Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

2017 Installment of MLB Bitchin' & Moanin'.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Re: 2017 Installment of MLB Bitchin' & Moanin'.
« Reply #120 on: May 18, 2017, 01:06:31 PM »
New York Yankees
24-13, 1st in American League East

Haters eat shit.  :clap:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

chinook

« Reply #121 on: May 18, 2017, 02:40:28 PM »
New York Yankees
24-13, 1st in American League East

Haters eat shit.  :clap:

Well there are only 2 types of Yankee fans...faggots and little Asian boys.  I'm thinking you aren't Asian. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #122 on: May 18, 2017, 02:48:18 PM »
Well there are only 2 types of Yankee fans...faggots and little Asian boys.  I'm thinking you aren't Asian.

He can't be both?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #123 on: May 18, 2017, 07:59:23 PM »
So last night, the Braves continued another streak in beating the Blow Jays for the 3rd night in a row.  They're now due for a 6 game losing streak and with the Nationals coming to town Friday, they should be able to get a good start on that.  But last night, a relief pitcher for the Bravos struck out a Toronto batter to retire the side.  The BJ batter says something to the pitcher, the ump jumps in and the benches start to clear and they jaw back and forth a bit.  Never could tell what the problem was.  Next inning, Jose Bautista Launched one over the left field wall and true to form, does the dramatic bat flip. They were down 8-3 at the time.  The benches cleared again with mostly pointing and jawing. Love the relief pitcher's quote after the game.

“I’m surprised he’s ready to fight again after last year,” O’Flaherty told reporters, laughing, referring to Bautista getting punched by Rougned Odor of the Texas Rangers in 2016, a skirmish that all stemmed from Bautista’s 2015 flip heard round the world. Bautista, to his credit, admitted that the flip after Wednesday’s homer “was definitely not something that was fitting for the moment."

You left out the most important part. Freeman was hit on the hand. Broken bones. Out ten weeks!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #124 on: May 18, 2017, 10:49:19 PM »
The Blow Jays hit 7 batters in the series and put Freeman (Leading the Majors in HR's) out for 10 weeks.  Pillar was suspended for 2 games for calling the Braves reliever a faggot and Bautista flipped his bat like a punk ass bitch.  Braves won 3 of 4 but basically walked away with the season over.

Here come the Nationals.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #125 on: May 19, 2017, 11:02:46 AM »
The Blow Jays hit 7 batters in the series and put Freeman (Leading the Majors in HR's) out for 10 weeks.  Pillar was suspended for 2 games for calling the Braves reliever a faggot and Bautista flipped his bat like a punk ass bitch.  Braves won 3 of 4 but basically walked away with the season over.

Here come the Nationals.

I so wish Josh Donaldson would get traded out of Toronto. The Blue Jays team and fans seem to be some punk asses.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #126 on: May 19, 2017, 11:30:47 AM »
I so wish Josh Donaldson would get traded out of Toronto. The Blue Jays team and fans seem to be some punk asses.

Like to Atlanta!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #127 on: May 19, 2017, 12:02:38 PM »
Try losing to them for 2 years in a row in the play-offs...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #128 on: May 19, 2017, 12:39:12 PM »
Try losing to them for 2 years in a row in the play-offs...

You guys came home and got red hot!  Headed out for a 9 game vacation that includes a few days in scenic Toronto.  Tell your guys to please send them my love....with a Louisville Slugger to the knee caps.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #129 on: May 19, 2017, 01:35:12 PM »
So of the teams that the few of us posters give a rat's ass about, the early season tallies look like this.

Braves:  15-21

Cubs:  18-19

Cards:  21-15

Rangers:  20-20

Orioles:  22-14

I'm a Red Sox fan.  Braves and Sox. 

21-19  Third in AL East
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #130 on: May 19, 2017, 02:14:30 PM »
I'm a Red Sox fan.  Braves and Sox. 

21-19  Third in AL East

I pull for the Sox as well as my favorite American League team.  More from an anti-Yankee standpoint than anything else.  Loved Ortiz and I find myself not as interested now that he's retired.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #131 on: May 19, 2017, 02:45:52 PM »
You guys came home and got red hot!  Headed out for a 9 game vacation that includes a few days in scenic Toronto.  Tell your guys to please send them my love....with a Louisville Slugger to the knee caps.

Well, it is San Diego, the A's and Phillies...take a look at their records and tell me if it was some good feat. But, it got them a little momentum maybe for a tough stretch in Toronto, Detroit and somewhere else I can't remember. If they win 3 of the next 6 I will be surprised...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #132 on: May 19, 2017, 11:53:31 PM »
Well, it is San Diego, the A's and Phillies...take a look at their records and tell me if it was some good feat. But, it got them a little momentum maybe for a tough stretch in Toronto, Detroit and somewhere else I can't remember. If they win 3 of the next 6 I will be surprised...

The Freddie-less Braves take game 1 from the Nationals with a great 8th inning, 7-4.  Thanks Orioles for Markakis.  Solid ass player entering his 3rd season with the Bravos.  Texas makes it 10 in a row with a 5-3 win over Detroit to kick off a 9 game road trip.   :thumsup:

Cubbies take it on the chin from the Brew Crew, the second hottest team in MLB behind the Rangers.  Cards give up a 9th inning lead as SF scores 2 in the top of the 9th.  I think the game is still going. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #133 on: May 20, 2017, 09:58:04 PM »
Braves get Matt Adams from the Cards for cash and minor leaguer Juan Yepez.

So, Snags, the skinny on Adams... He's a first baseman, that honestly should hit for a lot more power than he does.  He dropped 30 pounds before the season started, but just couldn't get a crack to be the everyday first baseman.  We tried him in LF, but he's just not an OF.  I'm glad he will get a shot to be in the lineup everyday.

With Piscotti coming back from the DL, we didn't have space for him (with him, STL has 7 infielders on the 25 man roster), and I wish him nothing but the best. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #134 on: May 21, 2017, 12:08:33 AM »
Braves get Matt Adams from the Cards for cash and minor leaguer Juan Yepez.

So, Snags, the skinny on Adams... He's a first baseman, that honestly should hit for a lot more power than he does.  He dropped 30 pounds before the season started, but just couldn't get a crack to be the everyday first baseman.  We tried him in LF, but he's just not an OF.  I'm glad he will get a shot to be in the lineup everyday.

With Piscotti coming back from the DL, we didn't have space for him (with him, STL has 7 infielders on the 25 man roster), and I wish him nothing but the best.

Thanks for the info.  Been out of town and just now seeing this.  I'm good with them making this move to try and fill the void Freeman will leave until at least August.  SunTrust seems to be a very hitter friendly park so maybe that will be the change of scenery Adams needs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #135 on: May 22, 2017, 11:12:51 PM »
I love this team.  I've watched more Braves baseball already this season than the last 3-4 years combined.  And they're 19-23.  Second place in the ultra-shitty NL East.  But I'll take it.  Best player, Freddie Freeman gone, but they continue to battle.  Ender Inciarte goes 5-5 tonight.  My newest favorite Brave, Brandon Phillips, had a hell of a night, including his 200th HR of his career.  And Jarhead's loaner, Matt Adams, got his first 2 hits as a Brave, which included a homer in a 5-2 win.

For those who may be watching or don't give a shit, Brandon Phillips is what it's all about.  Having fun, smiling and having some of the most "professional" at-bats you've ever seen.  Love this guy!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #136 on: May 23, 2017, 09:06:25 AM »
And, he steals quotes from Buzz...

I’d play against these guys with one leg. We have to beat these guys. I hate the Cardinals.
All they do is bitch and moan about everything, all of them, they’re little bitches, all of ‘em.
I really hate the Cardinals. Compared to the Cardinals, I love the Chicago Cubs.

Let me make this clear: I hate the Cardinals.

— Brandon Phillips, August 9, 2010
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #137 on: May 23, 2017, 09:27:31 AM »
And, he steals quotes from Buzz...

— Brandon Phillips, August 9, 2010

I really like this Phillips guy
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #138 on: May 23, 2017, 09:30:48 AM »
I really like this Phillips guy

He speaks for several of us.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #139 on: May 23, 2017, 12:56:35 PM »
Braves/Cubs in the NLCS.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions