Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

JJ to Start Against Alabama A&M and Possibly Alabama

JJ to Start Against Alabama A&M and Possibly Alabama
« on: November 17, 2016, 08:15:14 PM »
Overheard at the Football Gods' dinner table. Lots of laughter and merriment around.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: JJ to Start Against Alabama A&M and Possibly Alabama
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2016, 08:47:18 PM »
Overheard at the Football Gods' dinner table. Lots of laughter and merriment around.

Sounds like some solid skreets. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2016, 09:43:26 PM »
#FeelTheJohnson
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2016, 11:15:34 PM »
I'm all for it.  Especially on senior day.

We're fucked for the IB anyway, so let the kid get a shot at redemption.  Would make a hell of a story.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2016, 11:20:31 PM »

We're fucked for the IB anyway, so let the kid get a shot at redemption.  Would make a hell of a story.

That ^^
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2016, 11:26:20 PM »

What happened the last time bama faced a third string QB? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2016, 11:31:01 PM »
100% depends on if Pettway and KJ are healthy. If they are, not much changes from 3 weeks ago.  If JJ can hand off, run a little and hit a few passes, this will be a classic.  Don't forget.  Our D is bad ass and deep...just like my Johnson.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2016, 09:21:17 AM »
JJ's prospects for cleat-chasing trim improved this week so that's good for him. I guess.

:fu: 2016 football season
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

wesfau2

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2016, 09:31:30 AM »
:fu: 2016 football season

Da fuck?  I'm disappointed, but this football season isn't half as disastrous as some in our very recent history.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2016, 09:56:54 AM »
Da fuck?  I'm disappointed, but this football season isn't half as disastrous as some in our very recent history.
Not as bad as some seasons, but here's why it's just as frustratingly disappointing as 2013.

Prior to the Georgia game we were #9 in the CFP polls. That week, these teams lost.

(2) Clemson
(3) Michigan
(4) Washington
(8) TX A&M
(9) Auburn

Had we not lost, and after having beaten an SEC team, we would have been AT MINIMUM #5.

Last night Louisville got EMBARRASSED by Houston 36-10. Were losing 31-0 at the half and still couldn't do shit to adjust.

This would GUARANTEE us and Bama both being in playoff positions leading into our game. Hell, wouldn't shock me if we ended up #1 & #2 in this upcoming week's polls. Would have been fucking epic.

Now all hope has been thrown out the window with Sean's shoulder and Pettway's hammy and Cowart's appendix.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2016, 10:00:50 AM »
jmar votes for Johnson redemption story as well.

Prowler I'm not sure if you are invoking the spirit of Patrick Nix in an Auburn victory or
another that wept in a fetal position as we got throttled.

If Johnson plays: we need to be able to stay within a score at half to have a chance.
                          he cannot take a sack.
                          he has to throw for at least two scores.

If memory serves I believe that's the same recipe I called for in the last Iron Bowl.
He took a few sacks, one which was devastating...and he also telegraphed a pick.
We couldn't stop Henry in the 2nd half and they got behind us for a TD pass to A. Stewart?
Sort of went down like our opener with Clemson this season. Still in it for the most part...but ehhh, still out of reach.

And of course FWIW Coach Boom went Kaboom!   

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2016, 10:03:04 AM »
Not as bad as some seasons, but here's why it's just as frustratingly disappointing as 2013.

Prior to the Georgia game we were #9 in the CFP polls. That week, these teams lost.

(2) Clemson
(3) Michigan
(4) Washington
(8) TX A&M
(9) Auburn

Had we not lost, and after having beaten an SEC team, we would have been AT MINIMUM #5.

Last night Louisville got EMBARRASSED by Houston 36-10. Were losing 31-0 at the half and still couldn't do shit to adjust.

This would GUARANTEE us and Bama both being in playoff positions leading into our game. Hell, wouldn't shock me if we ended up #1 & #2 in this upcoming week's polls. Would have been fucking epic.

Now all hope has been thrown out the window with Sean's shoulder and Pettway's hammy and Cowart's appendix.

I get the disappointment, missing the playoffs due to untimely injuries is not in the same universe as '08 or '12.  Those seasons get the bird AND the gas-face.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2016, 10:07:18 AM »
I can tell you what is going to happen without bothering to watch either of the two last games.
Saturday, Kerryon will get 20+ carries, Kam Martin will get another 10-15 and Rudy Ford will come in and run 10 times in the 4th quarter.  JJ will throw around 10 passes, thus not giving him even a remote chance to build any confidence whatsoever in his arm or get on the same page with any of his receivers.  Auburn will win because the defense will keep the bulldogs out of the end zone until the 4th quarter, when the scrubs are in.  It will be something like 31-13.  Ho freaking hum.

Then, next Saturday, Gus will call 15 straight pass plays to start the iron bowl.  4 punts and a pick six later, Truitt will start running the ball straight up the gut 3 times a possession, then more punts.  Once we are down 35-0, JFIII will come in and run for a long TD and later cough the ball up a couple of times for a couple more defensive TDs.  Final:  7-49
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2016, 10:12:48 AM »
I get the disappointment, missing the playoffs due to untimely injuries is not in the same universe as '08 or '12.  Those seasons get the bird AND the gas-face.

Yep!  There was absolutely nothing disappointing about 13' except losing late to Captain FuckHerRightInTheCrabClaws.  And 2013 probably had as many classic AU moments as any season we've ever had. 

Hey, peeps may be bummed about the loss to Georgia.  But how'd ya' like to be a Texas A&M fan in November?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2016, 10:14:09 AM »
I can tell you what is going to happen without bothering to watch either of the two last games.
Saturday, Kerryon will get 20+ carries, Kam Martin will get another 10-15 and Rudy Ford will come in and run 10 times in the 4th quarter.  JJ will throw around 10 passes, thus not giving him even a remote chance to build any confidence whatsoever in his arm or get on the same page with any of his receivers.  Auburn will win because the defense will keep the bulldogs out of the end zone until the 4th quarter, when the scrubs are in.  It will be something like 31-13.  Ho freaking hum.

Then, next Saturday, Gus will call 15 straight pass plays to start the iron bowl.  4 punts and a pick six later, Truitt will start running the ball straight up the gut 3 times a possession, then more punts.  Once we are down 35-0, JFIII will come in and run for a long TD and later cough the ball up a couple of times for a couple more defensive TDs.  Final:  7-49

Well now, aren't you just a little ray of sunshine.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2016, 10:22:30 AM »
Yep!  There was absolutely nothing disappointing about 13' except losing late to Captain FuckHerRightInTheCrabClaws.  And 2013 probably had as many classic AU moments as any season we've ever had. 

Hey, peeps may be bummed about the loss to Georgia.  But how'd ya' like to be a Texas A&M fan in November?

Was about to say. What in the hell was wrong with 2013??

Guessing chizad means 14 and is incorrectly imploring teh chizad calendar mathZ
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2016, 10:27:39 AM »
Was about to say. What in the hell was wrong with 2013??

Guessing chizad means 14 and is incorrectly imploring teh chizad calendar mathZ
I meant 13. I just meant the way it ended. That we were THIS CLOSE.

Frustratingly disappointing and just plain bad are two different things.

That was the best season of the Malzahn era, and yeah we got an SEC championship to show for it, but losing in Pasadena hurt.

For that matter, I don't think this year has been "just plain bad" either.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2016, 10:29:07 AM »
I meant 13. I just meant the way it ended. That we were THIS CLOSE.

Frustratingly disappointing and just plain bad are two different things.

That was the best season of the Malzahn era, and yeah we got an SEC championship to show for it, but losing in Pasadena hurt.

For that matter, I don't think this year has been "just plain bad" either.

14 was the blown chance to me. Almost all starters back. In the playoff initially. And blew it down the stretch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2016, 10:29:58 AM »

How'd you like to be a Louisville fan?

My biggest disappointment has been and continues to be the trends Gus shows.  He doesn't learn from his mistakes and that is going to be his undoing.  I'm not upset with the season, what our record is, or who the fuck has lost above us. Our record is what I expected.  I'm upset with the way we have lost our games, COACHING.

I'm upset because we can never get both sides of the ball working together in the same year.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 10:31:29 AM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2016, 10:42:21 AM »
Well now, aren't you just a little ray of sunshine.
Yup.  I have seen this movie one five or six too many times.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.