Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

IT

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
IT
« on: March 29, 2017, 01:12:22 PM »
I know pennywise and the story itself has been discussed before on here.

The first official trailer dropped today. Not gonna lie - impressive. Hope the movie is half as good as the trailer. Trailer is creepy as shit. I like.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: IT
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 01:56:33 PM »
I thought this was about your career.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

GH2001

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 02:44:39 PM »
I thought this was about your career.

Thought you were gonna say prowler.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

bgreene

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2017, 08:00:12 AM »
I HATE CLOWNS!! I will not be watching
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2017, 08:28:41 AM »
Very excited about this.  Other than Tim Curry, the made for tv adaptation was fucking garbage.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2017, 09:23:04 AM »
Very excited about this.  Other than Tim Curry, the made for tv adaptation was fucking garbage.
No kiddie orgy.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2017, 09:35:37 AM »
No kiddie orgy.

Glaring omission. 

Fuck standards and practices, man.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2017, 09:47:27 AM »
Glaring omission. 

I read the book WAAAAY too young in the 6th grade. I don't know what the fuck my parents were thinking allowing me to read it.

I don't remember a whole lot but that scene for sure stood out. Also a line about a tranny wearing leggings so tight you could "read the wrinkles in his cock". Typical 6th grader stuff.

But anyway, I wonder what the running time is on it, because while the TV miniseries was watered down so that it could be aired on network TV, at least it had time to cover some ground and STILL left a lot of stuff out. I'm skeptical that other than being free from FCC regulations, this can be much more loyal to the source material given the time constraints of a feature film. Probably would have been better as an HBO or Netflix series.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2017, 09:52:05 AM »
I read the book WAAAAY too young in the 6th grade. I don't know what the fuck my parents were thinking allowing me to read it.

I don't remember a whole lot but that scene for sure stood out. Also a line about a tranny wearing leggings so tight you could "read the wrinkles in his cock". Typical 6th grader stuff.

But anyway, I wonder what the running time is on it, because while the TV miniseries was watered down so that it could be aired on network TV, at least it had time to cover some ground and STILL left a lot of stuff out. I'm skeptical that other than being free from FCC regulations, this can be much more loyal to the source material given the time constraints of a feature film. Probably would have been better as an HBO or Netflix series.

What I read was the plan is to do 2 movies depending upon the outcome and reception of the first.  The first movie is just with the kids.  Movie 2 would be as adults.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2017, 09:52:26 AM »

And I would say over the last decade or so, that HBO and more recently Netflix - has a better quality track record than Hollywood and anything on Network television.

I havent seen a running time yet - could be a 2.5 hour deal. If so, they can probably cover it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2017, 09:54:33 AM »

What I read was the plan is to do 2 movies depending upon the outcome and reception of the first.  The first movie is just with the kids.  Movie 2 would be as adults.

Could this be the next great horror movie that eludes Kaos?

Cant say Ive seen a good one since the first 3-4 Saw movies. Decent ones, but not good. Psycho, Exorcist, Halloween, Silence of the Lambs, Saw - were due for another good kill flick. Thought Conjuring was gonna be the one...it was not.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2017, 10:03:15 AM »

My folks never censored our art...so I read King very young as well.  My third grade book report on Thinner prompted a parent/teacher meeting.

Was allowed to watch Buddy Hackett, Pryor, Eddie Murphy and tons...literal fuck tons...of George Carlin.

My parents went out one night and left my older sister in charge (she was around 11 and I was 8.)  The folks had been watching The Exorcist on HBO.  Just as the front door closed behind them "HELP ME" showed up on Linda's stomach and I was fucking terrified.  Cujo fucked with me pretty hard as well.

The one thing my mom ever confiscated from my sisters and I?  As Nasty As They Wanna Be.  Never understood her logic there.  But a dubbed Memorex labelled "Motley Crue - Too Fast For Love" kept her in the dark shortly thereafter.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2017, 10:06:55 AM »
Could this be the next great horror movie that eludes Kaos?

Cant say Ive seen a good one since the first 3-4 Saw movies. Decent ones, but not good. Psycho, Exorcist, Halloween, Silence of the Lambs, Saw - were due for another good kill flick. Thought Conjuring was gonna be the one...it was not.
Some good recent ones off the top of my head.

It Follows

You're Next

Green Room

The Babadook

The Witch

The Invitation

Insidious

I haven't seen Get Out yet, but heard good things.

Also I like The Conjuring, although not so much the sequel or Annabelle the spinoff.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2017, 10:09:07 AM »
My folks never censored our art...so I read King very young as well.  My third grade book report on Thinner prompted a parent/teacher meeting.

Was allowed to watch Buddy Hackett, Pryor, Eddie Murphy and tons...literal fuck tons...of George Carlin.

My parents went out one night and left my older sister in charge (she was around 11 and I was 8.)  The folks had been watching The Exorcist on HBO.  Just as the front door closed behind them "HELP ME" showed up on Linda's stomach and I was fucking terrified.  Cujo fucked with me pretty hard as well.

The one thing my mom ever confiscated from my sisters and I?  As Nasty As They Wanna Be.  Never understood her logic there.  But a dubbed Memorex labelled "Motley Crue - Too Fast For Love" kept her in the dark shortly thereafter.
My parents also thought dirty words in music were somehow worse than dirty words and visuals in film. I also was baffled by the logic. Must be a generational thing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2017, 10:26:22 AM »
Some good recent ones off the top of my head.
i already reviewed most of these
It Follows -- terrible

You're Next -- decent. Liked it better the second time I watched it.

Green Room - gratingly awful. The worst

The Babadook -- eh

The Witch -- booooo

The Invitation -- fair

Insidious -- insipid

I haven't seen Get Out yet, but heard good things. -- it's ok

Also I like The Conjuring, although not so much the sequel or Annabelle the spinoff. -- lazy horror
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2017, 11:09:12 AM »

So, this explains why you turned out so weird.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2017, 11:15:29 AM »
So, this explains why you turned out so weird.
Actually it's because his brain is filled with malted hops and bong resin.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2017, 12:08:57 PM »
Glaring omission. 

I blame the sexy children
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2017, 01:27:08 PM »
I love Stephen King books. His movies can never match the menace.  I heard a guy say yesterday that the Cujo he imagined while reading was a hundred times more terrifying than the dog in the movie he felt sorry for.  And I think that's the truth of all King movies.  He has the rare ability to write so well he's able to create visions and terrors in your head that can't be recreated on film. 

It, The Stand, Pet Semetary... great books.  Horrible movies.  I'd like to see The Stand as an HBO series.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2017, 01:44:23 PM »
I love Stephen King books. His movies can never match the menace.  I heard a guy say yesterday that the Cujo he imagined while reading was a hundred times more terrifying than the dog in the movie he felt sorry for.  And I think that's the truth of all King movies.  He has the rare ability to write so well he's able to create visions and terrors in your head that can't be recreated on film. 

It, The Stand, Pet Semetary... great books.  Horrible movies.  I'd like to see The Stand as an HBO series.
I haven't read King but I can relate to the part about the written word being more powerful. For example, I can't imagine Chizad being gayer in real life than his posts make him appear.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions