Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Why would you?

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
Why would you?
« on: December 14, 2016, 03:27:42 PM »
http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/auburn-football/auburn-lands-no-2-juco-te-country/

Needing some toys for new QB Jarrett Stidham to play with, Auburn went out and got one of the nation’s top JUCO tight ends.

2017 TE Salvatore Cannella signed with Auburn on Wednesday. Considered the nation’s No. 2 TE by 247Sports, Cannella chose the Tigers over the likes of Texas and Maryland.

The 6-foot-6, 230-pound pass-catcher is a long, athletic player. Originally hailing from Illinois, Cannella had been playing at Scottsdale Community College.

In 2016, Auburn Tigers tight ends combined for one catch for 15 yards. Landing Cannella should help the production totals (or lack thereof). Jalen Harris is also the only scholarship tight end currently on the roster.

It also gives QB transfer Jarrett Stidham (should he start) another weapon to utilize.

Speaking to Rivals.com, Cannella had this to say about his commitment to Gus Malzahn’s program:

“I feel like Auburn is the best fit for me. I really like it at Auburn. I really like the coaches and players, and I will be playing in the best conference in the country and going against the best competition in the country. I connected with the coaches on a personal level, and not just about football. I really feel comfortable with them, and believe they have my best interests in mind.

As a junior college guy, you want to go somewhere you can compete and have a chance to play right away. Auburn offers that opportunity, and that was a big thing to me.”
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Why would you?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2016, 03:44:33 PM »
Let's see...1 catch from 1 Tight End.  Wait, we only got one got damn Tight End?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

dallaswareagle

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2016, 04:00:28 PM »
Let's see...1 catch from 1 Tight End.  Wait, we only got one got damn Tight End?

We can look forward to two catches next year? Do think they will give them all to one or spilt them between the two?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2016, 04:03:28 PM »

We can look forward to two catches next year? Do think they will give them all to one or spilt them between the two?

- Eleventy billion
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2016, 04:47:42 PM »
They forgot to mention that one catch was also a Touchdown. 1 TE, 1 catch, 1 TD...next year? 2 TDs.  #Championship
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2016, 07:45:47 PM »
They forgot to mention that one catch was also a Touchdown. 1 TE, 1 catch, 1 TD...next year? 2 TDs.  #Championship

#PimpCup
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2016, 12:03:39 AM »
Ant time we sign a top TE, I wonder wth the coaches told them.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

chinook

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2016, 01:03:42 AM »

Ant time?   Awesome. I'm not the only one that lives in a fucked up time zone.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2016, 08:57:19 AM »
Ant time?   Awesome. I'm not the only one that lives in a fucked up time zone.

I'm ambivalent about Paul Rudd, but I did enjoy his character in CA: Civil War.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2016, 10:32:09 AM »
You guys aren't thinking bigger picture here.

His name is Cannella.  He's from Chicago.

PAWWWWLLLLL...  Them Aubies are in with the mob!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2016, 02:11:42 PM »
You guys aren't thinking bigger picture here.

His name is Cannella.  He's from Chicago.

PAWWWWLLLLL...  Them Aubies are in with the mob!
And Salvatore...he makes a good a pizza pie.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

dallaswareagle

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2016, 02:27:05 PM »

I understand you. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2016, 08:27:53 AM »
I'm ambivalent about Paul Rudd, but I did enjoy his character in CA: Civil War.

I'm not Ben Affleck
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2016, 08:45:25 AM »
All of that talent and they can't seem to design plays that include the tight end? That's wtf.

:pee:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions