Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Auburn Basketball 2016-2017

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Auburn Basketball 2016-2017
« on: November 12, 2016, 08:23:05 AM »
Auburn gets off to a good start with an 83-66 win over North Florida at home.  They have a couple of tune up games coming up against Georgia State and Eastern Kentucky before having to make a huge sacrifice by flying to Cancun for a tournament.  Prayers sent.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Auburn Basketball 2016-2017
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2016, 10:31:30 AM »
Watched a good bit of the game last night and let me say that this team is going to be fun to watch.
Heron and Purifoy are straight up ballers. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2016, 10:37:46 AM »
Watched a good bit of the game last night and let me say that this team is going to be fun to watch.
Heron and Purifoy are straight up ballers.

Where did you see it?  It wasn't on SECN or any other station on my Magnavox Console.  I turned the rabbit ears every which way I could.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2016, 10:55:29 AM »
Where did you see it?  It wasn't on SECN or any other station on my Magnavox Console.  I turned the rabbit ears every which way I could.
WatchESPN on the googled chromes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

jmar

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2016, 05:29:26 PM »
Coach Pearl happy with everything except for our lack of rebounding.
We ain't tall so we have to get mo scrappier.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2016, 05:50:51 PM »
WatchESPN on the googled chromes.

Did you pinch and pasta from the dot  I am a gay twerker that has no balls!!!!  I also have no idea how to use the quote function to post stories, so I annoy the piss out of others.  I like male genatalia in and around my mouth.???
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2016, 10:09:29 AM »
If the team is hitting threes, they will score a lot of points. The team looks a bit out of sort right now, but that is expected being the first game. There was some sloppy play, but there was also some streaky threes that buried the Ospreys.

Snuggle, you need to get an AppleTV...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2016, 10:29:31 AM »
If the team is hitting threes, they will score a lot of points. The team looks a bit out of sort right now, but that is expected being the first game. There was some sloppy play, but there was also some streaky threes that buried the Ospreys.

Snuggle?  Is that what they call one of them "Subliminal messages"?  You up for a spooning?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2016, 09:31:01 AM »
Snuggle?  Is that what they call one of them "Subliminal messages"?  You up for a spooning?

Only if you wear a Romo jersey.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2016, 09:33:39 AM »
Only if you wear a Romo jersey.

Dak is the new Romo.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2016, 10:06:25 AM »
Dak is the new Romo.

Dak throws Ints in the playoffs?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2016, 10:50:22 PM »

This is definitely one of those Freudian slip ups. Dude wants a Snaggle Snuggle.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2016, 11:40:13 PM »
On to tonight.  AU gets an 83-65 win over Sun Belt foe, Georgia State.  Good test.  GSU has a decent squad.  This was my first chance to see this version of Bruce Pearl's Tigers.  Honest assessment.

Athletic as hell.  Crazy good athletes all over the floor.  Good shooters.  Good ball handlers.  Easily the best collection of talent since the 99' team.  Take everything you've seen from AU basketball for the last 15 years and flush it.  New day.

So what does that mean?  It means no discipline.  No offensive sets at all. Defense is athletic but helter skelter.  No big man presence inside. This is balls to the wall, launch 3's, dribble, drive penetrate, kick it out, behind the back passes for dunks offense.  They can shoot.  They can hit free throws.  They can dunk.  They're street ball 101.  Deal with it.

This team will both highly disappoint and greatly amaze.  This could turn into a barely NIT team or a top 5-6 seed in the NCAA tourney depending on how they gel. The talent is there.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2016, 06:24:11 AM »
.500 in the SEC would be quite an accomplishment given our lack of an inside presence.
Maybe the Wiley kid coming in next season can eventually put us into the top echelon of the conference.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2016, 06:53:40 AM »
On to tonight.  AU gets an 83-65 win over Sun Belt foe, Georgia State.  Good test.  GSU has a decent squad.  This was my first chance to see this version of Bruce Pearl's Tigers.  Honest assessment.

Athletic as hell.  Crazy good athletes all over the floor.  Good shooters.  Good ball handlers.  Easily the best collection of talent since the 99' team.  Take everything you've seen from AU basketball for the last 15 years and flush it.  New day.

So what does that mean?  It means no discipline.  No offensive sets at all. Defense is athletic but helter skelter.  No big man presence inside. This is balls to the wall, launch 3's, dribble, drive penetrate, kick it out, behind the back passes for dunks offense.  They can shoot.  They can hit free throws.  They can dunk.  They're street ball 101.  Deal with it.

This team will both highly disappoint and greatly amaze.  This could turn into a barely NIT team or a top 5-6 seed in the NCAA tourney depending on how they gel. The talent is there.

So, you're saying fire Bruce?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2016, 08:25:27 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2016, 08:48:22 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2016, 09:12:05 AM »
Word is that Trump is going to deport the Jews anyway. Time to move on.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2016, 09:12:59 AM »

Perfect assessment.

I still don't know why they aren't pressuring full court like Pearl's team used to do at UT. It seems this brand of basketball would fit into the full court chaos.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2016, 09:23:52 AM »
Perfect assessment.

I still don't know why they aren't pressuring full court like Pearl's team used to do at UT. It seems this brand of basketball would fit into the full court chaos.

I'm hoping he's just trying to feel his team out first to see what they can do in the half court game. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions