Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Alternative Facts Leaking Into Sports

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Alternative Facts Leaking Into Sports
« Reply #100 on: January 27, 2017, 11:01:25 AM »
JF68 is one of my biggest gripes with Malzahn, far more than QB development.  I was opposed to signing this kid from the minute they started talking about it.  At least as a QB.  He's fast, no doubt. Then sign him as an athlete. Let him return punts.  Play in the slot.  Recreate the Ontario MacKalib role. But an SEC quarterback when he's 147 pounds, 4'9" and couldn't start in JUCO, much less FSU? 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #101 on: January 27, 2017, 11:12:56 AM »
JF68 is one of my biggest gripes with Malzahn, far more than QB development.  I was opposed to signing this kid from the minute they started talking about it.  At least as a QB.  He's fast, no doubt. Then sign him as an athlete. Let him return punts.  Play in the slot.  Recreate the Ontario MacKalib role. But an SEC quarterback when he's 147 pounds, 4'9" and couldn't start in JUCO, much less FSU?

If I remember correctly, didn't Gus balk at signing at first and went with Rhetts plea? Anyways, I doubt Frankin stays at QB now with Stidham, White and Woody at that position.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #102 on: January 27, 2017, 11:20:22 AM »
If I remember correctly, didn't Gus balk at signing at first and went with Rhetts plea? Anyways, I doubt Frankin stays at QB now with Stidham, White and Woody at that position.

Everything I read was that Lashlee was the one smitten like a kitten after watching JF195 run for the touchdowns.  Gus should have said, "Wait, the football is bigger than this kid is."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #103 on: January 27, 2017, 11:22:51 AM »
No doubt. And if it ends badly Malzahn has nobody to blame but himself.

I çriticize Malzahn but I have to give him credit for bringing in strong classes and making some decent hires. Just want him to succeed and hope Chip can make it happen.

One more thing.
Being old like myself and some others around here...I know there were past years where we would have been thrilled just to have half of the shit to complain about that we have today.
Just saying there have been years when we just had to play the hand we were dealt.

Such is life.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #104 on: January 27, 2017, 11:45:24 AM »
No doubt. And if it ends badly Malzahn has nobody to blame but himself.

I çriticize Malzahn but I have to give him credit for bringing in strong classes and making some decent hires. Just want him to succeed and hope Chip can make it happen.

One more thing.
Being old like myself and some others around here...I know there were past years where we would have been thrilled just to have half of the shit to complain about that we have today.
Just saying there have been years when we just had to play the hand we were dealt.

Such is life.

In one sense, we're LSU the last few years under Miles.  Top 10 classes every year.  Talent out the yang-yang all over the field.  But the two critical areas, play calling/scheme and QB have gone Kabo Wabo. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #105 on: January 27, 2017, 12:11:20 PM »
In one sense, we're LSU the last few years under Miles.  Top 10 classes every year.  Talent out the yang-yang all over the field.  But the two critical areas, play calling/scheme and QB have gone Kabo Wabo.
True, and yet AU, State and Ole Piss can beat them.

And how is it that there is this insane narrative every season building up their game with Alabama?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #106 on: January 27, 2017, 12:12:23 PM »

Thanks Sammy!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #107 on: January 27, 2017, 12:16:18 PM »
Thanks Sammy!

Post my face wanted dead or alive.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #108 on: January 27, 2017, 12:21:26 PM »

That would explain some of the game plans. No sober person would make some of those calls.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #109 on: January 27, 2017, 12:23:36 PM »

AGAIN...He can't hold on to the Ball!!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #110 on: January 27, 2017, 12:24:54 PM »

That would explain some of the game plans. No sober person would make some of those calls.

Well they might...If they thought they had created the world's greatest play and that it could just save the world!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

jmar

« Reply #111 on: January 27, 2017, 12:26:12 PM »
He has a good point ya know.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #112 on: January 27, 2017, 12:28:03 PM »
Well they might...If they thought they had created the world's greatest play and that it could just save the world!
Twirly Bird can't save shit. Dat already been decided.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #113 on: January 27, 2017, 12:33:42 PM »
Twirly Bird can't save shit. Dat already been decided.

But he did not know that when he was locked in a room for two days straight inventing it!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #114 on: January 27, 2017, 12:35:54 PM »
But he did not know that when he was locked in a room for two days straight inventing it!
It must be some kind of torture being a genius and all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #115 on: January 27, 2017, 12:49:13 PM »

So, you saying JF423 to DB?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #116 on: January 27, 2017, 01:37:53 PM »
So, you saying JF423 to DB?
Orrrrr we could trade him for a few Boston butts and a keg of beer.

Probably just get the keg...

of Natty Light.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #117 on: January 27, 2017, 01:53:13 PM »

And there's that, too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #118 on: January 27, 2017, 02:23:42 PM »
Orrrrr we could trade him for a few Boston butts and a keg of beer.

Probably just get the keg...

of Natty Light.

If we add Buzz to the deal think they might upgrade the beer selection?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

jmar

« Reply #119 on: January 27, 2017, 03:11:15 PM »

If we add Buzz to the deal think they might upgrade the beer selection?
We might rate a half keg of Mickey's Malt Liquor.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions