get off your ass and bitch slap our closest competitors.  Do some of that Cardinal shit that you do out there.

Braves/Cubs rained out.  Red Sox handle the Orioles to go 30-14.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #232 on: May 18, 2018, 10:55:20 AM »
We're tanking quicker than Gene Chizik in 2012.  Not hitting + not scoring runs + mediocre bullpen + dysfunctional starting pitchers = Cubs 3rd straight division title.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #233 on: May 18, 2018, 10:58:41 AM »
We're tanking quicker than Gene Chizik in 2012.  Not hitting + not scoring runs + mediocre bullpen + dysfunctional starting pitchers = Cubs 3rd straight division title.
This is a given.  The regular season is just an afterthought.  A chance for the Cubs to get loose for the playoffs. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #234 on: May 18, 2018, 07:35:14 PM »
Cards put Paul DeJong (2B) and Matt Bowman (P) on the DL today.

Our DL could beat your DL, as joining DeJong and Bowman are:
Gregerson, Luke (P)   
Kelly, Carson (C)   
Leone, Dominic (P)   
Lyons, Tyler (P)   
Martinez, Carlos (P)   
Molina, Yadier (C)   
Reyes, Alex (P)   
Wainwright, Adam (P)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #235 on: May 20, 2018, 11:03:13 PM »
I hope this guy hits a batter, and we start calling him Wild Thing...

ESPN

Jordan Hicks throws two pitches clocked at 105 mph on Sunday

St. Louis Cardinals rookie right-hander Jordan Hicks hit 105 mph on the radar gun twice Sunday, becoming the first pitcher to throw multiple pitches at that speed in the same game in the past 10 seasons.

Current New York Yankees closer Aroldis Chapman is the only other pitcher to hit 105 mph on the radar gun during that time frame, the only span in which verifiable pitch-speed data has been kept, according to ESPN Stats & Information.

Hicks threw the two pitches to Philadelphia Phillies center fielder Odubel Herrera. In the five-pitch at-bat, in which Herrera struck out but reached first base on a wild pitch, Hicks threw sinkers clocked at 104, 105, 104, 105 and 103. According to Statcast, those were the five fastest pitches thrown this season.

In 1â…“ scoreless innings to finish out the Cardinals' 5-1 victory, Hicks threw 13 pitches that were clocked at least at 100 mph.

Hicks' velocity hasn't equaled big strikeout totals this season and he has walked more batters than he has fanned. In 22 innings he has nine strikeouts and 16 walks. He is 2-1 with a 2.05 ERA.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #236 on: May 21, 2018, 11:47:12 AM »
We wear caps and sleeves at this level, son.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #237 on: May 21, 2018, 11:59:01 AM »
Better teach him some control before he kills somebody.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #238 on: May 22, 2018, 11:07:07 PM »
Didn't post over the weekend as I was tanning my fat in sunny Destin, Florida.  A win tonight in Philly puts the Bravos at 29-18 and leading the division.  But, everyone from the Braves to the Phillies, Nationals and Mets are playing well above .500 ball so it's anybody's division to take. 

Cubbies got ass raped by the Indians tonight and last I saw, the Cards were down 3-1 at home to the Royals. Same situation in the Central. The Brew Crew, Cards, Pirates and Cubs are all well over .500 and only 3 games separate them all. The season is just a little over 30% or 372/950th of the way through.  Still so early but like I've been saying, I'm having a blast with all our teams right there in the mix. I would have been totally happy with .500 ball right now with my expectations coming in.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #239 on: May 27, 2018, 11:40:15 PM »
The Bravos salvaged a game in Boston but may have lost their young stud, Ronald Acuna Jr.   Twisted his knee horribly after beating out a ground ball.  He did walk off but won't know the results of an MRI til tomorrow. 

The 7-1 win puts them back in first with a 30-21 record.  Cards handled the Buccos again and the Cubs have things well in hand against SF.  The damn Brew Crew have built a 4 game cushion in the Central.  I say it every year and I've already said it 3 times this year.  They always start fast but will fade as the season wears on.  Cubs/Cards. 

The AL looks like the Red Sox, Yankees and Astros will be the boy dogs all season.  Everyone else is struggling to stay at .500. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions