Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Conf Champ Weekend

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: Conf Champ Weekend
« Reply #80 on: December 08, 2016, 11:18:24 PM »
My daughter started playing softball at 5 years old on a 6-8 team. Friend was coaching and needed one more kid to fill the roster.

First game she drew a walk.   Reached second when half the infield ran in to try to field a slow roller.  Next kid up was the only one who could hit.  Eight year old natural athlete.  She crushes one into the outfield.  When my kid finally realizes she needs to run, the third base coach, all 6-6 300 of him is windmilling and screaming Go home! Go home!

So she ran right past him, tears streaming down her face, went through the dugout and straight to my truck. She was going home.  Took me two games to convince her to try it again.
LOL
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: Conf Champ Weekend
« Reply #81 on: December 08, 2016, 11:18:49 PM »
Since you said Tee Ball, it reminded me of my kid's first "sports" experience.  In his very first at bat in Tee Ball, he hits it and as is usually the case at that level, the 15 or so kids in the field all ran after it at one time.  He paused and saw what was gong on....then proceeds to help all the other kids run after the ball too...bat in hand.  They somehow all arrived at pretty much the same time.

Chip off the ole block.
:rofl:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs