Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Unstoppable force

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Unstoppable force
« on: November 03, 2017, 09:22:51 AM »
meet movable object on casters.

Christian Kirk gets to exploit our 115th ranked punt return and 129th ranked kick return teams.

Here's to a prolific offensive output, negating the need to punt, and Legatron putting them through the endzone all day.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

jmar

Re: Unstoppable force
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2017, 10:03:47 AM »
meet movable object on casters.

Christian Kirk gets to exploit our 115th ranked punt return and 129th ranked kick return teams.

Here's to a prolific offensive output, negating the need to punt, and Legatron putting them through the endzone all day.
We could quick kick on third down and mix in a few fake punts here and there.
Also, we could let Will Hastings onside kick each time we score a TD like he did in high school.
What the hell, it might work and give the Kirby's something to prepare for...or not. :sad:

Sadly though everyone in the football world can see our long ball/KJ Smashcat offense as a liability except Gus Malzahn's gigantic ego and we are basically doomed to repeat last season's finish.
Very depressing.

:facepalm:   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2017, 10:22:10 AM »
Going for it on every 4th down and onside kicks should stop him from returning anything for a touchdown.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2017, 10:38:03 AM »
Do not understand this performance. I thought Horton was ST coach, no? Hasn’t he been doing a decent job?

I don’t recall any big dip under him, until this season, if it is still him. I have too important of a schedule to verify.

I though the ST looked best under Thigpen.

Time for them to get good. Sharpish.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2017, 10:53:49 AM »
I thought Gus had taken an interest in special teams this year.  Would actually explain how they've started sucking.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2017, 10:55:35 AM »
I thought Gus had taken an interest in special teams this year.  Would actually explain how they've started sucking.

Maybe that's why we are sending everybody straight down the middle of the field.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2017, 10:56:32 AM »
Maybe that's why we are sending everybody straight down the middle of the field.

Never mind then, it can't be Gus.  He doesn't know what the middle of the field is.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2017, 11:05:57 AM »
Never mind then, it can't be Gus.  He doesn't know what the middle of the field is.
Kerryon Johnson begs to differ
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2017, 11:14:28 AM »
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 12:03:45 PM by WiregrassTiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2017, 01:54:06 PM »
So does Pettway’s scapula.

http:// aswww.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2017/11/texas_am_christian_kirk.html
Actually Horton has done a good job overall. We haven't been an embarrassment until this past LSU game to memory. That said, we don't standout in any positive aspect either as far as kick/punt returns.

Told my son just the other day that Will Hastings was our best punt returner to never catch a punt.
Wouldn't surprise me if he never got a shot in practice. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2017, 02:03:30 PM »
Actually Horton has done a good job overall. We haven't been an embarrassment until this past LSU game to memory. That said, we don't standout in any positive aspect either as far as kick/punt returns.

Told my son just the other day that Will Hastings was our best punt returner to never catch a punt.
Wouldn't surprise me if he never got a shot in practice.
If you wouldn’t be surprised if he’s never caught punts in practice, then how do you know he’s the best punt returner to never catch a punt?

Your coaching skills are beginning to worry me again jmar. Both football and basketball.

And your man crush on Gus is evident.

The briskness of the cooler weather spots hamburgers throughout the northern hemisphere, especially on cloudy days and in pertinent situations.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2017, 02:12:16 PM »
If you wouldn’t be surprised if he’s never caught punts in practice, then how do you know he’s the best punt returner to never catch a punt?

Your coaching skills are beginning to worry me again jmar. Both football and basketball.

And your man crush on Gus is evident.

The briskness of the cooler weather spots hamburgers throughout the northern hemisphere, especially on cloudy days and in pertinent situations.
Some things you just know WT. Have seen two of the very best all-time on the plains and this guy moves in the open field with striking similarities.
And Gus Malzahn can't be gone soon enough.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2017, 03:00:26 PM »
Some things you just know WT. Have seen two of the very best all-time on the plains and this guy moves in the open field with striking similarities.
And Gus Malzahn can't be gone soon enough.

All great punt returners have a fast first move. And this kid has one of the fastest.
So it would be logical to give him a shot.

Although, one bad miscalculation and we might be picking up pieces of him on into January!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2017, 03:09:59 PM »
All great punt returners have a fast first move. And this kid has one of the fastest.

Although, one bad miscalculation and we might be picking up pieces of him on into January!

^^Occasionally posts something logical.^^
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2017, 03:26:06 PM »

True.
Oddly enough my two favorites on offense are Hastings and Dunn. And I don't think this staff can ruin either.
I know I have a piss poor negative attitude but I see a team that could be so much more. This is one of the most under-utilized group of talent I've ever seen. Every RB, fullback and TE should be a receiving target at least twice per game. We don't set up any true screens or run comebackers underneath or quick slants to the wideouts. That's giving up 6, maybe eight completions right there and that can only help to spring KJ.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2017, 03:33:25 PM »

Pfft...he's 127lbs of pure muscle.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2017, 03:38:43 PM »
Pfft...he's 127lbs of pure muscle.

As Gordon Solie would say, "He's a double-tough competitor".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2017, 03:42:56 PM »
True.
Oddly enough my two favorites on offense are Hastings and Dunn. And I don't think this staff can ruin either.
I know I have a piss poor negative attitude but I see a team that could be so much more. This is one of the most under-utilized group of talent I've ever seen. Every RB, fullback and TE should be a receiving target at least twice per game. We don't set up any true screens or run comebackers underneath or quick slants to the wideouts. That's giving up 6, maybe eight completions right there and that can only help to spring KJ.

I always LOL when I see the safety drop down on the opposite side of Hastings. Then I remember that Gus is too stupid to have an automatic call for hasting to run the double move post.  Without a safety in the middle to help, there is no way a CB or even a single safety can cover Hasting on that move. It should be automatic! Run it till they back a safety up in the middle again. Then run it up the gut!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2017, 03:45:24 PM »
^^Occasionally posts something logical.^^

It's posts like this that will get you removed from my annual sausage fest!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2017, 03:51:56 PM »

It's posts like this that will get you removed from my annual sausage fest!

Sausage fest????   Who could resist an event where everywhere you turn, there's sausage?     
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions