Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

2018 Installment of MLB Bitchin' & Moanin'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: 2018 Installment of MLB Bitchin' & Moanin'
« Reply #140 on: April 24, 2018, 10:51:47 PM »
Like Jar said about his Cards the other day, happy with the way the Braves battled back today.  No-hit through 6.  Down big.  Fought their way back to a 7-7 tie.  Which is where they are now in the 12th...or 13th...or 15th or some shit.  They may not win but it looks like they have guys that want to win and give a shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #141 on: April 24, 2018, 11:08:06 PM »
Aaaannnd, just like that, we lose 9-7 to the only team in MLB worse than the Braves.  0-2 against the Reds.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #142 on: April 25, 2018, 07:57:32 AM »
Fuck the Mets, and the Cardinals shitty bullpen.  That is all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #143 on: April 25, 2018, 11:59:04 PM »
Braves get a comeback win with a top of the 9th run to beat the Reds 5-4.  13-10.  I can live with it early on.  One more in Cincy then they head to Philly.  Cubbies drop one in Cleveland while the Cards blast the Metros 9-1.

Anyone who loves baseball, please tell me what the call is here.  Top of the 9th.  4-4 ballgame.  First guy gets hit with a pitch.  Freeman singles.  First and second with no outs.  Aaaannnd you....

Maybe it's just me.  Maybe I was raised as a baseball purist.  But don't you bunt (Sacrifice) the winning runs over to 2nd and 3rd with 1 out?  Don't you feel good about your chances then? You stay out of the double play.  A fly ball to the outfield scores a run.  A ground ball to the right side scores a run.  A base hit scores two.  Yeah, maybe it's just me.  But the Braves let Markakis swing away and he grounds to 3rd and by the luck of the Gods, they can't turn a sure double play.  But what has happened to the lost art and strategy of the bunt?  I don't get it.

Observations.  My Red Sox (Yeah, that's my AL bandwagon, Anti-Yankees team) are 18-5.  Unfortunately, it looks like the Yank Me's are getting it together and going yard like Mark McGuire on Dianabol.  They're back to 14-9.  Should be a killer race.

As I've said for years, the Brew Crew always starts fast and hangs in there, but the cream rises to the top.  Same this year.  It's a Cubs/Cards race.

Two biggest surprises.  Dodgers at 11-12 and the Nats sitting 11-14.  Didn't see either of those coming.  But, it's still real early. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #144 on: April 26, 2018, 12:19:21 AM »
Braves get a comeback win with a top of the 9th run to beat the Reds 5-4.  13-10.  I can live with it early on.  One more in Cincy then they head to Philly.  Cubbies drop one in Cleveland while the Cards blast the Metros 9-1.

Anyone who loves baseball, please tell me what the call is here.  Top of the 9th.  4-4 ballgame.  First guy gets hit with a pitch.  Freeman singles.  First and second with no outs.  Aaaannnd you....

Maybe it's just me.  Maybe I was raised as a baseball purist.  But don't you bunt (Sacrifice) the winning runs over to 2nd and 3rd with 1 out?  Don't you feel good about your chances then? You stay out of the double play.  A fly ball to the outfield scores a run.  A ground ball to the right side scores a run.  A base hit scores two.  Yeah, maybe it's just me.  But the Braves let Markakis swing away and he grounds to 3rd and by the luck of the Gods, they can't turn a sure double play.  But what has happened to the lost art and strategy of the bunt?  I don't get it.

Observations.  My Red Sox (Yeah, that's my AL bandwagon, Anti-Yankees team) are 18-5.  Unfortunately, it looks like the Yank Me's are getting it together and going yard like Mark McGuire on Dianabol.  They're back to 14-9.  Should be a killer race.

As I've said for years, the Brew Crew always starts fast and hangs in there, but the cream rises to the top.  Same this year.  It's a Cubs/Cards race.

Two biggest surprises.  Dodgers at 11-12 and the Nats sitting 11-14.  Didn't see either of those coming.  But, it's still real early.
It depends on how slow your batter is. A bunt in the wrong place could still end up a DP!

But yeah, you bunt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #145 on: April 26, 2018, 09:17:48 AM »
But don't you bunt (Sacrifice) the winning runs over to 2nd and 3rd with 1 out? 
Well, he's your cleanup hitter.  I get the manager's thought there, but yes, I would have bunted them over.
And I checked the career AB vs Floro, and that was Markakis' first career Ab against him.
Maybe Snitker thought he could jack one?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #146 on: April 26, 2018, 10:00:37 AM »
You bunt that shit right down the 3rd base line.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #147 on: April 26, 2018, 10:13:37 AM »
I think bunting is just an afterthought in MLB.  You rarely see it and when you do, they look like they've never practiced it in their life.  And managers would never dream of making a high profile player sacrifice himself in any situation. 

Admittedly, Johan Camargo did try to suicide bunt Ozzie Albies home when Albies reached third.  But it was a weak attempt where he was trying to drag bunt and beat out the throw.  Albies is one of the fastest guys in the game.  Just square up and get it down.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #148 on: April 26, 2018, 10:47:47 AM »
Pitcher 1:   W  L   ERA  G  GS SV IP   SO
2018 Stats026.8644019.221

Pitcher 2:
2018 Stats301.8244024.218

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #149 on: April 26, 2018, 11:19:09 AM »
Pitcher 1:   W  L   ERA  G  GS SV IP   SO
2018 Stats026.8644019.221

Pitcher 2:
2018 Stats301.8244024.218
I was told there would be no math.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #150 on: April 26, 2018, 11:28:19 AM »
I was told there would be no math.
I'm pissed the Cards didn't make a move on pitcher #2.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #151 on: April 26, 2018, 12:02:21 PM »
Okay, the suspense is killing me.  The tension is so thick you can cut it with a knife.  Who are the pitchers?

#2 is Jake Areola.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 12:04:18 PM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #152 on: April 26, 2018, 12:58:58 PM »
Okay, the suspense is killing me.  The tension is so thick you can cut it with a knife.  Who are the pitchers?

#2 is Jake Areola.
Yu Darvish and Jake.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #153 on: April 26, 2018, 02:38:35 PM »
Yu Darvish and Jake.
Fuck you for pointing that out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #154 on: April 26, 2018, 03:54:36 PM »
Braves earned a split with Cincy on the road.  7-4.  Ronald Acuna, called up yesterday, just missed the cycle and absolutely crushed one into the upper deck for his first big league homer. By all accounts, this kid should be pretty good.  We'll see after he faces the pitching at this level. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #155 on: April 26, 2018, 04:08:54 PM »
Braves earned a split with Cincy on the road.  7-4.  Ronald Acuna, called up yesterday, just missed the cycle and absolutely crushed one into the upper deck for his first big league homer. By all accounts, this kid should be pretty good.  We'll see after he faces the pitching at this level.
So the Reds had pitching from a different level?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #156 on: April 26, 2018, 05:00:20 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #157 on: April 29, 2018, 06:45:03 PM »
Cubs shut out the Brew Crew while the Pirates do the same to the Cards.  Braves waxed the Phillies 10-1 and head to NY to finish up the 9 game road trip.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #158 on: April 30, 2018, 04:55:48 PM »
I'm just happy Buzz isn't a Bucs fan, or there would have been a poster of a broom in this thread.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #159 on: May 01, 2018, 04:02:32 PM »
Heard a stat this morning that a Brew Crew relief pitcher, Josh Hader, struck out 8 guys in 3 innings. Looked him up and he's got an ERA of 1.00 and has 39 strikeouts in 18 innings.  That my friends, is some nasty shiot!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions