Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Do you take Sugar? One lump or two?

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Do you take Sugar? One lump or two?
« on: December 04, 2016, 04:09:34 PM »
http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/120416aag.html

Auburn-Oklahoma will kick off at 7:30 p.m. on Jan. 2 -- that's a Monday -- in the Superdome.

Oh, and of course there is this:
Sugar Bowl berth triggers big contract bonus for Gus Malzahn

$200,000 performance bonus

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2016/12/auburns_sugar_bowl_berth_trigg.html

Gus is like a bomb-bomb-bomb-bomb
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Do you take Sugar? One lump or two?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 11:08:41 AM »
Why do I feel an extraordinary sense of meh?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

chinook

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 11:53:12 AM »

I completely agree with you as well as your statements in another thread about the season and sugar bowl.

This trip is for the players...not the coaches, well perhaps the defensive coaches.  Gus doesn't deserve it.  Rhett doesn't either. 

Yeah...yeah...it's the Sugar Bowl, whatever.  The 2016 version isn't the same Sugar Bowl as our previous trips.  We are an Outback Bowl caliber team.  The SEC imploded didn't follow the blue print.

Anyway...War Damn Eagle.  Fuck chokelohma.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2016, 12:08:34 PM »

This trip is for the players...not the coaches, well perhaps the defensive coaches.  Gus doesn't deserve it.  Rhett doesn't either. 

Wonder if any of them get a $200K kick up for being in that game?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2016, 12:17:46 PM »

Feel the same. In one sense, the defense is a good match up against that offense. BUT, not knowing what cockamamie shit we might put on the field for offense gives me pause to think we might get run out of New Orleans the way Jackson did the British.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2016, 12:30:31 PM »
Becoming more and more clear I'm the only Auburn fan in existence that isn't a cutter and doesn't paint artwork that's sexual & violent.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2016, 12:47:12 PM »
Becoming more and more clear I'm the only Auburn fan in existence that isn't a cutter and doesn't paint artwork that's sexual & violent.

I don't know what that means, but I think I agree with you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2016, 12:57:03 PM »
I don't know what that means, but I think I agree with you.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2016, 01:07:57 PM »

I am actually looking forward to it. Ten years from now, if we win, it will be another Sugar bowl win.

Can't Woody play in the bowl game and keep his redshirt?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2016, 01:08:59 PM »

Easy there, Sigmund. I base my impression on what I have seen on the field from the team and the coaches this year. You seem to base your impression on what you think will happen if this and that.

There was a time when the Sugar Bowl meant something but that time is not 2016.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 01:11:26 PM by The Six »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2016, 01:38:37 PM »
Easy there, Sigmund. I base my impression on what I have seen on the field from the team and the coaches this year. You seem to base your impression on what you think will happen if this and that.

There was a time when the Sugar Bowl meant something but that time is not 2016.

Actually, it means first or second in the SEC. The SEC is still ranked first top to bottom among conferences. So that is a good thing.

Just because some are not happy with the product on the field at times....The Sugar Bowl is still a better bowl than most.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2016, 01:39:21 PM »
I'll obviously watch. As will you. I would watch if it were the Weedeater Bowl.

But I'm most disappoint in the offensive coaching. Our inability to evaluate and develop QB talent.

This isn't intended to be a knock on White. I like the kid.  I think he's a decent QB that could be really good, with the right coaching.

We need the extra practice for next year, regardless of who is playing QB. But, I really hope it's White, in order for us to have a shot at another win.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2016, 02:22:07 PM »
I love Auburn, not just Auburn football.  Right now, I don't like Auburn football very much.  Aside from the Alabama problem, there has been an identity problem at AU for a while. 

I knew what we were going to get with Tuberville.  From Cobb to Leard to Campbell to Cox... We didnt' always have a Heisman Trophy candidate but the position was well coached. 

We didn't have games where we got zero first downs or looked like a blind walrus humping a frying pan.

There's a level of offensive impotence with this team (and others in Gus' past) that I've never seen in my entire history of watching Auburn football.  It's disheartening.  When that shit starts, I don't even want to watch it.  It hurts my brain and eyes and heart.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2016, 02:35:16 PM »
Let's play tummy sticks
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2016, 02:41:19 PM »
Auburn under Gus is like dating a woman who is alcoholic and bipolar. 

One day everything is great and wonderful.  You're the best guy ever, sex is fantastic, everybody's happy. 

Next day she's crying because you left without putting the toilet seat down and she's into her second bottle of pity wine at 6 pm. After she's good and smashed,  she crawls on you to attempt a sexual act but fumbles around, can't get it started, is sort of turning you off and ends up sliding into to sleep. 

You never know which one you're going to get and there's no rhyme or reason for either. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2016, 02:44:36 PM »
Auburn under Gus is like dating a woman who is alcoholic and bipolar. 

One day everything is great and wonderful.  You're the best guy ever, sex is fantastic, everybody's happy. 

Next day she's crying because you left without putting the toilet seat down and she's into her second bottle of pity wine at 6 pm. After she's good and smashed,  she crawls on you to attempt a sexual act but fumbles around, can't get it started, is sort of turning you off and ends up sliding into to sleep. 

You never know which one you're going to get and there's no rhyme or reason for either.

Sexual fantasies about Gus. Interesting.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2016, 02:51:09 PM »
Actually, it means first or second in the SEC. The SEC is still ranked first top to bottom among conferences. So that is a good thing.

Just because some are not happy with the product on the field at times....The Sugar Bowl is still a better bowl than most.
You have never been so sober or made more sense on this board.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2016, 03:26:04 PM »
I am actually looking forward to it. Ten years from now, if we win, it will be another Sugar bowl win.

Can't Woody play in the bowl game and keep his redshirt?

Was he enrolled early?

Not only is it not part of the season, but it is going to technically be 2011

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/lsu-sports/can-freshman-play-in-the-bowl-and-not-lose-red-shirt/23581765/

Oh how I would love to see this. Talk about an unprepared OU defense.

Can we get one of the resident attorneys to decipher this?

14.2.4 Hardship Waiver. A student-athlete may be granted an additional year of competition by the conference or the Committee on Student-Athlete Reinstatement for reasons of “hardship.” Hardship is defined as an incapacity resulting from an injury or illness that has occurred under all of the following conditions: (Revised:
8/8/02, 11/1/07 effective 8/1/08)

(a) The incapacitating injury or illness occurs in one of the four seasons of intercollegiate competition at any two-year or four-year collegiate institutions or occurs after the first day of classes in the student-athlete’s senior
year in high school; (Revised: 1/10/92 effective 8/1/92, 11/01/01, 8/8/02)

(b) The injury or illness occurs prior to the first competition of the second half of the playing season that
concludes with the NCAA championship in that sport (see Bylaw 14.2.4.3.4) and results in incapacity to compete for the remainder of that playing season; (Revised: 1/14/97 effective 8/1/97, 4/26/01 effective 8/1/01,
4/3/02, 4/24/08)

(c) In team sports, the injury or illness occurs when the student-athlete has not participated in more than three contests or dates of competition (whichever is applicable to that sport) or 30 percent (whichever number is greater) of the institution’s scheduled or completed contests or dates of competition in his or her sport. Only
scheduled or completed competition (including exempted events but excluding scrimmages and exhibition contests identified as such in the legislation) against outside participants during the playing season that concludes with the NCAA championship, or, if so designated, during the official NCAA championship playing season in that sport (e.g., spring baseball, fall soccer), shall be countable under this limitation in calculating both the number of contests or dates of competition in which the student-athlete has participated and the number of scheduled or completed contests or dates of competition during that season in the sport. Dates of competition that are exempted (e.g., alumni contests, foreign team in U.S.) from the maximum permissible number of contests or dates of competition shall count toward the number of contests or dates in which the student-athlete has participated and the number of scheduled or completed contests or dates of competition in the season, except for scrimmages and exhibition contests that are specifically identified as such in the sport’s Bylaw 17 playing and practice season regulations. Scrimmages and exhibition contests that are
not exempted from the maximum permissible number of contests or dates of competition may be excluded from the calculation only if they are identified as such in the sport’s Bylaw 17 playing and practice season
regulations; and (Revised: 1/10/92, 1/14/97 effective 8/1/97, 4/26/01 effective 8/1/01, 3/10/04, 5/11/05, 8/4/05,
4/26/07 applicable to student-athletes who initially enrolled full time in a collegiate institution on or after 8/1/03,
9/18/07, 4/24/08)

Have there been changes to these rules?

Allowing redshirts to play might pump life into the bowl season.

If it were up to Kill, who is a member of the NCAA football rules committee, coaches could turn loose their redshirts this time of year.

"You'd like to have it happen, I can tell you that, because it makes a lot of sense, because there's a lot of people going to bowl games all beat up," Kill told reporters.

He said NCAA coaches have discussed the issue, but legislation could take awhile.

So, we're left to fantasize.

"I've never even thought about it," said Ron Brown, who has spent a quarter-century as a Nebraska assistant coach.

He paused.

"Yeah, it would add a little life to the bowl game," he said.

But would the plan be fair to veteran players? Say Valentine were eligible to play. Would that mean a senior would have to step aside in his final college game?

http://journalstar.com/sports/columnists/sipple/steven-m-sipple-allowing-redshirts-to-play-in-bowls-idea/article_5cd6fc01-9e47-5e88-96ec-f2ff823498eb.html
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 04:05:49 PM by bottomfeeder »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2016, 03:29:52 PM »
I really need CCTAU and Chizad to quit agreeing with each other.  Human sacrifice, cats and dogs living together, mass hysteria......the end of times, they are nigh!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2016, 03:32:33 PM »
I'm calling it now.  Auburn wins on the back of Jeremy Johnson's 4 TD passes and Pettway's 225 yards rushing and another 3 TDs.  52-45
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.