Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Steele Interviewing for UT

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Steele Interviewing for UT
« on: December 05, 2017, 01:28:48 PM »
So let me get this straight UT fans, you would rather hire a guy that went 9-36 at Baylor, versus the guy who built Rutgers into a name again?

I don't follow...

Don't get me wrong I don't want to lose Steele, I think he is an amazing DCoach, but if I was given 2 choices for my next HC I would take Schiano over Steele.

Kevin Steele misses Broyles Award events; in mix at Tennessee

Auburn defensive coordinator Kevin Steele is a finalist for the Broyles Award, which will be presented to the nation's top assistant coach Tuesday in Little Rock, Ark. But he's not there and won't be there.

Steele missed a function Monday night and was due to arrive this morning, but he sent word to event organizers that he would not be able to attend because of a job interview.

That interview appears to be with Tennessee. Tennessee athletics director Phillip Fulmer is in New York City, where many of the nation's top coaches and administrators have gathered for the annual National Football Foundation's annual awards dinner, Dawgs247 reported Monday is also interviewing Georgia defensive coordinator Mel Tucker. There could be others.

Steele has been prominently metioned in speculation about the Tennessee search for a replacement for Butch Jones that has been controversial almost from the start.

Former athletics director John Currie reached an agreement with Ohio State defensive coordinator Greg Schiano, only to withdraw it after a flood of protests on social media. Currie eventually was let go and replaced by Fulmer, who as head coach, led Tennessee to the 1998 national championship.

A former Tennessee player, Steele has resurrected Auburn's defense the past two seasons and is immensely popular with players and with Auburn fans.

Central Florida offensive coordinator Troy Walters, also a Broyles finalist, arrived Tuesday morning after missing Wednesday night's fucntion. He interviewed for the UCF head coachig job that Scott Frost will vacate to take over at Nebraska. Walters, who is not expected to get the job, arrived in Little Rock for the awards luncheon.

USC offensive coordinator Tee Martin, the quarterback on Tennessee's national championship team, has also been mentioned as candidate, along with Alabama defensive coordinator Jeremy Pruitt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: Steele Interviewing for UT
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 02:02:21 PM »
I'd explore the PSU allegations before disqualifying Schiano, but it'd be an uphill battle to convince me.

Knowing what we now know, it was an open secret that Jerry was fucking children.  If you were there, you're suspect for complicity.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 02:20:03 PM »
So let me get this straight UT fans, you would rather hire a guy that went 9-36 at Baylor, versus the guy who built Rutgers into a name again?

I don't follow...

Don't get me wrong I don't want to lose Steele, I think he is an amazing DCoach, but if I was given 2 choices for my next HC I would take Schiano over Steele.

Agreed.  When I made the comment about promoting Steele if Malzahn leaves, I had completely forgotten about his time at Baylor. But then, it is Baylor.  As a UT fan, I would view that as a very Chizok-esque hire.  Booooooo......we want a leader, not a loooooser.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 02:30:49 PM »
I'd explore the PSU allegations before disqualifying Schiano, but it'd be an uphill battle to convince me.

Knowing what we now know, it was an open secret that Jerry was fucking children.  If you were there, you're suspect for complicity.

I recall a lot of very open discussion on the board when the Sandusky thing broke.  Some were emphatic that they would have either turned him in and/or beat the living hell out of him.  Others admitted they were not sure what they would have done.  If the assumption that it was an open secret is true; hence, a lot of people knew about it, then apparently there were a ton of mixed emotions from those closest to the situation. Because despite everyone knowing, there was little or nothing done.  If true, a lot of people knew he was fucking little boys and most of those same people stayed mum about it, from the top down.  I'd like to think I know what I'd do, but I can't be sure unless and until I was faced with it.  Hope I'm never faced with that decision.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2017, 03:05:35 PM »

That's BS brother, those folks wanted Schiano gone because they didn't like the hire. The Penn State narrative came out after they backtracked on the hire, and there was no smoking gun.

But that's not germane to what I was saying anyway.  I'm not saying I would want Schiano, but given that they were about to hire Schiano vs whom they are currently interviewing (Steele) I would take Schiano.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 03:09:43 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2017, 03:06:28 PM »
I recall a lot of very open discussion on the board when the Sandusky thing broke.  Some were emphatic that they would have either turned him in and/or beat the living hell out of him.  Others admitted they were not sure what they would have done.  If the assumption that it was an open secret is true; hence, a lot of people knew about it, then apparently there were a ton of mixed emotions from those closest to the situation. Because despite everyone knowing, there was little or nothing done.  If true, a lot of people knew he was fucking little boys and most of those same people stayed mum about it, from the top down.  I'd like to think I know what I'd do, but I can't be sure unless and until I was faced with it.  Hope I'm never faced with that decision.
I just assumed you would be the one having sex with the children.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 03:20:29 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2017, 03:36:15 PM »
That's BS brother, those folks wanted Schiano gone because they didn't like the hire. The Penn State narrative came out after they backtracked on the hire, and there was no smoking gun.

But that's not germane to what I was saying anyway.  I'm not saying I would want Schiano, but given that they were about to hire Schiano vs whom they are currently interviewing (Steele) I would take Schiano.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 03:46:59 PM by dallaswareagle »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2017, 04:13:53 PM »

Wrong. The Penn State accusations from UT fans and some former players came out almost immediately after learning that they were about to hire Schiano.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2017, 04:45:31 PM »
Wrong. The Penn State accusations from UT fans and some former players came out almost immediately after learning that they were about to hire Schiano.
Regardless, they didn't like the hire and wanted him gone.  There is no proof Schiano knew anything.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2017, 04:53:15 PM »
Regardless, they didn't like the hire and wanted him gone.  There is no proof Schiano knew anything.
Exactly, they wanted Gruden bad. I mean bad like camping out at the airport to hopefully watch him step out of the UT plane & lining up at a diner because someone tweeted out that he was eating there. If Schiano never coached at PSU, the fans would've found some other reason to not want him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2017, 04:58:19 PM »
I just assumed you would be the one having sex with the children.

At least I confine it to the girls.  I'm not a sicko y'know.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2017, 06:22:35 PM »

That's why I'd explore the issue, but it's looking like EVERYONE up there knew.

On another note, if Steele leaves who do we get?

Travaris Robinson would deserve a look.  Might be too green, though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2017, 08:07:38 AM »
At least I confine it to the girls.  I'm not a sicko y'know.

Have you ever considered running for a Senate seat?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2017, 09:01:52 AM »
That's why I'd explore the issue, but it's looking like EVERYONE up there knew.

On another note, if Steele leaves who do we get?

Travaris Robinson would deserve a look.  Might be too green, though.

If we are going to recycle, Rhoads just got fired. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

jmar

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2017, 09:23:44 AM »
True and Rhodes would get a bump in talent to work with over his last few stops.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2017, 09:32:20 AM »

Rhoads was good enough for Tubs to offer twice, I'd take him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

wesfau2

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2017, 09:34:47 AM »

Not opposed to that.

Fuck it, let's get Chizik.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2017, 09:39:48 AM »
What is Bro Bill doing? Or, is Wayne Hall still building houses?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2017, 10:06:03 AM »
Is Paul Davis dead?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

jmar

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2017, 10:14:24 AM »
Is Paul Davis dead?
Is the 5-2 alive?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions