Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Riding with Roy!

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Riding with Roy!
« Reply #460 on: December 14, 2017, 09:30:05 AM »
I was a pretty big fan of Doug Jones back in the late 90's tbh.  I had a good friend that was a part of campus security at UAB and was one of the first folks on the scene after the abortion clinic bombing.  I really paid close attention to that entire case and grew to really like Jones as he prosecuted Rudolph.

It was a decade or so later that he prosecuted Cherry and you could hear it in the way he spoke that he had moved much further left by that time. 

Fast forward to the campaign of 2017 and in this guy's opinion, he is much further left leaning than the man that I followed during the late 90's.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #461 on: December 14, 2017, 09:44:38 AM »
I was a pretty big fan of Doug Jones back in the late 90's tbh.  I had a good friend that was a part of campus security at UAB and was one of the first folks on the scene after the abortion clinic bombing.  I really paid close attention to that entire case and grew to really like Jones as he prosecuted Rudolph.

It was a decade or so later that he prosecuted Cherry and you could hear it in the way he spoke that he had moved much further left by that time. 

Fast forward to the campaign of 2017 and in this guy's opinion, he is much further left leaning than the man that I followed during the late 90's.

So, you're saying one leg is much shorter than the other?  You know, I went to the chiropractor one time and he told me the same thing.  He grabbed my left foot and jerked it.  Voila'. I was standing straight and tall again.  No more leaning.  Maybe Doug should give this guy a try.  I swear by him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #462 on: December 14, 2017, 10:07:38 AM »
I knew I shouldn't have sent him to Dr. Eileen West.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #463 on: December 15, 2017, 06:59:40 PM »
Reason isn't just "some blog", but ok.

Show me the exact quote from Doug Jones where he explicitly says he's for partial birth abortion. Not where whatever "blog" you read paraphrased for him.

It's a blog on reason.com. It says so. Right there in your link.

And again you assume everyone is dumb and just reads Roy Moore ads and infowars for their information. In an interview with Chuck Todd, he was asked to explain his stance on limitations to abortion and what limits he was in favor of. He would not reply with any limitation - only that he supported a woman's right to choose until the baby was born. But when the baby was born, he was all about some right to life.

In the Sept. 27 MSNBC interview, host Chuck Todd asked Jones about abortion.

Jones said he's a "firm believer that a woman should have to freedom to choose what happens to her own body" and that he opposed a ban on abortions after the 20th week of gestation, which is a bill passed by the U.S. House of Representatives and now under consideration in the Senate.

Alabama law allows abortions to be performed as late as 22 weeks into a pregnancy.

"I'm not in favor of anything that is going to infringe on a woman's right and her freedom to choose," Jones said in the MSNBC interview. "That's just the position that I've had for many years. It's a position I continue to have. But I want to make sure people understand, that once a baby is born, I'm going to be there for that child. That's where I become a right-to-lifer."
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 07:02:28 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #464 on: December 18, 2017, 11:10:36 AM »
https://www.politico.com/story/2017/12/18/manchin-franken-senate-resign-300843

So now that the Alabama Senate seat isn't up for grabs, the dems want to forgive Franken. Weird, right?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #465 on: December 18, 2017, 12:41:37 PM »
https://www.politico.com/story/2017/12/18/manchin-franken-senate-resign-300843

So now that the Alabama Senate seat isn't up for grabs, the dems want to forgive Franken. Weird, right?

The left outplayed the right in Alabama.  Simple as that.  They knew our voting tendencies.  They knew we would put Roy Moore in the special election and they just waited until it happened. 

Doesn't matter.  Doug Jones has only 2 years and he'll spend most of that time working to not appear so liberal to try to get elected again.  He's already came out and said he doesn't think President Trump should be asked to resign over previous sexual harassment claims.  He will get as close to the middle as possible in the next 2 years to try to win his election because he knows Alabama didn't just all of a sudden become blue. 

In reality, IF Doug moves toward the middle for the next two years it will probably be better than anything Roy could do.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #466 on: December 18, 2017, 09:42:09 PM »
It's a blog on reason.com. It says so. Right there in your link.

And again you assume everyone is dumb and just reads Roy Moore ads and infowars for their information. In an interview with Chuck Todd, he was asked to explain his stance on limitations to abortion and what limits he was in favor of. He would not reply with any limitation - only that he supported a woman's right to choose until the baby was born. But when the baby was born, he was all about some right to life.
I noticed you didn't provide a link on that little excerpt you provided there.

What you quoted is actually a fun exercise of how to know if your source is biased or not.

The parts in bold are actual quotes from that interview. Everything else is "coloring" or "rephrasing" what he said in a way that makes him say what the author wants to say he said. You can tell by the quotation marks, and the lack thereof.

In the Sept. 27 MSNBC interview, host Chuck Todd asked Jones about abortion.

Jones said he's a "firm believer that a woman should have to freedom to choose what happens to her own body" and that he opposed a ban on abortions after the 20th week of gestation, which is a bill passed by the U.S. House of Representatives and now under consideration in the Senate.

Alabama law allows abortions to be performed as late as 22 weeks into a pregnancy.

"I'm not in favor of anything that is going to infringe on a woman's right and her freedom to choose," Jones said in the MSNBC interview. "That's just the position that I've had for many years. It's a position I continue to have. But I want to make sure people understand, that once a baby is born, I'm going to be there for that child. That's where I become a right-to-lifer."

Notice that everything he ACTUALLY said is milquetoast standard-issue liberalism.

Notice that he did not say:
and that he opposed a ban on abortions after the 20th week of gestation, which is a bill passed by the U.S. House of Representatives and now under consideration in the Senate.

He may have been asked that, but he chose not to answer that question and instead just went with the generic "I'm not in favor of anything that is going to infringe on a woman's right and her freedom to choose", which is a position that at least 50% of the country agrees with, like it or not.

That is what the author wants you to read into what he actually said.

By the way, the Chuck Todd is not "another interview", it's the same interview at the center of the reason "blog" I posted.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 09:46:54 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #467 on: December 18, 2017, 11:40:13 PM »
Where da wimmin now?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #469 on: December 20, 2017, 04:27:36 PM »
LMAO...

http://www.al.com/opinion/index.ssf/2017/12/lets_all_watch_roy_moore_alter.html

On the plus side, we finally get to see how many people wrote in Nick Saban, in Morgan country anyhow...

Bozo the Clown received two votes
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #470 on: December 20, 2017, 08:24:32 PM »
Fuck Roy Moore. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #471 on: December 20, 2017, 10:21:28 PM »
Fuck Roy Moore.

No no.  Fuck Georgia!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #472 on: December 21, 2017, 04:08:12 PM »
Fuck Roy Moore.
Christmas at the Moore's is gonna be off the chain this year.  :sad:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #473 on: December 21, 2017, 11:26:56 PM »
Where all Dem wimmins now?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #474 on: December 22, 2017, 08:35:06 AM »
Where all Dem wimmins now?
Bowing at the altar of Soros
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #475 on: December 23, 2017, 07:58:04 PM »
Christmas at the Moore's is gonna be off the chain this year.  :sad:

Should be just fine, he is still asking for campaign donations. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #476 on: December 25, 2017, 10:44:23 PM »
So, did you mail your check or donate online?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #477 on: December 26, 2017, 02:10:00 AM »
Yup and morons are still donating to it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #478 on: December 28, 2017, 10:03:34 AM »
Yup and morons are still donating to it.

How much did you give?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #479 on: December 28, 2017, 05:02:49 PM »
How much did you give?
$0
How much are you still giving?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions