Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Fool's Gold

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Fool's Gold
« on: October 21, 2017, 11:27:36 PM »
That weak shit won't work against A&M, UGA and/or Bama.

This win against a beaten and broken Arky team is going to set some folks up for serious heartache as the season ends.

The injuries are starting to eat us alive and the defense is playing lackadaisically at best.  Arkansas is the kind of team that this defense should blank and hold to historic low yardage. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

jmar

Re: Fool's Gold
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2017, 06:11:06 AM »

This win against a beaten and broken Arky team is going to set some folks up for serious heartache as the season ends.

The injuries are starting to eat us alive and the defense is playing lackadaisically at best.  Arkansas is the kind of team that this defense should blank and hold to historic low yardage.
No doubt.

Anyway I heard Clay Helton's name mentioned and his Auburn connections from the Dye years. Might be on the future radar as a replacement. Don't know much about him.

Doesn't matter what the fans think but for my part there's no coming back, lesson learned all is forgiven talk that might follow an 8-4 regular season. That's when the talking heads will turn around and chastise Auburn for dumping him.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 06:40:12 AM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2017, 10:08:50 AM »

Why not?  We scored more points on them than Bama at their place. We ran up 624 yards to Bama's 497.  52 points and over 600 yards on the road is weak shit?

Bottom line. If Malzahn doesn't get involved and our offense consists of something besides 70 runs up the middle and 15 passes of 40 yards or more down field, we're pretty damn good. Just get our special teams to pull their collective heads out of their asses and ask Droppius Slayton to catch more than 1 out of every 7.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2017, 10:24:33 AM »
Why not?  We scored more points on them than Bama at their place. We ran up 624 yards to Bama's 497.  52 points and over 600 yards on the road is weak shit?

Bottom line. If Malzahn doesn't get involved and our offense consists of something besides 70 runs up the middle and 15 passes of 40 yards or more down field, we're pretty damn good. Just get our special teams to pull their collective heads out of their asses and ask Droppius Slayton to catch more than 1 out of every 7.

I didn't see any evidence that Gus has removed himself from the playcalling.    His simple-minded gameplan works against outmatched opponents.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2017, 11:10:04 AM »
I didn't see any evidence that Gus has removed himself from the playcalling.    His simple-minded gameplan works against outmatched opponents.

This.
Against the turds, they had Austin. That allowed the pigs to keep the ball abit longer.
Without Austin, our defense went wild!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2017, 11:26:16 AM »

In regards to Malzahn, not sure if any of you caught this on the broadcast, but on one goal line play in the first half the camera was pointed at him after a wildcat play and I lip read him saying "wildcat" and "Kerryon" into the headset.  Next play?  Wildcat with Kerryon keeping it again, and it was turned over on downs if I remember correctly.  Malzahn is still involved in calling the plays.  Hard to say to what extent, though.  Sure, coaches give overall strategy throughout the game, but I think it goes a little further with him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2017, 11:44:07 AM »

I liked what I saw. When we had the chance to step on their throats we did with the WR pass. That was honestly the best thing I’ve seen from Gus in a while. Playing to win.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"X's and O's they haunt Gus" - Elle King

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2017, 12:13:43 PM »
I did not watch a single snap. 

The serenity that comes from that act of protest is liberating. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2017, 12:54:10 PM »
I'm not getting suckered again.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2017, 01:28:07 PM »
I'm not getting suckered again.

Didn't watch the first snap, just got updates from time to time.  Same, we beat A&M like we did Arkyslaw, then I might perk up. Then again probably not.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2017, 01:31:12 PM »
We looked great to me. 180 from 2nd half of lsu.

Better play calling and effort on both sides.

Got to stop giving up explosive plays in st and on d.

Overall, it was an A- in my book.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2017, 01:41:37 PM »
Honestly, as long as we can get the defensive backfield healthy I am not worried too much about the D.  Gave up a few too many big plays early, then a garbage time touchdown.  Coverage teams need to be running stadiums every day from now until aTm game day.

Offensively, I liked most of what I saw, but I also agree that they won't be able to do 85.47% or about 27/32nds of it against ugag and bammer.

Still, I won't get fooled again.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 01:43:36 PM by Buzz Killington »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2017, 03:32:25 PM »
Honestly, as long as we can get the defensive backfield healthy I am not worried too much about the D.  Gave up a few too many big plays early, then a garbage time touchdown.  Coverage teams need to be running stadiums every day from now until aTm game day.

Offensively, I liked most of what I saw, but I also agree that they won't be able to do 85.47% or about 27/32nds of it against ugag and bammer.

Still, I won't get fooled again.
Who?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2017, 04:12:50 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2017, 04:44:18 PM »

This.
Against the turds, they had Austin. That allowed the pigs to keep the ball abit longer.
Without Austin, our defense went wild!
Arkansas used the same QB against Auburn as they did against Alabama.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2017, 05:27:01 PM »
Didn't watch the first snap, just got updates from time to time.  Same, we beat A&M like we did Arkyslaw, then I might perk up. Then again probably not.
That game will make or break the season. Don't even have to kill'em like Arky. Just need to win. Do that and Auburn is 3 games away from a SEC Championship and playoff berth. Yes those last 3 will be tough but I'm not willing to write those games off.  Before anyone goes :haha:  keep in mind we know less about how good the leg humps and gumps actually are than any two 8-0 teams in history honestly. Yes they've looked dominant but look at the competition. So far UGA's SEC opponents have been Mizzou (0-4 in the SEC), Vandy (0-4), Tennessee (0-4), and Miss St. (2-2). Combined that's a whopping 2-14 in league play. The only team they've played with a pulse is a one dimensional Notre Dame (a 1 point road win). As for the gumps, their opponents have been Vandy (0-4), Arky (0-4), Tennessee (0-4), Ole Miss (1-3) and aTm (3-1). That's a total of 4-16 in league play. Again, just like UGA, they've only played 1 team with a pulse so far. An 8 point win on the road against aTm and their true freshman QB. Maybe we win the rest. Maybe we lose the rest. I don't know but I'm far from convinced that the gumps and leg humps are two unstoppable forces.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2017, 06:19:46 PM »
That game will make or break the season. Don't even have to kill'em like Arky. Just need to win. Do that and Auburn is 3 games away from a SEC Championship and playoff berth. Yes those last 3 will be tough but I'm not willing to write those games off.  Before anyone goes :haha:  keep in mind we know less about how good the leg humps and gumps actually are than any two 8-0 teams in history honestly. Yes they've looked dominant but look at the competition. So far UGA's SEC opponents have been Mizzou (0-4 in the SEC), Vandy (0-4), Tennessee (0-4), and Miss St. (2-2). Combined that's a whopping 2-14 in league play. The only team they've played with a pulse is a one dimensional Notre Dame (a 1 point road win). As for the gumps, their opponents have been Vandy (0-4), Arky (0-4), Tennessee (0-4), Ole Miss (1-3) and aTm (3-1). That's a total of 4-16 in league play. Again, just like UGA, they've only played 1 team with a pulse so far. An 8 point win on the road against aTm and their true freshman QB. Maybe we win the rest. Maybe we lose the rest. I don't know but I'm far from convinced that the gumps and leg humps are two unstoppable forces.
That's true
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2017, 07:52:54 PM »
That's true
ok, thx. But, should Malzahn be fired before or after we get into the playoffs?

In all seriousness, I’m beginning to believe that Chip may have actually held the reins for most of the season and Gus may have just been like an overprotective parent. He may be still learning on the fly.

If so and we are relatively healthy—we COULD possibly win out. No, not likely.But we are pretty good.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2017, 10:31:55 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2017, 11:46:46 PM »
Arkansas used the same QB against Auburn as they did against Alabama.

Then we're good. We gonna whip bammers ass!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.