Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Eating Crow

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Eating Crow
« on: November 12, 2017, 01:26:24 PM »
I stand corrected, Gus somehow did not piddledick his way into a conservative loss.

That was an impressive win over a conference-foe-hated-rival-#1 team.

Special teams still need work.

Who the FUCK is Jordyn Peters and why was he on the field so much on that first drive?

Otherwise, I have to give credit where it's due: Gus had the team ready to play and has quieted most of my concerns.  Fools gold?  Perhaps, but I'm rattling off some authentic frontier gibberish and panning my stretch of the river hard.

https://twitter.com/JFergusonAU/status/929555882777694209
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 01:39:00 PM by wesfau2 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Eating Crow
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 03:46:06 PM »
I stand corrected, Gus somehow did not piddledick his way into a conservative loss.

That was an impressive win over a conference-foe-hated-rival-#1 team.

Special teams still need work.

Who the FUCK is Jordyn Peters and why was he on the field so much on that first drive?

Otherwise, I have to give credit where it's due: Gus had the team ready to play and has quieted most of my concerns.  Fools gold?  Perhaps, but I'm rattling off some authentic frontier gibberish and panning my stretch of the river hard.

https://twitter.com/JFergusonAU/status/929555882777694209

No crow to eat.  The record speaks for itself.  He's been abysmal against highly rated teams the past few years and O'fer against our biggest rivals.  Occasionally, there were legit excuses with injuries at key positions.  More often than not, it was Gus himself screwing the pooch missionary style.  Anyone who had reservations and held their breath going into last night was totally justified.

Now, what it SHOULD have shown CGM is what can happen when you don't coach scared or just plain turn it over to the man you hired to run the offense.  There were numerous plays I've never seen run under Gus.  Faking the jet sweep to Stove then turning and hitting him with a swing pass was brilliant and would have gained big yardage the 2nd time had Stove held on.  Everything they did last night gave Saban's staff an ass load more to scheme for.

I don't have a clue how involved Gus was in the play calling or if it was all Lindsey.  Whatever it was, don't stray from it.  Will we get 40-17 every time with it against really good teams? Probably not.  But I've been saying since the summer, this team is loaded with talent across the board.  Just get em' the damn ball. 
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 03:47:52 PM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 06:33:13 PM »
Perhaps, but I'm rattling off some authentic frontier gibberish and panning my stretch of the river hard.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2017, 07:25:26 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 10:11:43 AM »
That was as satisfying a win as we’ve had in a long time.  Off the top of my head, the last time we really laid a beating like that on what was supposed to be a good team was maybe the 2010 SEC-CG? Or all the way back to Ben Leard over UGA?

As happy as it made me, though, it only magnified the inexplicable failure at LSU. As I was asked by a LSU fanatic late in the fourth, “how the hell did we beat y’all?”  And as I answered (which pissed her off) “no excuse for losing that game..”  Take that cluster fuck away and I’d be good.  This is too talented a team to have two shitty losses.

I was still a little concerned to watch us hand off up the middle over and over late.  But we were getting a push so it worked.  Where I was most encouraged was with the defense keeping its foot on the gas. In 2013, up by 20 we started playing soft and trying to keep everything in front of us.   Near fatal collapse. Did the same against FSU in the title game. I’ve never understood that.  Saw state do it against bama in the last two drives. Why? When you are limiting the opponent to virtually nothing, stay after that ass. That’s what we did until the very last drive — in which they predictably cut us up for a TD — note: it never works, don’t do it. I liked that we kept the heat on. 

Georgia fans today are claiming
a) they did it to themselves with penalties and mental errors
b) Kirby done filed away that challenge and the pass. God help AU if they play us in the CG. They will pay that back double.
c) they are the better team, just had a bad day

I don’t think any of that is true.  They hadn’t played anybody. And it showed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

chinook

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2017, 10:22:57 AM »
That was as satisfying a win as we’ve had in a long time.  Off the top of my head, the last time we really laid a beating like that on what was supposed to be a good team was maybe the 2010 SEC-CG? Or all the way back to Ben Leard over UGA?

As happy as it made me, though, it only magnified the inexplicable failure at LSU. As I was asked by a LSU fanatic late in the fourth, “how the hell did we beat y’all?”  And as I answered (which pissed her off) “no excuse for losing that game..”  Take that cluster fuck away and I’d be good.  This is too talented a team to have two shitty losses.

I was still a little concerned to watch us hand off up the middle over and over late.  But we were getting a push so it worked.  Where I was most encouraged was with the defense keeping its foot on the gas. In 2013, up by 20 we started playing soft and trying to keep everything in front of us.   Near fatal collapse. Did the same against FSU in the title game. I’ve never understood that.  Saw state do it against bama in the last two drives. Why? When you are limiting the opponent to virtually nothing, stay after that ass. That’s what we did until the very last drive — in which they predictably cut us up for a TD — note: it never works, don’t do it. I liked that we kept the heat on. 

Georgia fans today are claiming
a) they did it to themselves with penalties and mental errors
b) Kirby done filed away that challenge and the pass. God help AU if they play us in the CG. They will pay that back double.
c) they are the better team, just had a bad day

I don’t think any of that is true.  They hadn’t played anybody. And it showed.

d) USCe game wore out the UGAy OL.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2017, 10:36:57 AM »
d) USCe game wore out the UGAy OL.

But somehow Aggie didn't do that to auburn on the road. Uga-logic!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2017, 10:46:12 AM »
I haven’t seen anything about how WT called it. But that’s understandable.

Not one to gloat. And I know that the closest the audience here has seen to a football field was in the tuba line. Or, maybe the bench, at Carburetor  Polytechnic Institute. So, it’s understandable why I was the one capable of calling the win.

Don’t be haters. Yes, I’m that guy that let you booze up the new chick in HS, then I’d pick her up after she snuck out of the house, after you dropped her off. But I KNOW football.

It should’ve been more than obvious before now but surely it is by now. I knew that they  hadn’t faced a run dominant team that could be balanced. And, stop the run.

So, couple my knowledge with athleticism and guilty. I’m the one who called it.

No need to pay homage. Just kerryon.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

GH2001

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2017, 10:52:47 AM »

Not one to gloat. And I know that the closest the audience here has seen to a football field was in the tuba line. Or, maybe the bench, at Carburetor  Polytechnic Institute. So, it’s understandable why I was the one capable of calling the win.

Don’t be haters. Yes, I’m that guy that let you booze up the new chick in HS, then I’d pick her up after she snuck out of the house, after you dropped her off. But I KNOW football.

It should’ve been more than obvious before now but surely it is by now. I knew that they  hadn’t faced a run dominant team that could be balanced. And, stop the run.

Hey WT! Welcome to the board. Bout time we got some new blood around here. Post often and prayers sent to your dog. Where are you from? Do you know vlad? Or the scarecrow from oz?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2017, 11:24:33 AM »

WT, you are a madman. When you stole that cow, and your friend tried to make it with the cow. I want to party with you, cowboy. If the two of us together, forget it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2017, 11:25:54 AM »
WT, you are a madman. When you stole that cow, and your friend tried to make it with the cow. I want to party with you, cowboy. If the two of us together, forget it.

Vlad? Is that you?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.