Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Auburn Basketball 2016-2017

Re: Auburn Basketball 2016-2017
« Reply #400 on: February 22, 2017, 10:24:43 AM »
^^This^^

Plus, if you move your feet a little faster than walking pace, you tend to play better defense.

And, if your 3rd grader is complaining about a guy reaching in, telling him to elbow the guy in the nose so he backs off is apparently bad sportsmanship.  But I say What Would Barkley Do?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #401 on: February 22, 2017, 11:20:30 AM »
And, if your 3rd grader is complaining about a guy reaching in, telling him to elbow the guy in the nose so he backs off is apparently bad sportsmanship.  But I say What Would Barkley Do?
What about teaching the Mutumbo block finger wag?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #402 on: February 22, 2017, 12:30:44 PM »
What about teaching the Mutumbo block finger wag?

You teach GF Jr to do that, and I'll teach AUJ Jr the Bobby Knight Chair throw.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #403 on: March 01, 2017, 08:30:40 PM »
Tigers lose again.  Got swept by an average UGA.  17-13 (6-11)  NIT would be a reach at best. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #404 on: March 01, 2017, 08:42:25 PM »
Tigers lose again.  Got swept by an average UGA.  17-13 (6-11)  NIT would be a reach at best.

Hard to believe when you are a rebounding machine like AU!

I watched til the half. Pathetic once again. I've seen better passes in jr high than some of these guys throw.
Very talented but no discipline at all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #405 on: March 01, 2017, 08:47:43 PM »
Big leads have been our Achilles heel all season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #406 on: March 01, 2017, 09:49:53 PM »
Big leads have been our Achilles heel all season.

No doubt.  We simply cannot keep having to come from ahead.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #407 on: March 01, 2017, 10:16:02 PM »
No doubt.  We simply cannot keep having to come from ahead.
We have that "snatching defeat from the jaws of victory" thing down pat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #408 on: March 08, 2017, 10:14:57 PM »
Struggling at half with the worst team in the league.  Maybe they'll mercifully end our season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #409 on: March 08, 2017, 11:20:04 PM »
Headed to OT in typical AU fashion.  Up 6 with 16 seconds to go and they let Liberal Fuck U hit a 3.  In bounds to Harper, who dribbles down court and sticks his arm out and then elbows the guy running beside him, who flops.  Offensive foul.  LFU takes it down, misses a 3, easily gets the offensive rebound while AU stands and watches, throws it out for a second attempt at a 3.  Bang.  Overtime.  I'm headed to bed.  I don't care.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #410 on: March 08, 2017, 11:24:44 PM »
Well, at least that's over.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #411 on: March 08, 2017, 11:26:51 PM »
Well that was some shit. 

What fuckery
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #412 on: March 09, 2017, 08:08:14 AM »
Headed to OT in typical AU fashion.  Up 6 with 16 seconds to go and they let Liberal Fuck U hit a 3.  In bounds to Harper, who dribbles down court and sticks his arm out and then elbows the guy running beside him, who flops.  Offensive foul.  LFU takes it down, misses a 3, easily gets the offensive rebound while AU stands and watches, throws it out for a second attempt at a 3.  Bang.  Overtime.  I'm headed to bed.  I don't care.

I love Pearl. I really do. But I'll be damned if I didn't think he was a better coach than this. Honestly, I should have seen the writing on the wall like you did...but holy shit his teams have played awful at Auburn. I don't get it. I don't get why. This dude was a legit coach coming in and now we settle to launch a bullshit 3 80% of the trips down court? I don't get it at all...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #413 on: March 09, 2017, 08:09:29 AM »

And defense...holy fuck the defense. I know this is supposed to Be Chuck Person's responsibility...so what happens now? There has got to be a change somewhere, because this shit show is pathetic...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #414 on: March 09, 2017, 08:23:20 AM »
I love Pearl. I really do. But I'll be damned if I didn't think he was a better coach than this. Honestly, I should have seen the writing on the wall like you did...but holy shit his teams have played awful at Auburn. I don't get it. I don't get why. This dude was a legit coach coming in and now we settle to launch a bullshit 3 80% of the trips down court? I don't get it at all...

Agree

I'm starting to question how good a coach he really is. As in, was Tennessee the anomaly for him. And this is the norm? Not saying he's bad. Just not elite like we thought.

That said, Fuk this team. That was pathetic. No excuse. The players. The coach. All should have their tails tucked today. They should feel every bit as bad as they probably do. Actually more.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #415 on: March 09, 2017, 09:09:01 AM »

I think I posted something earlier about his record before AU.  (Memory lapse at old age)  10 seasons, all winning records and 8 trips to the Dance.  Mostly 20 or more win seasons.  The guy has to have the right recipe tucked away somewhere. You don't go to the Dance 8 times by just rolling the ball out there and saying, "Have fun."

Is he coaching differently?  No way I can sit here and tell you what style he ran at UT.  But they won and did it on a pretty high level.  Is this a total departure from what he did in Knoxville?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #416 on: March 09, 2017, 09:14:15 AM »
I think I posted something earlier about his record before AU.  (Memory lapse at old age)  10 seasons, all winning records and 8 trips to the Dance.  Mostly 20 or more win seasons.  The guy has to have the right recipe tucked away somewhere. You don't go to the Dance 8 times by just rolling the ball out there and saying, "Have fun."

Is he coaching differently?  No way I can sit here and tell you what style he ran at UT.  But they won and did it on a pretty high level.  Is this a total departure from what he did in Knoxville?
So, are you calling for Pearl's job or not?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #417 on: March 09, 2017, 09:28:04 AM »
So, are you calling for Pearl's job or not?

Look, I understand the decision is mine and mine alone.  I also know a lot of fans are waiting anxiously for that decision.  But, I'll tell you the same thing I say every year.  Coach Pearl and I are going to sit down at the end of the season and talk about the state of the program and his vision for the future.  Right now, it's too soon to do that with Coach Pearl and his guys waiting to see what seed they get and what region they'll be sent to.  Admittedly, it hasn't been the season I'm sure Coach Pearl wanted, so I know he expects a little lower seed than normal and they may have to travel out west. 

We'll let the dust settle on all that before we start talking about next season.  In the meantime, my full support is with Coach Pearl and the Auburn basketball program.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 09:30:54 AM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #418 on: March 09, 2017, 09:38:35 AM »
I like Pearl's passion.  I like his energy. 

But.

There's this thing going on with AU basketball.  We don't have the same guys year to year.  It was that way under Lebo, it was that way under Barbee.  We're always rolling out an entirely new lineup.  Most of the night we were running four freshmen and a sophomore.  Maybe I'm wrong, but unless you're Kentucky you have to have at least one guy on the floor who has a little experience and can be the leader.

There were times I saw something I thought was on the verge of being pretty damn good this year.  And there were times I saw what I saw last night.  Kids who don't know how to win together, kids who have no idea how to finish the deal. We blew huge leads against Ole Miss, and twice against Georgia.  Win those three and maybe close out a couple of others we had chances at the end?  This is an NIT-level team at least.   

If we don't lose three or four of these guys to whatever in the offseason then I think you let Pearl go one more season.  If he can't get these kids to the NCAAs at that point?  Abolish the program.  There's no need to subject Auburn fans to that level of shittopia.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #419 on: March 09, 2017, 09:46:34 AM »
I truly believe that we should simply leave Pearl alone. Give him carte Blanche. He's the  best chance we have at ever having a decent program again. If he doesn't turn it around, then just don't worry about it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com