Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Conf Champ Weekend

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Conf Champ Weekend
« on: December 03, 2016, 03:10:02 PM »
Is anyone even watching? I mean, who cares right? I am curious as the results of the Big12 b/w the Sooners and Cowboys. All the talking heads seem to thing Auburn will play one of these two in the Sugar Bowl. Outside of that, it all looks boring.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

Re: Conf Champ Weekend
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2016, 03:35:28 PM »
The big 12 should not be allowed to play on conference championship Saturday until they have a conference championship game. The regular season was over last week for the conferences who matter.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2016, 03:45:03 PM »
Not really watching. Doing some painting and going through old clothes I can't wear. I'll have the games on listening but only for noise. By the way who needs clothes? Got a bunch of 38w-32l dress pants for the needy liberals here that like freebies.  Looks like I'm staying at 32.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2016, 07:49:06 PM »
So bama steam rolls the Gatahs as predicted.  :rolleyes:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2016, 07:59:21 PM »
So bama steam rolls the Gatahs as predicted.  :rolleyes:

BUT.....For the 3rd straight game there has been questionable play calling in the 1st half leading to some bad football on offense and the worst 4 year kicker in the history of college continued to solidify his collegiate lore. 

13-0 is nice but very deceiving.  Minus the most opportunistic defense I've ever seen in Tuscaloosa this is a 2 loss season. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2016, 08:17:03 PM »
BUT.....For the 3rd straight game there has been questionable play calling in the 1st half leading to some bad football on offense and the worst 4 year kicker in the history of college continued to solidify his collegiate lore. 

13-0 is nice but very deceiving.  Minus the most opportunistic defense I've ever seen in Tuscaloosa this is a 2 loss season.

I think everybody and their brother knew bama would win. I was surprised the Gatahs actually scored a TD.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2016, 08:18:43 PM »
So the Sooner win. Does that mean Auburn plays Oklahoma in the Sugar Bowl? I assume that is correct.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2016, 08:26:23 PM »

Yeah, the defense was definitely as opportunistic as any I've ever seen.  Otherwise, I don't buy the 2 loss take.  Only seriously challenged once the entire season in the Ole Miss game.  LSU?  Meh.  They couldn't score.  Otherwise, every game was a cake walk.  Just too many athletes at every position. Hell, even the punt returner, Diggs, looks like Usain Bolt.

I will be interested to see how they match up out of conference now.  If the playoff positions hold as they are now, Bama should get Washington in Atlanta.  I'm a bigger believer in the Huskies than most.  They've got serious size and speed.  I wouldn't begin to claim UW would beat Bama, but that would be a damn fun game to watch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2016, 08:28:14 PM »
So the Sooner win. Does that mean Auburn plays Oklahoma in the Sugar Bowl? I assume that is correct.

A match up against a traditional power like that in the Sugar Bowl would be awesome.  However, I wish they were playing more like they were early on.  They've been punkin' a bitch lately.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2016, 08:37:57 PM »
A match up against a traditional power like that in the Sugar Bowl would be awesome.  However, I wish they were playing more like they were early on.  They've been punkin' a bitch lately.

It will be awesome as long as SW is the starter and the Baylor transfer signs with Auburn just before that. If we are 100% healthy, we can win that game. If not, I'm not watching more twirlybird bs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2016, 08:56:31 PM »
Anyone watching the Wisconsin/Penn State game?
I turned it over and seen the Badgers up by 14. I can't really help it. I want Penn to win.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2016, 09:11:24 PM »
Yeah, the defense was definitely as opportunistic as any I've ever seen.  Otherwise, I don't buy the 2 loss take.  Only seriously challenged once the entire season in the Ole Miss game.  LSU?  Meh.  They couldn't score.  Otherwise, every game was a cake walk.  Just too many athletes at every position. Hell, even the punt returner, Diggs, looks like Usain Bolt.

I will be interested to see how they match up out of conference now.  If the playoff positions hold as they are now, Bama should get Washington in Atlanta.  I'm a bigger believer in the Huskies than most.  They've got serious size and speed.  I wouldn't begin to claim UW would beat Bama, but that would be a damn fun game to watch.

I think the west coast offense style of quick passes is the best way to beat Alabama.  Quick slants and an occasional deep ball. You can't beat them runnning, I honestly don't think anyone in the country can beat them running. But quick passes causes disruption and secondary is a weakness. A converted linebacker is starting at safety. Washington poses problems for sure. Probably moreso than anyone else.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2016, 09:22:32 PM »
I think the west coast offense style of quick passes is the best way to beat Alabama.  Quick slants and an occasional deep ball. You can't beat them runnning, I honestly don't think anyone in the country can beat them running. But quick passes causes disruption and secondary is a weakness. A converted linebacker is starting at safety. Washington poses problems for sure. Probably moreso than anyone else.

Sorry, Pac10 will not beat SEC in the NC
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2016, 09:41:04 PM »
Nittany Lions are done. Hokies might have a chance. Could be a perfect storm for the Big 10...ish.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2016, 10:24:31 PM »
Sorry, Pac10 will not beat SEC in the NC

Nope.

Clemson is built the best to beat them. Good d. Dual threat qb. Good wrs
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2016, 10:47:55 PM »
Holy shit, Penn is back in it and now the Hokies are up against it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2016, 10:51:59 PM »
Nope.

Clemson is built the best to beat them. Good d. Dual threat qb. Good wrs

Agree to disagree.  Saban has spent 6 years building a defense that can defend a dual threat QB.  If Clemson was going to do it, they would have done it last year.  They can't do it.  I don't think Ohio State can do it.  The only team that I think can beat Alabama's defense is a team with a QB who can get rid of the ball quick.  Ole Miss has a good QB and they nearly did it.  I think Washington is the best passing team in the playoff hunt and I think they are the only ones who can drop back and get rid of the ball to beat the pass rush. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2016, 10:57:13 PM »
Agree to disagree.  Saban has spent 6 years building a defense that can defend a dual threat QB.  If Clemson was going to do it, they would have done it last year.  They can't do it.  I don't think Ohio State can do it.  The only team that I think can beat Alabama's defense is a team with a QB who can get rid of the ball quick.  Ole Miss has a good QB and they nearly did it.  I think Washington is the best passing team in the playoff hunt and I think they are the only ones who can drop back and get rid of the ball to beat the pass rush.

See, that's all they got against bama. That will only work the 1st have before he is seriously punished. PAC 10 can not defend against the SEC. Auburn could beat Washington.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2016, 11:44:53 PM »
So Penn St wins, how in the HELL are they not in the top 4? They beat OSU and win theor conference.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2016, 12:05:35 AM »
So Penn St wins, how in the HELL are they not in the top 4? They beat OSU and win theor conference.

I'm guessing it has something to do with their 2 losses.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs