Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Ivanka

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Ivanka
« on: March 21, 2017, 06:46:06 PM »
Any concerns with a non-appointed, non-confirmed person getting an office in the WH...AND phone/devices with govt encryption?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Ivanka
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 08:01:12 PM »
Any concerns with a non-appointed, non-confirmed person getting an office in the WH...AND phone/devices with govt encryption?

You want a fucks given counter too?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

wesfau2

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 08:29:31 PM »
You want a fucks given counter too?

I know you're being glib, but does it truly not bother you that someone is being given all this access with none of the required vetting?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 08:55:11 PM »
I know you're being glib, but does it truly not bother you that someone is being given all this access with none of the required vetting?

It's because she is the smart one in the family.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2017, 08:56:55 PM »
It's because she is the smart one in the family.

Then she should have gotten elected...or confirmed by Congress.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 09:12:53 PM by wesfau2 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2017, 09:03:42 PM »

Personally I would prefer the vetting.  BUT, the same vetting system allowed the Clintons to operate for decades as politicians while lining their pockets off tax payers.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2017, 09:05:04 PM »

No.  It doesn't.  "Access" my ass.  Just another (pun coming) trumped up pile of bullshit.  They're going to keep throwing shit at the wall against him and the end result isn't going to be what they think it is. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2017, 09:12:20 PM »
Personally I would prefer the vetting.  BUT, the same vetting system allowed the Clintons to operate for decades as politicians while lining their pockets off tax payers.

Going to need citations to the Clintons setting anyone up with an office at 1600 Pennsylvania...and getting them govt encrypted phones...for this comparison to stand.

No.  It doesn't.  "Access" my ass.  Just another (pun coming) trumped up pile of bullshit.  They're going to keep throwing shit at the wall against him and the end result isn't going to be what they think it is. 

Not terribly surprising, but dismaying.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2017, 09:13:18 PM »
The she should have gotten elected...or confirmed by Congress.

She's a damn sight easier on the eyes than the Prez. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2017, 09:18:30 PM »
She's a damn sight easier on the eyes than the Prez.

Not disputing that.  Hell, even her daddy wants to bang her.  Admittedly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2017, 09:23:50 PM »
Not disputing that.  Hell, even her daddy wants to bang her.  Admittedly.

In answer to your original question, it's a dumbass move by the Prez.  If she is to be considered a government employee, and she is, then go through the proper ethics clearance and avoid all this BS.  He's bringing this on himself and deserves the shit storm that's already raining down. 

I'm not worried in the least about her or her role.  But Jeebus Donald, quit soft tossing ammunition to the thousands of critics.  It's unnecessary.  Just do it the right way the first time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2017, 09:28:46 PM »
In answer to your original question, it's a dumbass move by the Prez.  If she is to be considered a government employee, and she is, then go through the proper ethics clearance and avoid all this BS.  He's bringing this on himself and deserves the shit storm that's already raining down. 

I'm not worried in the least about her or her role.  But Jeebus Donald, quit soft tossing ammunition to the thousands of critics.  It's unnecessary.  Just do it the right way the first time.

Ok...but how do you reconcile those two opinions?

Is it ok because he's doing it...or is it impermissible...or is it not ok, but she's hot?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2017, 09:29:06 PM »
Going to need citations to the Clintons setting anyone up with an office at 1600 Pennsylvania...and getting them govt encrypted phones...for this comparison to stand.

Not terribly surprising, but dismaying.

Also not terribly surprising, but dismaying is you shitting your pants over it. 

She's getting a secure phone.  Whoopdefucking doodeedoodeedoo.  You don't even know what level of "access" she's gonna have.  You don't know how many other hundreds of thousands of people have some level of access now or in the past.  You don't know how all of them were provided access and clearance.  They damn sure didn't all go in front of fucking congress.

But by all means.  Shit your pants over another trumped up nothing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2017, 09:31:05 PM »

There is no comparison that I'm aware of and that isn't really what I'm saying.  The "vetting" has allowed some slimy crooked politicians into the extremely important positions for years.  I have no reason to believe they wouldn't have allowed her anyway. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2017, 09:38:10 PM »
Also not terribly surprising, but dismaying is you shitting your pants over it. 

She's getting a secure phone.  Whoopdefucking doodeedoodeedoo.  You don't even know what level of "access" she's gonna have.  You don't know how many other hundreds of thousands of people have some level of access now or in the past.  You don't know how all of them were provided access and clearance.  They damn sure didn't all go in front of fucking congress.

But by all means.  Shit your pants over another trumped up nothing.

Presumably she's getting a phone that will allow her to receive state secrets...without any oversight. 

This should bother you.

I'm not terribly surprised that it doesn't.

There is no comparison that I'm aware of and that isn't really what I'm saying.  The "vetting" has allowed some slimy crooked politicians into the extremely important positions for years.  I have no reason to believe they wouldn't have allowed her anyway. 

I don't even know what this means.  She now has unprecedented access to information that is otherwise unavailable.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2017, 09:39:12 PM »
Ok...but how do you reconcile those two opinions?

Is it ok because he's doing it...or is it impermissible...or is it not ok, but she's hot?

I can't reconcile the hotness.  It is what it is.  My problem is whether salaried or not, she's still considered a government employee and as such, needs to go through the proper ethics "vetting" if you will.  He'd take some shit for putting another family member in the WH anyway.  I don't have a problem with that at all.  Unfortunately, too much of politics are all about favors and who you know etc.  Just be open about it and go through the proper channels and three people are left to do their obligatory bitching.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2017, 09:40:46 PM »
I can't reconcile the hotness.  It is what it is.  My problem is whether salaried or not, she's still considered a government employee and as such, needs to go through the proper ethics "vetting" if you will.  He'd take some shit for putting another family member in the WH anyway.  I don't have a problem with that at all.  Unfortunately, too much of politics are all about favors and who you know etc.  Just be open about it and go through the proper channels and three people are left to do their obligatory bitching.

Goddamn.  I'm a member of the bar and can't figure out where you land on this.  Simple question: ok or not?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2017, 09:46:12 PM »
Goddamn.  I'm a member of the bar and can't figure out where you land on this.  Simple question: ok or not?

Gawt Damn. I already said I'm fine with her in the position.  It's just the way The Donald is going about it that's causing the problem.  Not that hard to comprehend.  This:

Ambassador Norm Eisen, former White House Ethics Counsel under President Obama, said. “So we are headed for yet another Trump ethics dispute in a White House and administration that is already chock full of them.”

Eisen said that, despite these conditions confirmed by the White House, Ivanka Trump is subject by law to ethics rules, and not voluntarily subject to them as she and the administration have claimed.

“Why not head it off by going all the way now, and fully submitting to ethics rules rather than the half-measures that have been laid out, however positive their direction?” Eisen said.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2017, 09:47:33 PM »

I don't even know what this means.  She now has unprecedented access to information that is otherwise unavailable.

IF she had been "vetted" and cleared, you'd be ok then?

The vetting system is a joke.  That's what I'm saying.  It's a waste of time.  I would prefer that serious background checks be conducted on every single person seeking a position.  It's not.  It's a charade.  They weren't going to allow Sessions.  They did.  They weren't going to allow (fill in the blank).  They did. 

I'm saying EVEN IF they vetted her it would have taken longer but she'd still be where she is. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2017, 09:48:55 PM »
Gawt Damn. I already said I'm fine with her in the position.  It's just the way The Donald is going about it that's causing the problem.  Not that hard to comprehend.  This:

Ambassador Norm Eisen, former White House Ethics Counsel under President Obama, said. “So we are headed for yet another Trump ethics dispute in a White House and administration that is already chock full of them.”

Eisen said that, despite these conditions confirmed by the White House, Ivanka Trump is subject by law to ethics rules, and not voluntarily subject to them as she and the administration have claimed.

“Why not head it off by going all the way now, and fully submitting to ethics rules rather than the half-measures that have been laid out, however positive their direction?” Eisen said.

So...trying not to put words (or big meaty cocks) in your mouth...but...your answer is:

This shit is wrong without proper protocol.

Why is that so hard to say?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions