Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Nazis vs. Anarchocommunists Square Off In Auburn

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Nazis vs. Anarchocommunists Square Off In Auburn
« on: April 17, 2017, 05:16:05 PM »
So Richard Spencer, the self-proclaimed white nationalist who set off the whole "punching Nazis" meme when this happened:

For some reason decided he was going to be speaking at Auburn tomorrow.

At first Auburn took what I thought was completely the right approach, IMO.

http://ocm.auburn.edu/newsroom/news_articles/2017/04/auburn-university-statement-on-richard-spencer.htm
We strongly deplore his views, which run counter to those of this institution. While his event isn’t affiliated with the university, Auburn supports the constitutional right to free speech. We encourage the campus community to respond to speech they find objectionable with their own views in civil discourse and to do so with respect and inclusion.

I think that's the right approach. Condemn it, but allow it. Encourage people to either ignore it or PEACEFULLY protest and/or engage with him.

I saw a lot of people on Twitter respond negatively. A lot of people saying they were withdrawing any support from the university for "supporting" the guy (even though they made it pretty clear IMO that they don't support him).

They caved to pressure and then this happened.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/juliareinstein/auburn-white-nationalists?utm_term=.wsqvBRvKd#.rdbGonGXb

Now Spencer's showing up anyway and goading his followers to "stand up" against oppression of whites.
https://twitter.com/occdissent/status/853834737697267712
Did you see all the action in #Berkeley. Come to Auburn University on Tuesday and join the White Bloc

And then you have Antifa, who were all over the news this weekend for destroying Berkeley. They're the ones that burned the place down over Milo as well. And perpetuated many many other violent riots.

https://twitter.com/afainatl/status/853098665187184641
Updated call. Spread far and wide! Be at Auburn University on Tuesday and stand up to racist intimidation!

DEFEND AUBURN! 6PM - APRIL 18TH - FOY HALL! NO NAZIS IN OUR TOWN!

This is very, very, very bad.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Re: Nazis vs. Anarchocommunists Square Off In Auburn
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 05:23:13 PM »
They are just caring for each other...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 05:40:05 PM »
The first approach was the right one.  Let him come and either protest peacefully or ignore his dumb ass altogether.  Start some shit and he gets EXACTLY what he wants out of this. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2017, 06:41:58 PM »
I completely disagree with the "shut it down" protesters.  I don't see how you can promote tolerance and inclusiveness when you practice intolerance and exclusivity.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2017, 06:59:35 PM »
So, they stop this idiot from speaking but allow Maxine Waters. How is this fair?

It's not. Let both morons speak and let people "peacefully" demonstrate. Problem is, if it's going to cost us a bunch of money in security. That's where it gets hairy.

Would be best of people just stayed at the house. I will.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2017, 07:00:47 PM »
I completely disagree with the "shut it down" protesters.  I don't see how you can promote tolerance and inclusiveness when you practice intolerance and exclusivity.
Your white privilege is showing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2017, 07:04:56 PM »
Your white privilege is showing.

Sorry. It won't stay in my shorts.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2017, 07:39:45 PM »
There's nothing to fear, Donnie, these men are cowards.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2017, 10:50:14 PM »
I just came her to post an article about this.  I haven't been checking the board much because I've been focusing on making the grades to finally graduate (only 3 more weeks, thank god).

Now on to this loser and the losers that plan to protest...  I am very disappointed in Auburn University's students.  Y'all would think Hitler himself is coming to speak on campus tomorrow.  Now I'm no fan of this Spencer guy, but I don't have a problem with him coming to speak.  College is a time when ideas are supposed to be presented to us that we don't agree with.  Instead, a majority of students feel "threatened" somebody is coming to speak about ideas they don't see as mainstream.  He's not going to hang, stone, behead, or throw anyone off of buildings like a radical Islamist would do to me.  He's just giving a goddamn speech.  The students believe they are freedom fighters because they have "stopped" Auburn from letting this hate fill their campus.  The way I see it, they are the fascists...  They saw an idea being presented they don't agree with, and they have to shut it down.  Why don't these students go and intellectually challenge the man?  He preaches white power for god's sake.  It wouldn't be hard to debate the man and make him look like a fool.  Instead, the snowflakes run to big dadddy government (the university in this case) to make sure they don't have to actually hear different viewpoints.  They're a bunch of pussies.  Snags has more balls than the people I go to school with!!

Now on to Auburn...  Fuck them for succumbing to the Antifa's demands.  They had the chance to say we stand with all forms of speech.  Instead, they basically said, "We agree with all forms of speech that we deem okay."  That's not the fucking first amendment.  And this is a publicly funded university so I expect them to follow the constitution.  They're just a bunch of pussies too. 

So y'all, free speech on college campuses is dead.  It's a sad world we live in.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"X's and O's they haunt Gus" - Elle King

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2017, 07:53:38 AM »
I just came her to post an article about this.  I haven't been checking the board much because I've been focusing on making the grades to finally graduate (only 3 more weeks, thank god).

Now on to this loser and the losers that plan to protest...  I am very disappointed in Auburn University's students.  Y'all would think Hitler himself is coming to speak on campus tomorrow.  Now I'm no fan of this Spencer guy, but I don't have a problem with him coming to speak.  College is a time when ideas are supposed to be presented to us that we don't agree with.  Instead, a majority of students feel "threatened" somebody is coming to speak about ideas they don't see as mainstream.  He's not going to hang, stone, behead, or throw anyone off of buildings like a radical Islamist would do to me.  He's just giving a goddamn speech.  The students believe they are freedom fighters because they have "stopped" Auburn from letting this hate fill their campus.  The way I see it, they are the fascists...  They saw an idea being presented they don't agree with, and they have to shut it down.  Why don't these students go and intellectually challenge the man?  He preaches white power for god's sake.  It wouldn't be hard to debate the man and make him look like a fool.  Instead, the snowflakes run to big dadddy government (the university in this case) to make sure they don't have to actually hear different viewpoints.  They're a bunch of pussies.  Snags has more balls than the people I go to school with!!

Now on to Auburn...  Fuck them for succumbing to the Antifa's demands.  They had the chance to say we stand with all forms of speech.  Instead, they basically said, "We agree with all forms of speech that we deem okay."  That's not the fucking first amendment.  And this is a publicly funded university so I expect them to follow the constitution.  They're just a bunch of pussies too. 

So y'all, free speech on college campuses is dead.  It's a sad world we live in.
^^Troof.  Makes a lot of sense.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2017, 08:21:45 AM »
Agree with Chad. He doesn't exactly preach my views but it is a right as long as he is not impeding or threatening someone else's. It's free speech. Not popular speech. Not political correct speech. Auburn is a public land grant university. They need to allow it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2017, 08:24:48 AM »

Read this yesterday: Fascism will reappear today in the form of anti-fascism.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2017, 09:45:53 AM »
The first approach was the right one.  Let him come and either protest peacefully or ignore his dumb ass altogether.  Start some shit and he gets EXACTLY what he wants out of this.

This was the case back in the day. If somebody came that I didn't agree with, I ignored it.

Now mind you. If it was between beer and whoever....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2017, 10:39:44 AM »
There's nothing to fear, Donnie, these men are cowards.

These men are nihilists
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2017, 11:41:03 AM »
I don't know how they select speakers. I assume they pay to come sometimes but AU has the right to refuse.

When I was there, Greenpeace guy was speaking in the Haley Center. I was invited by a chick in my class. I was into politics but I could learn for her. I went and actually learned a lot. Watched video of Greenpeace people battling ships. I forget what for. But I watched it all. It's been a long time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2017, 11:44:16 AM »
I don't know how they select speakers. I assume they pay to come sometimes but AU has the right to refuse.

When I was there, Greenpeace guy was speaking in the Haley Center. I was invited by a chick in my class. I was into politics but I could learn for her. I went and actually learned a lot. Watched video of Greenpeace people battling ships. I forget what for. But I watched it all. It's been a long time.

Tree hugging, hippie freak.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2017, 11:53:20 AM »
Far out, man.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2017, 12:08:33 PM »

It was Wiregrass you were responding to, not Nook. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2017, 01:43:46 PM »

He paid $700 to use Foy, or someone did for him. I suspect this guy Hunter Wallace AKA Brad Griffin did it. Apparently, he's an Auburn Grad. And a real piece of shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2017, 02:27:50 PM »
He paid $700 to use Foy, or someone did for him. I suspect this guy Hunter Wallace AKA Brad Griffin did it. Apparently, he's an Auburn Grad. And a real piece of shit.
I guess he's coming anyway. Possibly speaking in the "free speech zone".

One wouldn't think we'd need a zone for this.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 02:29:51 PM by WiregrassTiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions