Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The White House appears to be running like a well-oiled machine...

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
With the new communications director threatening to fire the com staff or kill them...whichever comes first. This is coming from the President's communications director.  :facepalm:  :facepalm:

http://www.newyorker.com/news/ryan-lizza/anthony-scaramucci-called-me-to-unload-about-white-house-leakers-reince-priebus-and-steve-bannon
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: The White House appears to be running like a well-oiled machine...
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 11:55:15 PM »

Roast Pheasant

Prep Time
10 mins

Cook Time
1 hrs

Total Time
1 hrs 10 mins

Follow these general instructions and you will get a lovely, moist bird. This technique also works with ruffed grouse, chickens and guinea hens. Serve with a nice white wine, some mashed potatoes and a vegetable of your choice. A good option is to cut up some carrots, potatoes, parsnips, celery root and turnips and roast them with the birds. I have a similar recipe for glazed roast pheasant, as well as one specifically for roast partridge, if you are looking for something a little different.

Course: Main Course
Cuisine: American
Serves: 4 people
Author: Hank Shaw

Ingredients
[size=1.4rem !important]2 whole pheasants[/size][/size][size=1.4rem !important]8 cups water[/size][/size][size=1.4rem !important]1/2 cup kosher salt[/size][/size][size=1.4rem !important]2 tablespoons sugar[/size][/size][size=1.4rem !important]2 bay leaves, optional[/size][/size][size=1.4rem !important]1 tablespoon crushed juniper berries, optional[/size][/size][size=1.4rem !important]2 tablespoons olive oil or softened butter[/size][/size][size=1.4rem !important]Black pepper to taste[/size]

Instructions

Brine the bird. Make a brine by bringing the water, salt, bay leaves, juniper and sugar to a boil. Cover and let cool to room temperature. When it cools, submerge your pheasant in the brine and keep it in the fridge for 4 to 8 hours. The longer you brine, the saltier the pheasant will become. I brine pen-raised birds for 4 hours, old roosters for 8 hours.

Optional step: If you really want a crispy skin, take the birds out of the brine and set them uncovered in the fridge for 12 to 24 hours. This dries out the skin (but not the meat} and helps you get crispier skin.

When you are ready to cook, take the pheasant out of the fridge and let it sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes and up to an hour. Heat your oven. Get it to 500°F if possible, but at least 400°. Give yourself at least 15 minutes of preheating, and up to a half hour. Oil the bird. You can do this with olive oil or you can smear butter all over it. Crack some black pepper over the bird.

Stuff with a piece of onion or apple and a few fresh herbs. Do not pack the cavity. Truss the bird if you want. I do this often because it helps the pheasant cook more evenly. (Here's
, which is basically the same thing as a pheasant.)
Roast the pheasant for 15 minutes at your high temperature. Take the pheasant out and lower the temperature to 350°. Leave your oven door open to speed this process.

Optional step: Baste the bird with either butter or a glaze. When I do this, I like to use a boiled-down combination of butter and maple syrup.

Return the pheasant to the oven and roast for 30 to 45 minutes. You want the internal temperature of the thigh meat to be about 155°F to 165°F and for the bird’s juices to run pretty clear. A little pink in the juice — and in the bird — is what you want. The higher end of this cooking time will give you a well-done bird, which I try to avoid but many people prefer.

Remove the pheasant and let it rest for 10 to 15 minutes. This resting time is vital, as it lets the juices redistribute within the pheasant. It will also finish off the cooking process through carry-over heating.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 12:33:08 PM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 05:15:54 PM »
In a move that will certainly unite the Republican majority, Trump fires his Chief of Staff & former head of the RNC, Reince Priebus.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2017, 05:33:24 PM »
Good

Never Liked Reince
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2017, 07:27:11 PM »
In a move that will certainly unite the Republican majority, Trump fires his Chief of Staff & former head of the RNC, Reince Priebus.

wrong. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2017, 01:44:20 AM »
wrong.
Priebus turned in his resignation Thursday, the same day that Trump's communications director said, “I fired one guy the other day. I have three to four people I’ll fire tomorrow. I’ll get to the person who leaked that to you. Reince Priebus—if you want to leak something—he’ll be asked to resign very shortly.”

So, yeah...he was fired.

This is interesting too (full circle)...

New Chief of Staff John Kelly will be the first current or former general to serve as White House chief of staff since Alexander M. Haig in the final stretch of President Richard M. Nixon’s administration.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/28/us/politics/reince-priebus-white-house-trump.html
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2017, 02:05:04 PM »
Priebus turned in his resignation Thursday, the same day that Trump's communications director said, “I fired one guy the other day. I have three to four people I’ll fire tomorrow. I’ll get to the person who leaked that to you. Reince Priebus—if you want to leak something—he’ll be asked to resign very shortly.”

So, yeah...he was fired.

This is interesting too (full circle)...

New Chief of Staff John Kelly will be the first current or former general to serve as White House chief of staff since Alexander M. Haig in the final stretch of President Richard M. Nixon’s administration.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/28/us/politics/reince-priebus-white-house-trump.html

For a guy who is all about the technicalities, and also full of shit, you must have missed the part where he "resigned"!

Funny how people like you do that!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

chinook

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2017, 03:07:10 PM »

For a guy who is all about the technicalities, and also full of shit, you must have missed the part where he "resigned"!

resigned ...fired.  tomato...tomatoe.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2017, 03:40:47 PM »

Do you think Chizik, Tuberville, and Bowden resigned from Auburn or were they fired?

Like I said earlier, fired.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2017, 03:49:46 PM »
Do you think Chizik, Tuberville, and Bowden resigned from Auburn or were they fired?

Like I said earlier, fired.

I think they all resigned.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2017, 04:00:19 PM »
I think they all resigned.
^^This. Attention: Let it be known that when someone turns in a resignation, that they have officially resigned. If they were about to be fired and they turn in a resignation, then guess what! They resigned!

You don't even need to have attended Auburn to know this. One would think any idiot would know.

But, apparently, they don't.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2017, 04:23:59 PM »
^^This. Attention: Let it be known that when someone turns in a resignation, that they have officially resigned. If they were about to be fired and they turn in a resignation, then guess what! They resigned!

You don't even need to have attended Auburn to know this. One would think any idiot would know.

But, apparently, they don't.
WRONG

Whether you're being told to resign or be fired, you're still being told to leave your position. Only a retarded person would think differently and apparently this board has quite a few of them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2017, 04:34:12 PM »
Someone who resigns IS in the resigned category. Regardless of what anyone says. GED holder or not.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2017, 03:39:58 PM »
Aaaand Scaramucci is fired.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2017, 03:58:25 PM »
Aaaand Scaramucci is fired.

Real question here prowler.

And I'm going to be civil but....

Do you think this was a good move to fire him?

Because I do. I thought the guy was a total nutcase. One day in and I couldn't stand him.  I think the General Kelly hiring was a move totally about trying to clean up any dysfunction and riff raff. And from what I've read this was his move. Kelly has been one of the few bright spots to me. He doesn't fuck up. He doesn't say stupid shit. He just does a job. Doesn't suprise me with him - former marine general and all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2017, 04:25:52 PM »

Because I do. I thought the guy was a total nutcase. One day in and I couldn't stand him.  I think the General Kelly hiring was a move totally about trying to clean up any dysfunction and riff raff. And from what I've read this was his move. Kelly has been one of the few bright spots to me. He doesn't fuck up. He doesn't say stupid shit. He just does a job. Doesn't suprise me with him - former marine general and all.
Yes, good move...a move that should've never had to be made in the first place.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2017, 04:37:18 PM »

I didn't care either way.

But Kelly is in charge now and needs to make the move he deems necessary to be successful. Its his ass on the line now.

SO I don't care if a new person gets fired each month. Business as usual is not what I voted for.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2017, 06:16:39 PM »
Business as usual is not what I voted for.

You'd rather have this?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2017, 07:06:48 PM »

You can stop trying. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2017, 08:43:09 PM »
Former President of Mexico...

Vicente Fox Quesada ✔
@VicenteFoxQue

Hey Trump, I'm watching this really bad reality TV show with low ratings called Survivor White House. I can't change the channel. Sad!
4:14 PM - Jul 31, 2017
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions