Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

2017 Installment of MLB Bitchin' & Moanin'.

Re: 2017 Installment of MLB Bitchin' & Moanin'.
« Reply #200 on: June 25, 2017, 09:31:59 PM »
Wainright is 35.  $19.5 mil salary.  The Cards might be better served to trade him to a contender so they could get a year or two from a "been there, done that" pitcher.  Looked at his bio.  Dude is 6'7".  Daayyuummm!!!

Grichuk is a good looking prospect.  Only 25 and has some good experience.  3 years in the show with 48 HR's.  The kind of guy that could explode.

On another note, my boys got beyotch slapped 7-0 by the Brew Crew today.   

No team is going to pick up a 35 year old pitcher for 19.5 this year and next, especially when they are 7-5 with a 5+ era.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #201 on: June 25, 2017, 11:04:54 PM »
No team is going to pick up a 35 year old pitcher for 19.5 this year and next, especially when they are 7-5 with a 5+ era.

I'm sorry...Bartolo Colon, Y.R. Dickey and the Braves want to Skype with you for a moment.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #202 on: June 26, 2017, 05:41:51 AM »
I'm sorry...Bartolo Colon, Y.R. richardey and the Braves want to Skype with you for a moment.

But he was an all star last year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #203 on: June 26, 2017, 04:45:32 PM »

He could be a solid #3 or #4 for a team wanting to make a run this year. I have seen worse trades.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #204 on: June 26, 2017, 05:00:30 PM »
He could be a solid #3 or #4 for a team wanting to make a run this year. I have seen worse trades.

If he were a FA at the end of this season, I'd agree with you, but unless the Cards throw in a ton of cash, I'm not sure a team would want him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #205 on: June 26, 2017, 06:13:38 PM »
If he were a FA at the end of this season, I'd agree with you, but unless the Cards throw in a ton of cash, I'm not sure a team would want him.

A team will do a lot if they think their window for a championship is closing...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #206 on: June 27, 2017, 12:00:51 AM »
Right now, it certainly looks like there are a few teams that are head AND shoulders above the rest of the bunch. Hell, the Dodgers are on a 10 game winning streak. Then there is the Astros, ASTRO of all teams, stroking it. I am curious to see though who is still hitting on all cylinders at the end of August. It's pretty well known that the Cubs will be hitting it hard for some additional pitching before the trade deadline and to be honest, that's all they really need. They seem to have hitters coming out from there arses.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #207 on: June 28, 2017, 01:06:46 PM »
Hey Miguel, I get what you're saying but you don't think it's got anything to do with the highlighted part?  Buh-bye!!!  ESPN

WASHINGTON -- The Chicago Cubs will designate catcher Miguel Montero for assignment, according to a source familiar with the situation, one day after he publicly called out starter Jake Arrieta for seven stolen bases off them by the Washington Nationals in a 6-1 loss Tuesday night.

"That's the reason they were running left and right today because they (Arrieta) were slow to the plate," Montero said after the game. "Simple as that. It's a shame it's my fault because I didn't throw anyone out.

Miguel Montero is 0 for 31 throwing out would-be base stealers this season.

"It really sucked because the stolen bases go on me but when you really look at it the pitcher doesn't give me any time so yeah, 'Miggy can't throw anyone out' but my pitchers don't hold anyone on."

It's not the first time Montero, 33, has spoken out. On the day of the Cubs' parade to celebrate their World Series championship last season, he was critical of how manager Joe Maddon used him throughout the year while also questioning communication between the two. A spring training dinner cleared the air but apparently Tuesday was the last straw. After hearing his comments Tuesday, teammate Anthony Rizzo fired back at Montero.

Chicago Cubs 1B Anthony Rizzo reacts to catcher Miguel Montero's locker-room rant, during which he blamed Jake Arrieta's slow delivery for the Nationals' seven stolen bases.

"We win as a team we lose as a team," Rizzo said during his weekly appearance on ESPN 1000. "If you start pointing fingers that just labels you as a selfish player. I disagree. We have another catcher (Willson Contreras) who throws out everyone who steals and he (catches) Jon Lester who doesn't pick over. It's no secret. Going to the media with things like that, I don't think it's very professional."

The Cubs are calling up Triple-A catcher Victor Caratini to take his place, according to ESPN.com's Buster Olney.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #208 on: June 28, 2017, 01:38:44 PM »
It's pretty well known that the Cubs will be hitting it hard for some additional pitching before the trade deadline and to be honest, that's all they really need. They seem to have hitters coming out from there arses.

Chicago is currently:

14/15 in team BA.
6/15 in team HR.
9/15 in team RBI.
8/15 in team OBP.
10/15 in team SLG.

3/15 in Team ERA
3/15 in Team BAA

I wouldn't say they are fine with batting, and need pitching, I'd say the exact opposite.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #209 on: June 28, 2017, 02:16:25 PM »
If the Braves had some hitters and their pitching was better, especially with the starters, middle relievers and closers, and if they played much better defense, they'd be better.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #210 on: June 28, 2017, 04:09:44 PM »
If the Braves had some hitters and their pitching was better, especially with the starters, middle relievers and closers, and if they played much better defense, they'd be better.

If the Cardinals could score more than their opponents every game, they would be undefeated.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #211 on: June 28, 2017, 04:49:52 PM »
If the Cardinals could score more than their opponents every game, they would be undefeated.

Can you back up that claim?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #212 on: June 28, 2017, 06:26:51 PM »
Can you back up that claim?

It's more of a theory.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #213 on: June 29, 2017, 04:12:40 PM »
Woo-Hoo!!!! :pb: :taz: :dance2: 

A blurb from the Braves Official Website.

Colon, the oldest active major leaguer at 44, was 2-8 with an 8.14 ERA in 13 starts for the Braves after signing a one-year, $12.5 million free-agent contract in November.

They let his lard ass go.  They were down 6-0 last night quicker than you can work up a good fart after a Burrito Supreme.  I didn't understand the move to sign him and waste all that money right from the start.  I would have been much happier with them bringing one of their young pitchers along.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #214 on: June 29, 2017, 04:27:31 PM »
Woo-Hoo!!!! :pb: :taz: :dance2: 

A blurb from the Braves Official Website.

Colon, the oldest active major leaguer at 44, was 2-8 with an 8.14 ERA in 13 starts for the Braves after signing a one-year, $12.5 million free-agent contract in November.

They let his lard ass go.  They were down 6-0 last night quicker than you can work up a good fart after a Burrito Supreme.  I didn't understand the move to sign him and waste all that money right from the start.  I would have been much happier with them bringing one of their young pitchers along.

He was 15-8 with a 3.43 era last year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #215 on: June 29, 2017, 04:56:21 PM »

And he gave up between 15 and 8 runs every 3.4 innings this year. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #216 on: June 29, 2017, 05:09:15 PM »

Facts.  PFffffft....

I was still against signing him for the simple fact that he's 44 and they are giving $12.5 large to his large ass. I'll admit I thought he might give them a solid season because of his experience.  But, management tore the team down to the core in order to rebuild through their farm system and with younger players through trades.  So, they promptly go out and spend this kind of money on 2 pitchers well into their 40's.  Dickey, I can sort of understand because he throws teh knuckles and you can do that shit at 60.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #217 on: June 30, 2017, 09:26:19 AM »
Snags, I get you.  Just stating that I sorta get why they sign a veteran who was an All Star last year.  I wouldn't have done it, but I understand.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #218 on: July 08, 2017, 10:42:21 PM »
1 game from the All-Star break.  The AL is tight in the East and Central with the Red Sox holding a 3.5 game lead over the Yankme's and the Indians with a 2.5 game lead over the Royals and Twinkies.  The Astros, who strolled into the Braves back yard and took their lunch money in 2 straight, lead the division by 16 freakin' games.  Seriously?  16 games at the All-Star break?

In the NL, the Dodgers have the same 59-29 record as the Astros in the best division in baseball.  The D'backs are 53-34 and the Rockies are 51-38 and are 8.5 out.  The most interesting race in MLB is the NL Central.  The Brew Crew sits at 49-41.  The Cubbies are 43-44 while the Cards are in 3rd with a 42-45 slate and 5.5 games back.  This one will go down to the wire.  Book it.

My Bravos have no chance to win the division.  Never thought they would.  As I've said numerous times, my best case scenario is a .500 season.  The Nats are the class of the NL East and hold a 51-36 record.  The Braves are in 2nd with a 42-44 record.  They're currently 2-1 against Washington on the last series before the break and beat that Nat ass 13-0 today.  I'm telling you, this team is fun to watch. Blew a 4-1 lead in the 9th last night.  And thank you again to Jarhead for Matt Adams.  288 average with 14 HR and 42 RBI.

Second half of the season, I'll be watching 3 things.  Will the Red Sox (My long since adopted AL team) hold on for a division title?  Can my Braves reach .500 this year?  And the NL Central....Brewers, Cubs and Cards.  Good stuff!   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #219 on: July 09, 2017, 11:13:17 AM »
Unless my Cubbies make some bold moves, they will not be in the playoffs this season.  Not sure what happened, but damn, the current starters should have Chico's Bail Bonds on the backs of their uniforms.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.