Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Gun Control

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Gun Control
« on: October 04, 2017, 05:34:38 PM »
Well, this issue is about get another visit.  I think that's inevitable.  Don't shoot the messenger here...pun intended...but this catastrophe in Las Vegas is going to force people on both sides to the table for some form of compromise.  It's obviously been a heated issue and very polarizing for quite a few years, but I'm seeing even those who defended and rationalized our current laws coming out and agreeing that something has to be done.  Before you read anything into my stance, let me say I'm only predicting that there's going to have to be some give and take and asking what, if anything, you would or would not change regardless of what side of the issue you're on. My views in a nutshell: (And I know nuttz)

I'm a gun owner.  Always have been, whether it was rifles/shotguns for hunting or a handgun for protection. Unless my perspective changes drastically for some reason, I always will be.

I believe in the 2nd Amendment and a citizen's right to own firearms for both of the above purposes, including collecting and recreational use.

I do NOT believe that the current state of our gun control laws had anything to do with what happened Sunday night in Las Vegas or any other terrorist act, domestic or otherwise.  As has been said numerous times, if someone is evil enough to commit mass murder, they can use anything from guns, to IED's to trucks, to machetes, to fertilizer etc.  Eliminating guns would never stop the Stephen Paddock's of the world.

As for "eliminating guns"....yeah, never happen. End of discussion there.

Do I think the Dems, snowflakes, Liberal talk show hosts and Hollywood stars who live in gated houses and have armed bodyguards, are using this to shamelessly politicize the deaths of 58 people and injuries to 500+ more?  Absolutely!

Do I also think the NRA is wielding way too much power and has enough politicians in their pocket to thwart any real gun control changes?  Absolutely!

Does there need to be some form of compromise or more restrictions?  In my opinion, yes.  And that's not a knee-jerk reaction to Las Vegas.  I've always felt that way.

Okay, having said all that, I'll submit that as a gun owner, I'm somewhat knowledgeable about guns but from many of the discussions I've seen here, many of you can schoolify me on the different types of weaponry out there.  Like I said, I used to hunt and I want something for personal protection.  Beyond that, my interest is a lot of meh.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it already illegal to own automatic weapons or those that have been modified such as the ones used in LV?  That's kind of where I draw the line or better yet, don't understand the need for having something so capable of being used for those purposes.  Again, not that everyone who owns one has thoughts of blowing away a bunch of people and again, this guy would have found other ways to do it.  Paddock was both evil and crazy.  But why own something like that?  Much less 47 of them.

Ultimately, it may in fact be knee-jerk reaction, but even many of these country stars that partnered with the NRA for years are now coming out and saying enough is enough.  There has to a line in the sand. 

What say you?  Do there need to be some additional limits?  Or can they all kiss your ass and pry the gun from your cold, dead fingers? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: Gun Control
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 06:01:20 PM »
1. TL;DR
2. Could tell very quickly that it was some gay lawyer talk about gun control.

No thanks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 06:09:57 PM »
The bump stock modification that was done to the Vegas shooter's weapons is legal. It doesn't make your weapon an automatic, it makes it fire quicker.

If I had to guess, I bet bump stock will be outlawed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 10:36:48 PM »
The bump stock modification that was done to the Vegas shooter's weapons is legal. It doesn't make your weapon an automatic, it makes it fire quicker.

If I had to guess, I bet bump stock will be outlawed.

Correct.

Just makes it a really really fast semi. Most people's fingers aren't capable of it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2017, 10:48:18 PM »
Correct.

Just makes it a really really fast semi. Most people's fingers aren't capable of it.

But it still uses the finger. Which is legal.

I don't like them. Seems like a waste of ammo. And at that rate of fire, you lose a lot of accuracy.

If the guy in LV had just used the normal semi auto feature, there might have been more dead. As it was, it was just spray and pray.

And just like anything created to get around a law, some asshole has to ruin it for everyone. Cali already has made these illegal. I imagine we'll see it federally now.

I don't like that over-reach, but it won't really make a difference. It will be an offering to the left. It will be just as effective as the Clinton ban years ago.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2017, 10:52:22 PM »
But it still uses the finger. Which is legal.

I don't like them. Seems like a waste of ammo. And at that rate of fire, you lose a lot of accuracy.

If the guy in LV had just used the normal semi auto feature, there might have been more dead. As it was, it was just spray and pray.

And just like anything created to get around a law, some asshole has to ruin it for everyone. Cali already has made these illegal. I imagine we'll see it federally now.

I don't like that over-reach, but it won't really make a difference. It will be an offering to the left. It will be just as effective as the Clinton ban years ago.

Agree. Not sure WHY a civilian wants auto function/simulation on a gun. Like you said, waste of ammo and for what purpose? They make sense in a military role but have never seen why any regular citizen needs it. Semi is just fine.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 11:15:52 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2017, 10:55:42 PM »
Agree. Not sure WHY a civilian wants auto function/simulation on a gun. Like you said, waste of ammo and for what purpose? They make sense in a military roll but have never seen why any regular citizen needs it. Semi is just fine.

Actually the military does not normally use full auto on the M4 any more. Three round bursts and semi auto. The studies showed that ammo was wasted and the hit ratio was terrible. My son said the only thing he had full auto on was the M240.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2017, 11:05:08 PM »
Actually the military does not normally use full auto on the M4 any more. Three round bursts and semi auto. The studies showed that ammo was wasted and the hit ratio was terrible. My son said the only thing he had full auto on was the M240.

Even when we fired the 60, we were told to shoot it in bursts.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2017, 11:15:17 PM »

Just mean that's the only practical application I can see it being used for. And like you said, even they don't as much anymore.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2017, 08:26:30 AM »
Why is everyone ignoring the hotness of the chick with the gun? 

That's the real topic here. 

FWIW, I just saw Hillary's comments on Jimmy Fallon.  What a crusty bitch.  Can you imagine how fucked up things would be if that shrew had won? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2017, 12:18:17 PM »

50 Cal too, it always seem to get folks attention who were on the wrong side.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

dallaswareagle

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2017, 12:44:35 PM »

You knew it was time to change barrels when those rounds starting slinging out at a angle. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2017, 01:03:17 PM »
50 Cal too, it always seem to get folks attention who were on the wrong side.

My son said the .50 sucked! I asked why. He said because they never get to shoot them. He said he could shoot at any time and most folks would think it was just AK47 fire.

Said when the .50 shoots, buildings and shit started falling over. People noticed!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2017, 01:24:20 PM »
My son said the .50 sucked! I asked why. He said because they never get to shoot them. He said he could shoot at any time and most folks would think it was just AK47 fire.

Said when the .50 shoots, buildings and shit started falling over. People noticed!

It giveth and taketh away your pain very quickly.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2017, 01:44:27 PM »

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2017, 01:51:18 PM »
You knew it was time to change barrels when those rounds starting slinging out at a angle.

I wonder if that's why the vegas shooter stopped after 11 minutes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2017, 01:52:12 PM »

Said when the .50 shoots, buildings and shoot started falling over. People noticed!

Night fire with tracer rounds on them is pretty bad ass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2017, 01:52:27 PM »
This thread is slap full of the gay. 

The girl in the video is hot and armed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

dallaswareagle

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2017, 02:18:03 PM »
Night fire with tracer rounds on them is pretty bad ass.

We had a "Mad minute", where everything we had fired down range.  Mortars, machine guns, anti-tank weapons, 25MM from the Bradley's,  and main guns from the tanks. All the target vehicles down range had what we called  Fu gas in them and it made the vehicle explode with some boom.

Doing a quick search here is civilian "Mad minute"  Its kind of weak.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2017, 02:19:16 PM »
This thread is slap full of the gay. 

The girl in the video is hot and armed.

tell em' catman.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions