Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Who's Going To Win? ....and Why?

Who's Going To Win? ....and Why?
« on: September 17, 2008, 11:32:47 AM »
Okay...  let's hear it.   Predictions and real game discussion for both Tiger fan bases.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
Re: Who's Going To Win? ....and Why?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 12:03:14 PM »
Alright Chop, I'll play.

We will win.

Because I said so.

Nah, here's my real reason for thinking this way, our qb situation leaves alot to be desired, but we do have a road conference game under our belt.  Their qb situation is still a question mark, and I don't think the Harvard boy has ever played in a place like Jordan Hare at night.  He's also not faced any kind of pressure from the two creampuff U's that they've played.  Look for whoever they have at qb to have the ole deer in the headlights look, until Coleman knocks his ass out.

Defensive side now, both teams look to be pretty even as of now.  Again, we have seen SEC level talent (sure not the level of LSU, but still SEC caliber) and they haven't.  The way that our D is playing right now, with the home field advantage, I see us pulling out another classic against the other tigers in the SEC.

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

LSUDeek

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 12:18:54 PM »
Why LSU will win:

Our units are more talented across the board aside from QB and RB (where I believe it is a push).  Our offensive coordinator is more experienced and has a NC under his belt.  LSU's strength is in the run game and our offensive line has All-SEC talent, especially on the left side of the line.

Why Auburn will win:

Since the defensive units are altogether a push, AU gets an edge due to home field advantage.  Both offenses have questionable SEC caliber ability at this time and it may be another 3-2 battle.

Unit comparisons

QB's: PUSH (Haven't seen much from Todd or Burns, and our QB situation is the same)
RB's: PUSH with the slight edge to LSU if any
OL: Edge LSU (All-SEC left side)
DL: Edge LSU (Our defensive linemen are more highly regarded nationally, not sure if it makes a difference in this environment)
WR: LSU
TE: LSU

Offensive unit as a whole: Edge LSU, Crowton has national championship experience, Franklin is in his first year with a new system at Auburn
Defensive unit as a whole: Edge Auburn due to home field advantage

If LSU can run the football at all, we should win 20-10.  If Auburn stuffs our run, Auburn will win 10-3.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2008, 12:27:32 PM »
That's a fair breakdown.  I'd submit that Playboy All-American Sen'Derrick Marks would argue about his national notability, however and Carter, Coleman and a few others (who are just sophomores) are anxious to put their name in the national recognition bowl.    The D lines are at minimum even, and I don't think I'd have a problem saying that it could be a little better.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2008, 01:45:20 PM »

If LSU can run the football at all, we should win 20-10.  If Auburn stuffs our run, Auburn will win 10-3.

I would say that if either team can establish the run, they win in the neighborhood of 24-10.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.