Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

We're Not Paying Attention

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
We're Not Paying Attention
« on: April 17, 2017, 09:15:06 AM »
Apparently, we picked up a couple of commits and no one noticed.  dot  I am a gay twerker that has no balls!!!!  I also have no idea how to use the quote function to post stories, so I annoy the piss out of others.  I like male genatalia in and around my mouth.

Just 35 miles northwest of Birmingham up Interstate 22 is one of the better mid-sized football programs in the state.

Aside from a rough stretch in 2012-13, Cordova has won nine or more games every season but three since 2005. The Class 4A Blue Devils went 13-1 in 2015 and 9-3 last fall.

But some athletes fly under the radar from Cordova, one of the best in its class lately. Auburn did sign one-time starting safety Ryan Smith from Cordova in 2010, and Ole Miss signed running back Tim Simon in 2009.

Kolbi Fuqua is under the radar, but in terms of stars and not ability. Ole Miss had offered. Auburn offered last spring. A week ago today, the 6-foot-2, 209-pound Fuqua, a three-star recruit, committed to the Tigers.

"I think he's overlooked," Cordova coach Jimmy Gay said. "I don't understand the three-star, four-star, five-star athletes. If the kid can play, he can play. I don't think those stars will win you any games, the rating system.

"He might be flying under the radar."

HOW IT HAPPENED

Before Auburn's A-Day game, it didn't look like Fuqua would pledge to Auburn just yet. The Tigers had a commitment from Brooks offensive lineman Kam Stutts and it was already a good day.

But Fuqua met with Auburn coaches after the game and talked to reporters and let it be known that he did commit. He made the decision after the game.

Auburn had been his leader for a while. Last Saturday, he pulled the trigger.

Fuqua said he will be a receiver for Auburn. Gay said that Auburn offensive line coach Herb Hand, who recruited Fuqua, likes him as an athlete who can play either side of the ball.

Fuqua had 59 catches for 1,011 yards and seven touchdowns as a junior. He also had seven interceptions and 114 total tackles.

Fuqua took Cordova to the Class 4A Final Four in basketball, and excels in the weight room per Gay.

"He is very coachable," Gay said. "He does what he's asked to do. As far as his athletic ability, he has it. He's a long, rangy kid. He has a nose for the football whether it's him going up as a receiver and catching it or on defense, him playing safety and him coming down to make a tackle or intercepting a pass. He's just one of those special kids who has a nose for the football, and he works hard."

Fuqua will likely get his start on offense, but has the physical frame to play safety in college. Auburn's pursuit of receivers like Justyn Ross, Jacob Copeland and Matthew Hill and how successful that goes could determine how serious of an initial look Fuqua gets at receiver.

His reported 4.95 time in the 40 at the Atlanta Opening Regional could suggest that he'll end up on defense (or maybe grow into a tight end?). His strength lies more with physicality than straight-line speed. Fuqua is definitely a player that looks better in pads when the lights come on.

"I don't think you can go wrong," Gay said. "He's a very talented kid and just has a great nose for the football. He's not afraid of contact, which is what I really love about him."

Better quote from Gay: "The intensity that he brings to the game, he's just like a pit bull out there."

RANKINGS

Composite: 3-star, No. 41 athlete, No. 17 in Alabama, No. 523 nationally

247Sports: 3-star, No. 39 athlete, No. 14 in Alabama, No. 477 nationally

Rivals: 3-star, No. 14 in Alabama

Scout: No ranking
ESPN: No ranking
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: We're Not Paying Attention
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 09:20:24 AM »
Came down to a titanic battle between us and Dartmouth for this kid.  Most sites have him listed around 6'4" 320.  dot  I am a gay twerker that has no balls!!!!  I also have no idea how to use the quote function to post stories, so I annoy the piss out of others.  I like male genatalia in and around my mouth.

Brooks offensive lineman Kameron Stutts committed to Auburn Saturday prior to the team's A-Day spring scrimmage.

Stutts announced his decision on Twitter and was later seen inside Jordan-Hare Stadium prior to kickoff.

"Well it's been awesome," Stutts wrote. "I couldn't have ask (sic) for a better support group. Thanks to my Mom, and the rest of my family, coaches, my amazing teammates, and most of all God. Thanks to all the coaches who recruited me and gave me opportunities, but I found the one best for me. I have decided to continue at Auburn University!"

Stutts is ranked as a three-star prospect and the nation's No. 48 offensive tackle in the 247Sports Composite. He also holds offers from Dartmouth, Duke, Iowa State, Jacksonville State, Memphis, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, Southern Miss, Troy and Virginia Tech.

Stutts becomes the fifth member of Auburn's 2018 recruiting class, fellow offensive lineman Jalil Irvin,  quarterback Joey Gatewood, all-purpose back Shaun Shivers and defensive end Daquan Newkirk.

"Their offensive line coach (Herb Hand) has been really nice to me and talking to me a lot," Stutts told AL.com last month. "It's a good football program, everybody knows that. It's a good school in general. It has a nice campus and (offers) a good education."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 09:21:41 AM »
Not enough Starrrz for us to pay that much attention.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2017, 09:35:41 AM »
Not enough Starrrz for us to pay that much attention.

:starz:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2017, 11:39:30 AM »
These snide remarks need to cease. Both of these recruits made the all county team.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2017, 12:19:43 PM »
These snide remarks need to cease. Both of these recruits made the all county team.

Does the county have more than two stop lights?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2017, 12:40:07 PM »
Does the county have more than two stop lights?

I know a kid from a town that had one stoplight that turned off at 6 pm.  He's an AU legend now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2017, 04:18:56 PM »
I know a kid from a town that had one stoplight that turned off at 6 pm.  He's an AU legend now.

Dax is only a legend in the mind of the one who cares.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2017, 05:33:14 PM »
Dax is only a legend in the mind of the one who cares.

And so it is written.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions