Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

2017 Installment of MLB Bitchin' & Moanin'.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: 2017 Installment of MLB Bitchin' & Moanin'.
« Reply #180 on: June 05, 2017, 01:25:45 PM »
I've wanted Donaldson in a Braves uni for years.  But then, who wouldn't? I assume he's been injured because it looks like he's only played in a handful of games so far.  But, the 2-3 previous years, dude has put up sick numbers.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 01:28:25 PM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #181 on: June 14, 2017, 11:21:28 PM »
Update.  The Cards and Cubs are right there within a couple of games of the Brewers. Everybody hovering around the .500 mark.  Still early and you know that both clubs are infinitely better than the Beer Makers in the long run.

In the AL, freakin' NY is knocking the cover off the ball and leading the division.  But my fav AL team, the Red Sox, are playing great and keeping pace.  The Twins?  Really?  No love for that division.  But Houston...damn...Houston is 22 games over .500 and running away with it at this point.  Closest team is Tejas at 11 games back. 

My Braves. What can you say?  7 games under .500 but have just taken 2 of 3 from the best team in the NL on their home field.  In the process, they've scored 11...5 and 13 runs.  If management had gone out and spent the millions they did on a couple of half way decent starting pitchers as opposed to 69 year old, 385 pound Bartolo Colon and 145 year old Y.M. Dickey, this team could be 7 games over .500.

They have 5 guys in the starting line up batting .290 or better.  3 guys over .300.  Oh well.  But I have damn sure had a great time watching them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #182 on: June 15, 2017, 11:09:41 AM »
SO. The GA state championship in 7A baseball was played the day before graduation. This year it was between Etowah High and Woodstock High.

What's the big deal you say? Well these two schools are less than a mile from each other. My daughter just graduated from Etowah. East Cobb baseball is right around the corner and Perfect game complex is 15 miles north of us. SO the talent here is pretty good. Markakis came form Woodstock high and has so far been the only name in a while from this area to get drafted. That changed in the recent draft. Etowah had a kid go at number 41.

He was drafted by the hometown Braves. Maybe we'll see him in the league one day. It's rare you get to watch a kid in high school that is good enough to go that high.

Keep up with him, his name is Drew Waters:

http://www.11alive.com/sports/braves-draft-pick-drew-waters-wants-to-be-the-next-hometown-hero/448642599
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #183 on: June 15, 2017, 03:47:15 PM »
Update.  The Cards and Cubs are right there within a couple of games of the Brewers. Everybody hovering around the .500 mark.  Still early and you know that both clubs are infinitely better than the Beer Makers in the long run.

Not so sure I'd put the Cards in the same category as the Cubs.  Major shakeups this past week, with the GM firing the 3rd Base Coach, and reassigning the assistant hitting coach (yes, the GM did this, not the manager).  GM told the local paper that if things don't turn around in 4 weeks, the Cards will be in a strange position at the trade deadline...  that of being sellers.  I don't think they will win 75 games this year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #184 on: June 15, 2017, 04:38:59 PM »
Not so sure I'd put the Cards in the same category as the Cubs.  Major shakeups this past week, with the GM firing the 3rd Base Coach, and reassigning the assistant hitting coach (yes, the GM did this, not the manager).  GM told the local paper that if things don't turn around in 4 weeks, the Cards will be in a strange position at the trade deadline...  that of being sellers.  I don't think they will win 75 games this year.
That sucks, man.  I almost feel sorry.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #185 on: June 15, 2017, 05:00:17 PM »
That sucks, man.  I almost feel sorry.

I don't know.  Is it just me, or does anyone else detect the slightest hint of sarcasm here?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #186 on: June 15, 2017, 08:31:12 PM »
I don't know.  Is it just me, or does anyone else detect the slightest hint of sarcasm here?

That sound you heard was Snags jumping ahead of Buzz on the list.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #187 on: June 16, 2017, 09:43:35 AM »
That sound you heard was Snags jumping ahead of Buzz on the list.

Click, click.

Like Snaggle said, the Yanks are a hitting machine right now. Imo, it would be the Nats/Rockies in the NL and Yanks/Astros in the AL.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #188 on: June 16, 2017, 10:05:13 AM »
Click, click.

Like Snaggle said, the Yanks are a hitting machine right now. Imo, it would be the Nats/Rockies in the NL and Yanks/Astros in the AL.
Speaking of...I really wish Wench was here now so we could put that voodoo on her Astros.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

djsimp

« Reply #189 on: June 16, 2017, 10:39:32 AM »
Speaking of...I really wish Wench was here now so we could put that voodoo on her Astros.

Im thinking of a covert FB operation......
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #190 on: June 16, 2017, 01:40:07 PM »
Im thinking of a covert FB operation......

Mission complete.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #192 on: June 17, 2017, 10:39:32 PM »
The Braves...still 7 games under .500...win 8-7 in walk-off fashion tonight against the Fish.  Jarhead, definite props for Matt Adams.  Seems to be thriving now, getting his chance while Freeman is on the DL.  10 homers and he had 4 RBI's today alone.  Never paid much attention to him before but watching him now, he has a seriously smooth, powerful swing.  Matt Kemp is out with a barking hammy so Adams more than filled in for the lack of power.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #193 on: June 19, 2017, 10:48:31 PM »
Bravos going to 5 games under .500 as they're up 9-0 in the 9th.  Matt Adams continuing to pay dividends. Another HR and multiple RBI's.  136 year old S.U. Dickey finally threw a good game tonight. 

Come on people.  Give me some bitchin' and moanin'. It's a long season but you've still got to bring it.  My team is 9 games out of first and 5 games under .500 but they can be seriously fun to watch.  Come on Cubbies, Cards, Rangers and Orioles.  Where you at?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #194 on: June 20, 2017, 12:13:36 PM »
Where you at?

Hey! If any of you are looking for any last-minute gift ideas for me, I have one. I'd like Mike Matheny, our manager, right here tonight. I want him brought from his happy holiday slumber over there on Cardinal Lane with all the other rich people and I want him brought right here, with a big ribbon on his head, and I want to look him straight in the eye and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey shit he is! Hallelujah! Holy shit! Where's the Tylenol?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #195 on: June 20, 2017, 02:00:45 PM »
Hey! If any of you are looking for any last-minute gift ideas for me, I have one. I'd like Mike Matheny, our manager, right here tonight. I want him brought from his happy holiday slumber over there on Cardinal Lane with all the other rich people and I want him brought right here, with a big ribbon on his head, and I want to look him straight in the eye and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey shit he is! Hallelujah! Holy shit! Where's the Tylenol?

Alrighty.  That should about cover the Cardinals.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #196 on: June 20, 2017, 02:28:38 PM »
Hey! If any of you are looking for any last-minute gift ideas for me, I have one. I'd like Mike Matheny, our manager, right here tonight. I want him brought from his happy holiday slumber over there on Cardinal Lane with all the other rich people and I want him brought right here, with a big ribbon on his head, and I want to look him straight in the eye and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, richardless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey shoot he is! Hallelujah! Holy shoot! Where's the Tylenol?

That's the gift that keeps on givin the whole year round Jar.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #197 on: June 24, 2017, 09:15:20 PM »
Alright damn it.  We're doing our part in taking down the front running Brewers.  Took the first 2 of the series with Brandon Freeman taking one deep for the difference. 

The Cubs are a 1/2 game out.  Jar...get your freakin' Cards in gear.  I want to see a down to the wire Cubs/Cards race.  My Bravos are now just 2 games under .500 and STILL 9 games out.  I just want to see them play .500 ball this season and I'll be sassified. 

AU1, what the frickity fickity fruck is up with your Orioles?  I saw a stat that today was the first time in 20 games that they didn't allow at least 5 runs.  I haven't paid attention to them.  Injuries?  What's the deal there, Jerry Seinfeld?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #198 on: June 25, 2017, 03:08:44 PM »
ar...get your freakin' Cards in gear. 

They are like the fucking Bad News Bears.

If starting pitching does well, bats go hidden, or the bullpen blows it.  If starting pitching is in the shitter, the bats score 4 or 5, but it doesn't matter, because we have had one starter turn in back to back quality starts over the past 2 or 3 weeks (and he has lost several 2-1, or 3-2 decisions).

Randal Grichuk is getting called up today.  I think the Cards are hoping he gets hot, so they can trade him.  I expect him and Trevor Rosenthal (more like Blowsenthal) will be the first two gone.  I would put the only safe Cardinals as Molina, Martinez, and Fowler (Poscotty and Wong, also, but only because they signed 5 year deals in the off season, and I don't think anyone would want 5 years of shitty baseball from a Left Fielder or Second baseman).  I love Waino, but it's time for him to move to the pen.  Everyone else, I would consider for something.  Even Matt Carpenter.  I think you could get something really good for him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #199 on: June 25, 2017, 08:08:44 PM »
They are like the fucking Bad News Bears.

If starting pitching does well, bats go hidden, or the bullpen blows it.  If starting pitching is in the shitter, the bats score 4 or 5, but it doesn't matter, because we have had one starter turn in back to back quality starts over the past 2 or 3 weeks (and he has lost several 2-1, or 3-2 decisions).

Randal Grichuk is getting called up today.  I think the Cards are hoping he gets hot, so they can trade him.  I expect him and Trevor Rosenthal (more like Blowsenthal) will be the first two gone.  I would put the only safe Cardinals as Molina, Martinez, and Fowler (Poscotty and Wong, also, but only because they signed 5 year deals in the off season, and I don't think anyone would want 5 years of shitty baseball from a Left Fielder or Second baseman).  I love Waino, but it's time for him to move to the pen.  Everyone else, I would consider for something.  Even Matt Carpenter.  I think you could get something really good for him.

Wainright is 35.  $19.5 mil salary.  The Cards might be better served to trade him to a contender so they could get a year or two from a "been there, done that" pitcher.  Looked at his bio.  Dude is 6'7".  Daayyuummm!!!

Grichuk is a good looking prospect.  Only 25 and has some good experience.  3 years in the show with 48 HR's.  The kind of guy that could explode.

On another note, my boys got beyotch slapped 7-0 by the Brew Crew today.   
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 08:13:29 PM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions