Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

How Good/Bad Are the Tigers?

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: How Good/Bad Are the Tigers?
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2017, 11:53:19 AM »
When you said this earlier, I paid no attention. Like most of us do with the drivel you post.

But post Clemson, I tend to agree. My difference would be looking good in a loss. It would be hard to cut ties after close losses to those 2 schools this year. A loss like Clemson? You bet. We were helpless on O.

But if we keep making steps, I truly believe we will win 1 of the 2. And possibly both.

The RB situation is concerning but I doubt Gus is overriding team docs and the players. Hammy is just nagging. Will probably be with kj the remainder of season, regardless.

And our o line woes are def improving. Even as little as you know about football, you had to see this, right?

Stidham is getting rust off. We are looking more 2013ish than 2012. Except, we play defense. And well.

Yeah, I had jumped off too but he's doing lots of stuff right now. We can nit pick but it's hard for me to find too many faults in MSU game.

Gus isn't Saban. You're never going to be the Alabama Hammer, no matter how hard you try.

Two bitch cuttings in that post.  But, I'll save those for later.  The question is how good did we feel about things after the Arky game last year?  Gus delivered one of the most shittastic coaching performances of the century against Clemson earlier, but they were suddenly rolling people.  Very similar thing happening now.  I love what this team is doing and I want them to win out and we have one big Auburn orgy afterward.  I call the Chi O house.  But I have little faith in either happening, especially the winning out part.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2017, 11:53:42 AM »
I would say that how those losses were to be played against UGA and bama would depend on whether Gus would retain his job. 

Would it be the Gus we typically see in the big games, bumbling, not making adjustments, ineptitude? Driving us to go 9-3 IMO he should be gonzo....would he be... I doubt it. 

or would it be something else?  Something we've never seen before.  Maybe it's something really cool that I don't even know about. You know, and uh, and I started feeling... what? What, I thought we were in the trust tree in the nest, were we not?

I have yet to see Gus take that leap...I'm not holding my breath.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2017, 12:53:39 PM »
I said several times before this season that this receiving corp would be one of the best in this conference, which means the nation.  We are.  My concerns moving forward are:

1.) I don't trust Gus.  He WILL interfere.  We WILL be fucked.

2.)  Running back.  I can't recall a more offensively misuse of a unit than this.  Holy Hell, how bad can you mismanage a group of running backs?  Kam is hurt.  But you run him 32 times against an FCS team.  Kam Martin comes in and saves the day after Carry On gets hurt and the kid hasn't see the field since.  Carry On can't run 25 yards without pulling up lame and you keep him in there. Sweet Haysus, how fucking dumb is this staff?

I fully expect Chip to get us to the UGA game with one loss, I then fully expect Gus to take over and fuck it up six ways of Sunday.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

jmar

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2017, 12:58:12 PM »
I would say that how those losses were to be played against UGA and bama would depend on whether Gus would retain his job. 

Would it be the Gus we typically see in the big games, bumbling, not making adjustments, ineptitude? Driving us to go 9-3 IMO he should be gonzo....would he be... I doubt it. 

or would it be something else?  Something we've never seen before.  Maybe it's something really cool that I don't even know about. You know, and uh, and I started feeling... what? What, I thought we were in the trust tree in the nest, were we not?

I have yet to see Gus take that leap...I'm not holding my breath.
What he said. Makes total sense.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2017, 01:01:04 PM »
What he said. Makes total sense.
Look I said the same damn thing with bigger words just a few posts up and had no one say anything nice or in agreement.

I have other places I can post and plenty of other things to do, FYI.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

jmar

« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2017, 01:13:13 PM »
Look I said the same damn thing with bigger words just a few posts up and had no one say anything nice or in agreement.

I have other places I can post and plenty of other things to do, FYI.
We need to get rid of your pal Gussie.
How's that busy boy?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2017, 01:46:37 PM »
Just for perspective I dug into some UT and LSU boards.

They sound just like us. 

Moron AD. 
Coach O’s gumbo fingerprints are all over the offense.  He’s not letting Canada call games.
What’s wrong with Guice? Why keep handing the ball to Williams?
Josh Dobbs was so good he masked Butch’s ineptitude
We are sick of coach speak from Butch

Here’s what’s happened in my opinion.  Alabama has fucking ruined this league.  We are in a nuclear arms race but it’s one we can’t win.  Everybody is trying to keep up. Ole Miss decided to cheat to do it. We hired a guy because he runs a newfangled offense that looked like it could be sabans kryptonite.  UT rolled the dice with the small school guy hoping to replicate Meyer at UF. LSU elevated a guy they thought could connect with their fans and players. 

None of that is going to work consistently.

There was a time the SEC was competitive. Sorta. Us, LSU, UGA, UA, UF most likely to make the SEC CG.  Occasionally the upstart Arkansas or MSU or Missouri. A nine or ten win season would do it.  And everybody was relatively happy.  Now?  It’s bama’s to lose from the opening game. You can’t lose a game or two. It’s all magnified.  It ruins the game. I wish that program would disappear.

In the old SEC? I’d be happy with eight or nine a year and the hope there was a magical year around the corner. That’s not the now.  I hate it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2017, 03:00:05 PM »

They sound just like us. 

Moron AD. 
Coach O’s gumbo fingerprints are all over the offense.  He’s not letting Canada call games.

Here’s what’s happened in my opinion.  Alabama has fucking ruined this league.  We are in a nuclear arms race but it’s one we can’t win.  Everybody is trying to keep up. Ole Miss decided to cheat to do it. We hired a guy because he runs a newfangled offense that looked like it could be sabans kryptonite.  UT rolled the dice with the small school guy hoping to replicate Meyer at UF. LSU elevated a guy they thought could connect with their fans and players. 

There was a time the SEC was competitive. Sorta. Us, LSU, UGA, UA, UF most likely to make the SEC CG.  Occasionally the upstart Arkansas or MSU or Missouri. A nine or ten win season would do it.  And everybody was relatively happy.  Now?  It’s bama’s to lose from the opening game. You can’t lose a game or two. It’s all magnified.  It ruins the game. I wish that program would disappear.

In the old SEC? I’d be happy with eight or nine a year and the hope there was a magical year around the corner. That’s not the now.  I hate it.

Those last couple of paragraphs? Nailed it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2017, 03:22:30 PM »
New plan for LSU. 

You talked about needing possibly two JC offensive linemen, two JC defensive linemen in that '18 recruiting class. You already have 19 commits. How do you kind of work those numbers to make sure you still get what you need to get?

COACH ORGERON: Hope and pray. Thank you, guys.

Wow.  I didn't believe this was an actual quote.  I found and watched his (clueless) press conference today.  Yes. This is what he said. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2017, 03:28:51 PM »
New plan for LSU. 

Wow.  I didn't believe this was an actual quote.  I found and watched his (clueless) press conference today.  Yes. This is what he said.

Made Gus go up a notch in one quote.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2017, 03:36:39 PM »
Made Gus go up a notch in one quote.

Oh believe me we do have a lot to be thankful for.  Gus is not Jones or Orgeron, or Bilema bad and we aren't Ole Miss or MSU fans soo....small victories.

Like I have said things can always be worse. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

chinook

« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2017, 05:20:54 PM »
Oh believe me we do have a lot to be thankful for.  Gus is not Jones or Orgeron, or Bilema bad and we aren't Ole Miss or MSU fans soo....small victories.

Like I have said things can always be worse.

well we do have Dallas.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2017, 05:32:39 PM »
well we do have Dallas.
He did not say that things could be worst.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2017, 08:31:01 PM »
He did not say that things could be worst.

There if have worsed
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2017, 10:35:30 PM »

They sound just like us. 

Moron AD. 

I had hopes of replacing Malzahn with a guy that could solidify us with Saban's retirement in mind. But Gus is still learning on the job as witnessed by his decision to kick a field goal on that first drive against the Mullens. Only a chorus of boos changed his mind.
Time out to rethink.

Now if it was against Alabama and we get stoned at the line but can still keep it within a score then a FG is a no brainer, fuck the boos. And keep in mind that State got robbed on that scoop and score early on, something that would not have happened against Saban.

We generally know within our first two possessions how Malzahn is going to coach any given game. He shows his hand. But Chip seems to have a feel for the right time to pass, something that was more out of desperation with Lashlee because we would be predictable enough to get behind the chains with 3rd and seven ie.

I'm hoping that Chip can keep it on the current pace to deter some of Malzahn's need to meddle.
But if we fail on back to back offensive series?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2017, 10:40:59 PM »
I had hopes of replacing Malzahn with a guy that could solidify us with Saban's retirement in mind. But Gus is still learning on the job as witnessed by his decision to kick a field goal on that first drive against the Mullens. Only a chorus of boos changed his mind.
Time out to rethink.

Now if it was against Alabama and we get stoned at the line but can still keep it within a score then a FG is a no brainer, fudge the boos. And keep in mind that State got robbed on that scoop and score early on, something that would not have happened against Saban.

We generally know within our first two possessions how Malzahn is going to coach any given game. He shows his hand. But Chip seems to have a feel for the right time to pass, something that was more out of desperation with Lashlee because we would be predictable enough to get behind the chains with 3rd and seven ie.

I'm hoping that Chip can keep it on the current pace to deter some of Malzahn's need to meddle.
But if we fail on back to back offensive series?

American football intrigue me. Why do you try to coach? I suspect you know not as much as Prowler.

Prowler is legend. In his own mind.

But you? Jay Jacobs make you girlfriend.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2017, 12:13:44 AM »
American football intrigue me. Why do you try to coach? I suspect you know not as much as Prowler.

Prowler is legend. In his own mind.

But you? Jay Jacobs make you girlfriend.
It must be rough being the only Russian dickhead living in the wiregrass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2017, 08:18:01 AM »
When you said this earlier, I paid no attention. Like most of us do with the drivel you post.

But post Clemson, I tend to agree. My difference would be looking good in a loss. It would be hard to cut ties after close losses to those 2 schools this year. A loss like Clemson? You bet. We were helpless on O.

But if we keep making steps, I truly believe we will win 1 of the 2. And possibly both.

The RB situation is concerning but I doubt Gus is overriding team docs and the players. Hammy is just nagging. Will probably be with kj the remainder of season, regardless.

And our o line woes are def improving. Even as little as you know about football, you had to see this, right?

Stidham is getting rust off. We are looking more 2013ish than 2012. Except, we play defense. And well.

Yeah, I had jumped off too but he's doing lots of stuff right now. We can nit pick but it's hard for me to find too many faults in MSU game.

Gus isn't Saban. You're never going to be the Alabama Hammer, no matter how hard you try.
Gus is more like Dabo, started roughly at the same time, recruits very well and struggled a bit to get the right DC only Dabo doesn't fancy himself as an offensive mastermind. He manages as he should.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2017, 08:46:46 AM »
Gus is more like Dabo, started roughly at the same time, recruits very well and struggled a bit to get the right DC only Dabo doesn't fancy himself as an offensive mastermind. He manages as he should.
Good to have you back on the Gus bus jmar.

You were missed, I'm sure. By someone. Somewhere.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2017, 09:51:04 PM »
Is Gus finally letting it be known that he's turned over the offense for reals?  On Devan Barrett:

"He's really came on," Auburn coach Gus Malzahn said. "They've given him short roles, and I'm sure that will be added to because he's done a very good job."

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2017/10/injuries_to_auburns_backfield.html#incart_river_index

He seems to be speaking of the offensive coaching staff as though he's not a part of the day-to-day operations.  Dare I dream that the production in the past two weeks is due to CL getting to run the offense free of Gus's heavy-handed input?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 09:54:02 PM by wesfau2 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.